N43SM BIOS Unlock/voltage increase request

Mobius 1

Just a request to help boost this laptop's performance and squeeze every bit of power out of it.

The laptop is an N43SM (SM version) from ASUS's N43 lineup

Core i 2nd gen (PGA socket)

HM 65 Chipset

2x DDR3 slot, 8GB max (2x4G)

1x HDD slot (sata 2 limitation?)

nVidia GT 630M (540M) 2GB DDR3 / Intel HD 2000 or 3000

I think I can find the v211 BIOS from the ASUS website, but if you can't download it, let me know and I'll upload it for you (to mediafire)

Some of the features that I hope can be unlocked

-GT 630M voltage (3D) increase to 1v (from 0.98v)

-Memory overclocking / XMP support (correct me if HM 65 does not support XMP)

-SATA 3 capabilities (actually, idk if the N43 allows for an SSD to use SATA 3 speeds or not, so I'm guessing)

-CPU power limit adjustment/turbo ratio (during full load)

-Fanspeed adjustment (kick in fans earlier/custom fan tables)

-TURN OFF EIST (i5 2450M throttles at and beyond 90c)

Aside from the BIOS, I can upload a Read/Write BIOS editor analysis file if it's needed.

Thanks in advance!

Lol, so you have the time to write us a laundry list of what you want, but you can't even give us a link to the download from the ASUS website? Geez, talk about demanding. -.-

Yes your BIOS is unlockable. No, an unlocked BIOS cannot guarantee all of your desires, but some can be fulfilled.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's part of the bios... see the attached file.

Anyway, I just realized that it might not be possible to flash the modified bios, at least I haven't been able to flash any modified bios on my asus ux21a, no matter what tool I use I always got some kind of error.

630m_vbios.zip

Okay, I tried AMIBCP and I have found what seems to be a hidden option. But I don't know how to make it appear in the BIOS and let the user set the submenus.

Here is some screenshots that might unlock EIST and Memory (DIMM) frequency

209chdimm.jpg

209dimm.jpg

209eist.jpg

209gt.jpg

Last one might be the Intel HD 3000 overclocking section

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to do so, but I can't get the chipset (BLCK OC and DIMM freq) to show up.

Tried both the SM and SL version and still no. But I did manage to unhide some of the CPU options. I need your help to unlock the chipset and raise the voltage.

This is the N43SL v414

N43SLAS.414.rom

This is the N43SM v212 with the intel ME firmware update

N43SMAS.211

Both is supposively unlocked but I can't get to the "chipset -> memory config" and "advanced -> enabled" (DIV-2S BLCK control) and the volt for the 540M (SL) and 630M (SM) it still at 0.98v

Thanks in advance!