Quadro card for gaming

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Just use 300W power supply from x7200. What maximum core frequency (for bench) did you obtain?

If I would have that 300W one I would do that . ;)

The sliders were at +370Mhz/+1000Mhz with CPU@ 4.5Ghz when my PSU just shutdown... :dispirited:

It seems to me that it is not only the power supply issue but rather the CPU voltage regulator. In the HM model it was badly positioned and it overheated. Check That there are no white sediment around the controller.

clevop150hmservicemanua.jpg

In P150/170EM improved this design flaw.

clevop150emservicemanua.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

THX! One more spot to stick a copper block...

But yeah all good with the board. :untroubled:

It was just the normal PSU overload auto shutdown. Everything was quite cool, GPU was just @ 70c.

But I just figured that I had it in 120Hz mode. I am using the 3D model, that eDP screen sucks some extra juice so things add up...will put it in 60Hz mode tonight and see what it pulls from the wall...

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is more than a month old, but I would love to try the vBios files that are available in the previous posts... unfortunately I don't have permission to download?.. I am new here, hopefully not causing trouble.

I just upgraded my Dell M6600 to the K5000M. The card originally came with bios version 80.04.14.00.03 which wouldn't let the core surpass 324MHz although the clock speed read 601MHz; the memory wasn't even adjustable in Nvidia Inspector. I updated the bios to 80.04.33.00.35; In Nvidia inspector, It will not let me clock the CPU higher than 735. And although the GPU clock reads at 735, when running games or FurMark GPU-Z's Sensors never show the clock going above the defaults 601MHz.

It's the bios...right? I'd love to test out the vBios files the others were test driving. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually Quadro graphics is have better effect and detail than gaming GeForce series. That's because Quadro Graphics got better render effects in Perpendicular Line.

But,according to the low GPU Clock of Quadro, you might need to do overclocking with it to get higher frames.

• 1 month later...
Actually Quadro graphics is have better effect and detail than gaming GeForce series. That's because Quadro Graphics got better render effects in Perpendicular Line.

But,according to the low GPU Clock of Quadro, you might need to do overclocking with it to get higher frames.

My quadro K3000M performance is almost the same as i had with my old 580M GTX in alienware M17x. Thats with +135MHz core OC. I just wonder how much can you push it in M6700 with stock voltages? I will definetly try K3000M vbios mod, but i dont wanna fry the card...

With just unlocked vbios (without OV), this card overclock perfectly. However, with OV vbios the real fun begins. :)

Nice 3dmark11 score, is that OC-ed score if so, then what was the original score:)

I have vbios mod and running my card +400MHz (CORE) and it gives me around 50-60% performance gain (~4000p in 3dmark11) with K3000M, and it is still cool and stable :)

post-13882-14494995531441_thumb.jpg

Just cause 2 maxed out (16xAA 16xAF ULTRA settings)

post-13882-14494995531899_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

does anyone here use the K5000M in a Clevo P150EM? I have a (I think) Dell Precision M6700 VBIOS on it (Version 80.04.33.00.35) and I have one problem: Optimus does not work. The GPU doesn't turn off on idle, so I have to "suffer" all the disadvantages of Optimus without having lower powerconsumption... I think, my VBIOS is Optimus-disabled, because I used it in P150HM before.

So which VBIOS works best for P150EM?

Thanks.

The Problem is: It IS there! P150EM cannot disable Optimus, so I have all the disadvantages without lower powerconsumption :-(

P150HM needed 25-30W on idle, P150EM 35-40W (Same GPU), because the Intel GPU is now consuming power, too. If I had a OP-enabled VBIOS, I could at least have the 17W idle power as a benefit...

I can see 3 pros in Optimus:

- lower Power on idle (what means no fan noise from the GPU, too)

- support of Wireless Display (OK, I consider WiDi as unsecure and have never seen a display, that supports it)

- no need of blind-flashing GPUs, because Optimus-Systems will boot and supply the screen even with wrong VBIOS

( - finally the livetime of the expensive GPU may increase a little bit if it is off, most of time)

But there are a lot of cons:

- IF the Nvidia GPU is on, the System needs 10-20W MORE power (My problem...)

- Maximum screen resolution and color depth are limited

- No support of 120Hz/3D TVplay (Intel says the IHD-graphics got their own 3D-technology (InTru), but I could never get it work)

- IHD-graphics can just handle two Displays (Maybe newer IHDs can handle more... I'm not sure)

- FPS-Bugs when some programs use the Nvidia GPU and some other don't or if the IHD-Chip is decoding Videos

- No possibility, to let a program running on the Nvidia GPU if the power supply is attached and on the IHD, if the laptop runs on akku

- The OS have to load both drivers on startup

If I forgot something, please complete it.

In fact I got all the cons with my current VBIOS but no of the real pros.

• 2 months later...