EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
StamatisX

Monitors

I use 2 screens, have since Windows NT days. Since about 2005, I've been using Dell 2405FPW. Still work great, love the matte screen. I've always had them turned down in brightness. Friends have tried other brands, but end up having problems. I personally think Dell monitors have had a price / performance edge, and although I haven't used the latest batch of wider color gamut monitors, the new Dell high end monitors sound tempting. Not till these 2405's give up the ghost I guess... cost about $1250 each to get them delivered. In 2005 money, that was a lot of cash.

I am the proud owner of a Benq XL2420, special gaming monitor. The refresh rate is 120 hz. Great for playing FPS. Very fast TN panel.

I am a proud owner of the BenQ XL2420TE, it is an awesome monitor up to 144 hz . Loving this thing. And I agree with what you've said. Very satisfied with BenQ.

While I use 4 monitors the stand out is my Crossover 27" 2560x1440. I'm sure we've all heard of the cheap Korean IPS panels, and I took the plunge after much research on the OC boards. Have to say for the price I couldn't be happier. Reports of dead pixels, inconsistent brightness may be true in some situations but my screen is flawless. Highly recommend checking them out, at least to decide you want to spend more on the big name guys :)

I have a QNIX panel which is really the same as the Crossover one mentioned above. Green-sum on ebay is the seller to get it from. The shipping time is amazing considering it's coming from Korea, and they test each monitor to be sure they meet a minimum quality standard. One of the other cool things is that you can overclock the refresh rate... so if your graphics card(s) can keep up, you should be able to get 90 to 120Hz depending on your luck. Not bod at all for a $300 27" WQHD panel.

AOC IPS 26"

And I'm loving it, for the price that I got it at (119 USD) it's really a fantastic monitor, plus I managed to OC the refresh rate to a smooth 75hz without artifacts.

I'm currently using a 27" Ultrasharp, and 3x LG IPS monitors (unsure of exact model # at this moment as I am not at home). After getting my first IPS I don't think I can ever go back to a TN panel!

I'm returning my Dell S2440L for an Asus VS248H-P. I've only had the Asus for less than a day, but it looks to be the better option overall. I will miss the aesthetics of the Dell though... It's a nicely designed device.

Dell U2311H and wait Crossover 3020mdp from ebay

I chose them for WCG-CCFL.

I just recently picked up a Qnix QX2710 Evolution II 27" LED Monitor off amazon. Was shipped to my house and received it next day all in $339. Unreal Deal and and unreal monitor. 2560x1440 looks beautiful!

Can't believe there is just a single person using a CRT display of those who replied. I've seen a lot of LCD's, but I still don't want to replace my Phillips Brilliance 201B CRT. In fact, I'd even buy another one, if they weren't so rare.

Ben Q XL2420Z, color is terrible but response time is absolutely instant.

Yes ! I'm using two of then, just waiting to get the 3º one, they are amazing.

Running an LG IPS224 here. A decent budget IPS monitor. Beats TN panels hands down though. Hopefully in the future I can add another IPS screen to the mix and stop using my laptop as a second monitor :)

I have Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor- U2412M. The U2412M provides a brilliant view.[h=3][/h]

Can't believe there is just a single person using a CRT display of those who replied. I've seen a lot of LCD's, but I still don't want to replace my Phillips Brilliance 201B CRT. In fact, I'd even buy another one, if they weren't so rare.

I have GDM-FW900 :D I love 16:10 and I can not lie :D

I have an HP 22xi. It's a fairly good monitor considering it's an IPS monitor that only cost me £120 :D

Anyone know of a monitor under 24" that's 2560x1440/1600 though?

I've had my 27" ViewSonic VX2753mh-LED for about 2 years now. It's 1080p with 1ms response and has a matte finish. You can remove part the stand and have the screen sitting directly one your desk which is cool. It's an excellent monitor but I'm starting to think about getting one with a higher resolution.

I'm also torn about whether I want matte or glare screen. I haven't had a reflective screen since I had mt last CRT monitor.

I've heard people comment that shiny screen have a more vibrant viewing experience.

What are people's thoughts on shiny vs matte?

My primary is an old Dell 2408WFP... best monitor I've ever had. Waiting until a 120Hz+ IPS screen is widely available to make a switch.

i use three 24" Dell IPS panels (1920x1200), i've been using them for a few years now, and i must say, minus the thick bezels in between the displays, it is hard for me to even consider getting rid of them for a new 4K monitor. i have grown too attached to the way i can easily separate tasks between the three screens. though you are able to do this on a 4K display, it is not the same, there's a sense of physical separation between the tasks.

I'm using the LG 25" CLASS 21:9 ULTRAWIDE™ IPS LED GAMING MONITOR (25" DIAGONAL), and i seriously don't want to use another one! the display is great, the only downside would be that it isn't 120 hz.

Im using AOC 24 (AOC g2460Pg)  and for gaming is one of the best 24 with gsync monitors on the market, and great price

Edited by KCI123