What's so great?

Maniel

It's similar to the difference between a ford focus and subaru wrx, they both will get you to work, but one is much better in every way.

I've owned many toshiba notebooks (currently I have a satellite P750), they are fine, but when you need real power you will find they can't keep up.

Also you have very little access to most components unless you take the notebook apart completely. The chassis is usually poor quality, especially in the cheaper consumer models.

Now I'm not saying alienware is the best you can get, but when you pay more you do usually get more.

Let's see:

Toshibas are shoddy build quality, look extremely gaudy, offer terrible customer support.

Alienware is top of the line build quality (magnesium chassis), has amazing customer support.

There you go.

And I take offense to the car analogy. Subaru's suck. The new Ford Focus is an amazing car who's head gaskets won't begin leaking after 70k miles. Oh, and AWD is a waste of money and gas mileage.

This isn't a bash or anything. I just purchased a new laptop the other day (a really nice Toshiba Satellite) for around $750. It plays everything I can throw at it (highest settings) thus far, so what would be the benefit of using an Alienware laptop when I can pay so much less and get pretty much the same amount? Just curious is all.

You'd need to run benchmarks to compare the two systems to see that they're not in the same league. The toshiba may be just what you need, but for higher end games it probably wouldn't float it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Everyone has their own preferences on how they want their notebooks/laptops to be . I always go for the great design , look of the laptop and how it feels . I prefer the MXX series to its design but the new alienwares have also improved alot than their predecessors . Based on Hardware , LCD , batteries etc .

• 2 weeks later...
Please attempt to run Crysis 3.

Warning, you do this at your own risk and I am not responsible if your laptop bursts into flames.

You're joking, right? I played the entirety of Crysis 3 on my Alienware M17x R4 notebook. It was perfectly cooled by itself, yet I had with me my trusty Notepal U3 Cooler. Aside from the Ceph, nobody burst into flames :D

You're joking, right? I played the entirety of Crysis 3 on my Alienware M17x R4 notebook. It was perfectly cooled by itself, yet I had with me my trusty Notepal U3 Cooler. Aside from the Ceph, nobody burst into flames :D

I was obviously referring to the toshiba sattelite that the OP mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 1