[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

svl7

I don't know if this thread is still alive, but I could definitely use some help. I'm trying to flash my 880M on an MSI laptop and I created a bootable dos usb and followed the instructions but it just won't boot into the USB. I tried putting it as number 1 priority in boot order but still nothing. I'm running Wondows 8.1, and solution? Thanks!

Try the USB on another machine, if it doesn't boot there it's a problem with the USB. If it does boot it's probably your BIOS settings (disable UEFI might work)

In DOS there's an eight character file name limit, as stated in the first post. You mustn't use names which aren't longer than 8 characters (excluding the extension).

That shouldn't stop him from booting to DOS, we would run into issues selecting the file to flash.

• 2 weeks later...
i m using the latest version( nvflash_windows_5.190.0.1.) , but it just says no nvidia display adapters found , i have asus n56jr with nvidia 760m.

Thanks,

I am also having the same issue with my GT60-16F3. I am using a clevo 970m , and is detected by windows (needs modified inf drivers though) but how come it cannot be detected under nvflash with the latest version?

post-7316-14494998970888_thumb.jpg

I am also having the same issue with my GT60-16F3. I am using a clevo 970m , and is detected by windows (needs modified inf drivers though) but how come it cannot be detected under nvflash with the latest version?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13399[/ATTACH]

Cause 5.127 is nowhere close to being the latest version of nvflash.

Hi All,

I've done what flashing vbios for gtx 880m in m17x r3. unfortunately, It does not work. I might be wrong in process.

I can see blue screen when it does come out booting then go to first booting screen after flashing vBios.

What should I do for fix?

Let me explain what I have wrong please.

Here is what I am done.

1. Flashing A12 BIOS.

2. INSTALL GTX 880M DRIVER 340.43 Beta and modded nvdmi.inf v340.43

3. INSTALL IDT SOUND DRIVER

*There are no problem.

4. FLASHING NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods

*shows up blue screen when It run booting

That is what I've been issue.

Thank you,

Mike

Is there a way for the latest version nvflash 5.19 to force flash the vbios? I am getting an error in mismatched id E910 vs e905 for gt 970m.. one got optimus enabled (for gt60 haswell) the other came from gt72 which I know doesn't use optimus... Can someone please help me what command I must put in? cos the one I use for the command is this : "c:\nvflash -6 file.rom" .. error : board id mismatch. theres no "-4" with the latest version

• 5 weeks later...

can anyone help me..

i'm trying to reflash the vbios for GT750m on lenovo Y410P 2nd VGA

but the nvflash always said:

EEPROM ID: Unknown

already tried the windows nvflash n the dos version, the result is same

i use this command

nvflash -i 1 -4 -5 -6 -r -j 9D3D.rom

thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! I followed these steps to a T and now my Clevo P170EM is stuck at this screen after I did Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I can't hit anything and go anywhere Really hurting atm lol unless there is a fix here, not sure what happened, it said it updated with success but I can't get anywhere after boot, I tried removing the CMOS battery holding down power for 30 seconds and nothing same screen. Just bought this machine and it was working fine until I tried this, Any HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

post-33084-14494999385379_thumb.jpg

GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! I followed these steps to a T and now my Clevo P170EM is stuck at this screen after I did Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I can't hit anything and go anywhere Really hurting atm lol unless there is a fix here, not sure what happened, it said it updated with success but I can't get anywhere after boot, I tried removing the CMOS battery holding down power for 30 seconds and nothing same screen. Just bought this machine and it was working fine until I tried this, Any HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13989[/ATTACH]

Running Windows 8.1? Enable UEFI on BIOS and you are good to go

i have lenevo y50 with 860m maxwell 4gb, i used NVFlash 5.206.0.1 for Windows but i get error when i want to save my vBios.please help me!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14130[/ATTACH]

It's hosted in system BIOS, drop me a PM...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question concerning the flashing of a 880M from an AW17 bought in early 2015 (AW17-R1).

My concern is that the original 880M bios backup size differs from the modded 880M bios made by svl7.

my original bios size is 169984 bytes (backed up with nvflash 5.136 under dos) Version 80.04.F5.00.07 (P2053-0002) from 12-March-2014

svl7 modded bios is 170496 bytes (from Nvidia GTX 880m - 'OC edition' - rev00.zip)

Since I am quite a novice about flashing roms I would like to take extra precautions before flashing my 880M.

So my question is : Shouldn't both roms be of equal size ? (original and modded one)

It would be great if svl7 himself or any other expert could enlighten me about this issue.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy, I'm having trouble getting my voltages back to stock. I have two gtx 675m's. I overvolted them from .87v to .92v and I think that's the cause of my computer crashes but when I put the stock vbios back on the clocks when to stock but the voltage didn't. Any suggestions?

Can I flash vBios using nvflash under Windows's cmd? How reliable and safe is it compare to flash under DOS? See the instruction link:

http://www.**************/t/1523391/easy-nvflash-guide-with-pictures-for-gtx-970-980

I don't have usb disk right now so if this method also works then I will go ahead and try it.

Oh great. Overclock.net links are forbidden in here