Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

Before I give you the answer to how to edit the platform.ini, I just want to say that reading through all 85 pages of this thread taught me a LOT, and I suggest you do the same!

With that said, I found it within the first 10 pages...

(select the file - right click - select Edit - change RESSEN to RESSDIS - it is the last word of the 3rd line - Save)

Fitz

I want to instal the

Lenovo Y580 / Y480 BIOS v2.07 (5DCN40WW) -> unlocked, whitelist removed, Nvidia 660m @ 1GHz default 3d clocks

But when i run it it says that The version of rom files isn't newer than version of bios.

About 7 mounts ago i updated te bios to V2.07, how can i undo that update and install this one?

[MENTION=17271]Floare Cosmin[/MENTION], you'll need to modifiy the platform file, first line in the 'common flash' section -> change RESSEN to RESSDIS and try again.

[MENTION=9245]Florian Richters[/MENTION], try to flash BIOS ver.8.00 or 8.01 (you can find .bin on this forum). And don't forget to save your original BIOS before flashing .

• Thumbs Up 1

@Floare Cosmin, you'll need to modifiy the platform file, first line in the 'common flash' section -> change RESSEN to RESSDIS and try again.

@Florian Richters, try to flash BIOS ver.8.00 or 8.01 (you can find .bin on this forum). And don't forget to save your original BIOS before flashing .

Will Bios 8.00 work on an lenovo with Bios 2.06 ? i thought it won´t work. Don´t read the last postings -.-

Hi there,

Is there any way to enable "SecureBoot" in the Bios ? [ i have the 2.06 Bios from svl7 ] i don´t find any solution for SecureBoot in my Bios and Win8.1 shows me a watermark.. (SecureBoot not working correctly)

Secure boot will never work on a modified bios. That's the whole point of secure boot... making sure the firmware is untouched.

I have installed the original (called Version 40)

SecureBoot also not working here.. (no Option in Stock bios for this)...

Will Lenovo update the Mainboard to v8.00 if i sent it to them?

I also want to delete the Watermark cause it sucks :D

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3372/h5miubf6_png.htm <-- here´s a Picture from that..

I don't know, it's damn stupid of Lenovo not to provide any bios updates, really. Seeing how many different bios versions there are for the Y580/480 Y500/400, Y510p/410p etc. without any of it being provided to the customers is a reason for me not to recommend any Lenovo laptops.

You can use the leaked v8.0 beta bios, secure boot should work there. (See attachment).

It's signed, else it won't flash or work, so nothing to worry about.

QIWY3090.zip

QIWY3090.zip

i give it a try hopefully it worked :D thx !!

EDIT :

Okay it worked, i need to change my Wifi Card cause no whitelist.

But the Watermark don´t move..

In Bios i could enabled /disabled Secure boot

But unter " Windows Licence " it called invalid -.- (don´t know why)

DId you slv7 have any idea ?

i´m able to install your version now ? (801 or 8.00 ) ?

[MENTION=9245]Florian Richters[/MENTION], Y580 with preinstalled Windows 8 have BIOS ver 8.00 or 8.01 (Windows 8 license inside this BIOS). Because you have preinstalled BIOS ver 2.06 and possibly Windows 7 you don't have Windows 8 license and in BIOS under " Windows Licence " it called invalid.

Try to disassemble the laptop itself, and unsolder the battery to reset the BIOS as instructed (Turn on, press F2, arrow down, four arrow left and four Enter ). then solder the battery back.

I think that it won't work. After reading various forums, I learned that on the laptop Lenovo worth EPPROM, which is a type of nonvolatile memory (where is the password). Therefore, removing the battery BIOS does not will reset the password.

Ok got it.

But now I have a big problem, mentioned a few times in this thread before.

- Black screen, no POST at all, no booting to Windows

Resetting the BIOS does not work at all. Strangely the laptop booted up once just fine, the next time the black screen appeared.

QIWY3/4 etc does not work.

Isn't there any original 8.0 BIOS file with a correct filename that can be flashed? I can successfully enter the flash-mode (fn+b, fn+r), but the system just keeps looking for the correct file - also mentioned before.

@svl7: I hope you can help out here, as there are numerous people with these problems :/

At the moment my laptop is a brick, and that is bad, since I need it in the morning for work (it's only 2 days old).

I hope anyone can pick this problem up, it's been around quite a while from what I've read in this thread.

Thanks in advance guys,

Nope, no POST at all.

I can't figure what else this should be. I entered the flashed BIOS the first time it booted up, looked through all the menus quickly, and then shut down the laptop (had to leave). So I have no idea whether it would have successfully booted into windows if I havent had entered the BIOS.

But now I have no access to whatsoever. Blindly resetting didn't work at all. So I guess this has to be the BIOS. (As mentioned above, fn+r for entering recovery via USB works, but that's it)

@svl7: Any chance you could help me out? Any ideas, or maybe an original 8.0 BIOS file that I can flash? I've tried everything mentionend in this thread so far, but with no luck.

I can only confirm that only QIWY4.bin/rom flashes on my laptop (~6MB filesize, my original backup from the tutorial with ~4MB does not flash, USB only blinks)

Thanks in advance