Is it worth flashing my dell 680m?

esca

I've been reading a lot of things that have said that the dell 680m act very nicely after flashing the vbios because of throttling. And I have also read that it doesnt come close to the clevo 680m's performance. Is all this true? And at the moment does it seem like flashing the dell's cards vbios is kind of pointless????

I don't have a 680m (yet) but what I have read suggests that overclocking the Dell 680m is fine up to about 850 core, after that it starts to throttle. The Clevo cards can be clocked much higher and will not throttle, but one has to wonder how that will effect the life expectancy of the card.

As for flashing being worth it. I think that you can now OC the 680m just using something like Nvidia Inspector. You can make the clock shortcuts and have them applied at startup. Thus, I am not sure I see a good reason for flashing. If you go much higher than the 135 mhz OC that is already allowed you are likely gonna hit throttling on the Dell card, so I would tend to say just do like a 130 Mhz OC to 850 core using inspector and skip the flash. I will test my hypothesis when I get a card. Perhaps some other members that have actually tried all the options will weigh in as well.

Cool. That's kind of what I got out of my searches aswell. Thx so much for your help. I'll just stick with NVIDIA inspector for my OC'ING till I hear anything new about the throttling being fixed.