[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

svl7

What's unclear? It's really simple:

1. backup

2. flash

3. reboot

Just the inbetween stuff. So I'm looking at the NVFlash folder and was wondering which files are supposed to go to into the USB. Is it supposed to be these two files? These are the two files in the NVflash folder. It is NVFLASH and CWSDPMI. Also the rom I want to use is this. Dell 765m (AW14) - 80.06.64.00.01_OCs.ROM. I know this would have to be in the USB too but I would need to rename the file correct? When I do backup flash, do I literally type "filename" or does it have to be the name of the stock bios? Sorry if I'm not getting it. I just really would prefer to see a video tutorial.

What's unclear? It's really simple:

1. backup

2. flash

3. reboot

Never mind got it to work! :D Successfully flashed my GTX 765M on AW 14 with your modded vbios. Thank you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have no absolutely no usb stick at hand.

Besides the obvious risks (of system freezes, etc) is there any other reason why I couldn't use nvflash for windows to flash my 780m?

I think thats the main reason.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I have no absolutely no usb stick at hand.

Besides the obvious risks (of system freezes, etc) is there any other reason why I couldn't use nvflash for windows to flash my 780m?

ummm possible that another programs/games using the card and it's not a clean bios flash - lead to other issues.

I think im missing something. In my folder I have three files. nvflash.eve, nvflsh32.sys, and nvflsh64.sys. I am to take these three files and place them on my usb stick? Which file do we have to change the name to? when i run nvflash , it goes to a command prompt, but doesn't allow me to type anything in. it says press enter to continue or q to quit. As soon as i attempt to hit any key , it reloads the screen again. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

After flashing the firmware's to my 780m's , will they basically be performing around the same as the new 880m's now? I doubt they will be runnig ovver 900mhz but i would atleast like it to me close considering they are using the same chips.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone experiencing problems with nvidia driver 337.88?

The last few nvidia drivers have been giving me some issues... But the 337.88 has been mostly good to me.

If I flash my vbios stock voltage, and do not overclock. Is there any chance of bricking my card?

Guys i have some problems.

Trying to flash my vbios for gtx 770m. Got nvflash and the .rom file inside the USB drive when i type dir then type nvflash -a it says that...

This program can not be run in DOS mode.

my .rom file is called nv.rom its from this site the gtx 770m OC edition vbios.

I got the nvflash files inside my USB.

What am i doing wrong ?. Maybe someone can do a youtube video cos this seems really confusing and i have autism which doe snot help at all.

im getting an error on my second card when trying to flash it with the 770m vbios the first one went smooth the second errors and closes the error out before i can see it

- - - Updated - - -

ok im sorry i posted that too soon i used -5 -6 with the second card and it worked fine THANK YOU S7 you will be getting a donation from me!

Trying to flash my vbios for gtx 770m. Got nvflash and the .rom file inside the USB drive when i type dir then type nvflash -a it says that...

This program can not be run in DOS mode.

Make sure you're using the DOS version of nvflash and not the windows version. You'll also have to disable secure boot and enable the legacy boot stuff in order to flash from DOS if I' m not mistaken.

ok im sorry i posted that too soon i used -5 -6 with the second card and it worked fine THANK YOU S7 you will be getting a donation from me!

That's odd, -5 shouldn't be necessary. Can I see the original vbios of that second card?

• Thumbs Up 1

still no luck in running svl7s modded bios on my 880m :( tryed it again today, and still it just crashes the desctop with i unplug it and run on battery, makes the laptop totally useless till you plug it back in and let it recover.

Any advancements on this problem svl7?

cheers

Does anybody have a stock 680m vbios? I flashed my card a while back but it wont allow updating the drivers. I'm stuck on 335.23. Everytime i update drivers my card is no longer recognized after a reboot. I have to revert back to 335.23 to get it recognized. I'm on a Clevo P170EM / Sager NP9170

Any help would be appreciated

Does anybody have a stock 680m vbios? I flashed my card a while back but it wont allow updating the drivers. I'm stuck on 335.23. Everytime i update drivers my card is no longer recognized after a reboot. I have to revert back to 335.23 to get it recognized. I'm on a Clevo P170EM / Sager NP9170

Any help would be appreciated

I have the default BIOS' for my old Sager NP9370 680m's. I will look for them and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an option to flash a vbios in a clevo p150em? I'm not able to flash or save the vbios from my 670mx. I have tested GPU-Z, nvflash (Win and Dos Version), but nvflash isn't able to get access to the vbios. Even the command:

nvflash --list, or nvflash -a causes a crash and make DOS does not react. I think the problem is known, but i cant find a thread about it. So i would be glad for your help.

• 2 weeks later...