Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

I solve this problem. I restart my laptop several times and he was boot to mod bios. I do not know what the problem was, but it was solved by repeatedly pressing the boot to bios button. Thanks for your mod and guide! Now default clock of gpu - 1000 MHz!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Russia.

Hi !

I have a problem...

I flashed 8.01 BIOS, BIOS is unlocked, but GTX660m is still locked, standard 835MHz, and max +135MHz what's going on ?

Some time ago I flashed this Y580 and everything was OK (except of "blink issue" that I described in other thread, i send y580 on warranty [guy said that they formated HDD <facepalm> no comment, Polish Lenovo Support rocks :bananalama:] btw I had this issue even before flashing and OC)

In preasent flashing I got 2 messages (i don't remember - was that normal ? always?):

PDR Region does not exist

GBE Region does not exist.

------EDIT-----

At now it works ... laptop was restarted about 2-3 times, and 1 or 2 asleep, IT"S MAGIC ....</facepalm>

I have a problem. I have a lenovo y580. After a bad bios update to the latest bios (9.xx), I wasn't able to post.

I tried various combinations of loading in alternative bios to a USB stick, sticking that in the USB slot, and holding Fn/Win + B/R/Escape (I tried pretty much every combination) with file name QIWY3.ROM, QIWY3.bin, QIWY3.bi.

Nothing worked.

Then I tried the solution posted here, Y580 BIOS recovery - Page 2 - Lenovo Community.

Now, I there is no display and I can't post! Plus, when I enter my USB stick into the USB port, no light comes on to indicate its being read. This is after I removed the hard drive and optical drive to isolate errors.

Additionally, the CMOS chip is soldered onto this board, so there is no hope of resetting the bios that way.

Anybody have any clue on what I can do to save this thing?

Is it now safe to upgrade the y580 with 2.07 (unlocked bios) to a 8.xx version. Would like to test this beta from slv7?

Im want to get rid of the safe boot message from the new windows 8.1 update. I know that its caused by a "not safe" bios > the unlocked i am using...

I've got this problem too. I don't know the name of bios recovery file, but it may be QIWY4 or something like this. On the box of my laptop printed - com platform name is QIWY4110571. Tomorrow I will go to the service for hardware bios restore :72: Bootblock of the bios is broken, and I don't know how to restore it and clear cmos...

Is it now safe to upgrade the y580 with 2.07 (unlocked bios) to a 8.xx version. Would like to test this beta from slv7?

Im want to get rid of the safe boot message from the new windows 8.1 update. I know that its caused by a "not safe" bios > the unlocked i am using...

Yes, it's 100% safe. I've just used this beta to update my unlocked bios (2.07). Now I have new options in bios regarding the Safe Boot and few other things. In order to get rid of the safe boot message you have to choose the option "reset to factory key" in bios and of course have the Safe Boot and UEFI enabled. After a reboot you should have the Safe Boot status in bios changed to "enabled". The other good news is that now the laptop seems to start faster and there is no Win8 loading screen but a Lenovo logo. Unfortunatelly there's a white list again, no GPU OC and no advanced settings in the BIOS. So I have a question: is it safe to update this beta BIOS to the unlocked bios ver. 8.00 from the first page?

I don't know, it's damn stupid of Lenovo not to provide any bios updates, really. Seeing how many different bios versions there are for the Y580/480 Y500/400, Y510p/410p etc. without any of it being provided to the customers is a reason for me not to recommend any Lenovo laptops.

You can use the leaked v8.0 beta bios, secure boot should work there. (See attachment).

It's signed, else it won't flash or work, so nothing to worry about.

Ist safe to Flash That bios over orginal 2.07 bios. Will there be a problem with the orginal WiFi card

I don't know, it's damn stupid of Lenovo not to provide any bios updates, really. Seeing how many different bios versions there are for the Y580/480 Y500/400, Y510p/410p etc. without any of it being provided to the customers is a reason for me not to recommend any Lenovo laptops.

You can use the leaked v8.0 beta bios, secure boot should work there. (See attachment).

It's signed, else it won't flash or work, so nothing to worry about.

I think That is the solution but i cant download the file :(

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalk

Hi,

whether thesoftware has already enabledvirtualization?

If you install the unlocked BIOS, you can enable the virtualization in the BIOS.

Its safe to flash this on any Y580 i meen with i5 or i7
Ist safe to Flash That bios over orginal 2.07 bios. Will there be a problem with the orginal WiFi card

Yes, it's safe to flash that bios over original 2.07 bios and it doesn't matter whether it's i5 or i7 laptop. There will be no problems if you have the original WiFi card.

Hi, after upgrade to W8.1 I recieved a message Windows 8.1 - Secure boot isn't configured properly. How to restore default keys - no such option in bios? Thanks

Which version of BIOS do you have?

• Thumbs Up 1

Would like to ask if anyone here using Intel Wireless-N 7260 with Bluetooth? I'm planning to upgrade my Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG to Intel Centrino Advance-N 6205 but i noticed that the Wireless-N 7260 is newer. The 6205 is Wifi only while the 7260 is Wifi/Bluetooth combo so not sure it will cause some disruption as there's another Bluetooth on board the Y580. Anyone can clarify on this 7260? Or the only option for upgrade is the 6205? I also accept any suggestion for other model. =)

Thank you. I have installed 8.0 bios and everythink OK, but can i update it to unlocked 8.01 now?

I don't know, I asked the same question because there were many people in this thread who had problems after installing the unlocked bios ver 8.xx. I think it could be safe to install the unlocked bios ver 8.00 not 8.01. Can someone confirm that?

I have a Lenovo Y580. Here's the System Information of my BIOS. Running Windows 8.1 Pro with the SecureBoot watermark. Can anyone tell me what BIOS version to install to remove the watermark?

http://i.imgur.com/sak2iFB.png

Thank you smile.png

The solution is few posts back: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/2260-lenovo-y580-y480-unlocked-bios-versions.html#post69650

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, I asked the same question because there were many people in this thread who had problems after installing the unlocked bios ver 8.xx. I think it could be safe to install the unlocked bios ver 8.00 not 8.01. Can someone confirm that?

Maybe would be better to first update to Lenovo 8.00 official, if there is one.