M18x r2 Game freezing problem

tbedalov

Greetings techinferno community and moderators...

My configuration:

i7 3820 QM

16 GB

standard 750 Gb

64bit win7

dual 7970M

A08 bios

dell graphic drivers atm..

I am having huge problems with games.. All of them tend to freeze after some time when I play them.. Also when I am trying to watch youtube movies using chrome or IE they tend to freeze my system as well.. Only thing i can do is a physical reset. CRTL+ALT+DEL doesnt work.. Computer freezes both when I am using crossfire or not...

I have tried using 12.6, 12.7 beta, 12.8, 12.8 mobility, 12.9 beta, unofficial drivers from asder00. Ofc, evertime i would run driversweeper from safe mode.. clean registry using CCleaner and make a fresh install..

Been using HWinfo64 to monitor temps.. they all seem normal..

Also I have checked whole system from bios.. CPU, GPU, memory says ok...

Please if Anybody has any idea how could I solve this problem?

Thanks

@tbedalov Try this modded one of the 12.9 beta. This is the only one that has fixed the issues you are talking about. It happens in most of the same scenarios you described. http://forum.techinferno.com/amd/1994-%5Bmobile-desktop%5D-amd-catalyst-12-8-whql.html#post27704

I recommend you try Driver Fusion for the clean install and CCleaner as you already use. Make sure your on the absolute latest version of Chrome as I also was having browser crashing and this driver is the most dependable out of the ones i have used. This is in crossfire. There is definitely more probs in crossfire then single card but we have two cards we should be able to use them.

http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

The free version works just fine. Uninstall the drivers, dont restart open driver fusion and select AMD. Follow prompts and let it restart when needed. Upon restart open driver fusion and do the same to ensure all files are gone then give ccleaner a go to make sure no registry entries left. Install driver after restart and make sure CCC is set to defaults unless you make custom game profiles or Chrome and other gpu driven programs may use abnormal settings used for games. So in all cases i recommend for normal use having CCC on defaults. I hope this helps. Please post back in anycase so we can help further.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

I have tried as u advised.. I must say that I had very bad results using this mobility drivers.. Before I was able to run games for 10-15mins or even maybe an hour before the freeze... Now game freezes right away when I am entering Skyrim world or logging in in GW2..

Also, I was using Driver Fusion as u said I should instead of DriverSweeper and there was 3 registry entries that would not be deleted before I upgrade to premium version.. Do u think it matters? Should I upgrade to premium or go back to Sweeper? Also I have seen 1 more driver I did not tried yet on the same thread u have send me link.. I will try that 1 as well..

Thanks

I can't access tbedalovs response. He mentioned me and in my profile it says he responded. It reads thank you MW86 for your quick response but I dont see his reply here when i click the link. @Michael do you know where his response went?