MAC OS X 10.8 BOOT Partition (Working and Progress) (Help needed :^D )

Duna Unha

Hi everyone, I'm new to this Forum. ;D

The ideia here is to create a Guide on how to install Mac Os Lion 10.8 Dual Boot with Win7 on M14X (rev.1).

This is how far a went...

Well, I'm trying to get MAC OS to run in different boot Partition. Have anyone acquired that successfully ?

(It need to be in a different partion, a fresh install, cause on a virtual Machine some apps wont work.)

My Specs are:

I7 - GT555M

SSD on main HD bay

HDD on caddy under DVD bay.

So only USB Bootable for me.

Here is I'm at:

With Niresh's File:

I'm using a version of Niresh pre-made iso, with many fixes. (Niresh12495-OSX-10.8-USB).

BUT, I'm still unable to get to Install 1st screen.

With UniBeast:

With Unibeast, and adding Kext files chaging USB and External Divices, and many other using Multibeast BEFORE Installing, I was able to get the installation running.

Booting with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No

BUT, always get an error at about 15mim of files been copied the MACOS Partition.

All right, if anyone have done this before, could you help me out please.

• 4 weeks later...

You could read and adapt the how-to I made for the M11x R1: http://vladichimescu.me/pages/consultant/alienware_m11x_r1/ ... if I hear about someone making the sound work (the Creative Recon3Di), I will compile an DSDT and smooth this beast for the dual boot UEFI (maybe even find a way to switch graphics) - Windows 8 and OS X ML (I don't have the time to loose for the sound) (I'm trying to sell this machine until New Year)

• Thumbs Up 1

In past ive done win xp/win7/linux multiboot using grubloader to enter linux or windows 7 loader and selecting win 7 or legacy os for xp. Could one make a four way multi boot like that or three way mac os/windows/linux?

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

having GPT(Alienware M14x R2 A09 bios supports UEFI=GPT) you may have the possibility to boot too many OSes to be count, but in MBR, OS and Windows partitions must be primary, Linux can boot from Extended partition:

PS: there's no need to have a redundant menu, so why would you choose that ? @mw86