[Guide] M15x with Nvidia GTX 660m

svl7

Hi i have the m15x and the blue gtx 660m i have installed it and it doesnt recognize it at all. I got the 347.52 official drivers and looked up the modded inf. I then copied into the nv_dispi like instructed. I then start up the drivers from the folder and then it starts to install screen flashes 2 times and then it goes straight to failure. It only installed the audio part of the driver and all else failed/not installed in the list. If you could please help me find where i went wrong or what i am missing i would greatly appreciate it, i have scoured the net for solutions and have found NONE (less im blind lol) I really hope that this 200$ card is useless to me :/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...

Hey there. I own an Alienware M15x. 8 gb Ram, 150 watts adapter, core i7 720, ssd and the gtx260m. I just got the 660m 2gb from China, a Dell one. I am completely stucked in here. I've read a lot of forums regarding the installation and the mod.inf infos. I haven't been able. When i first put it it completely turned off my laptop several times then i disassemble it and then it worked. Id doesn't recognize the card and when i try to install de drivers it always givesme an error. Can you help me please?

• 8 months later...

Hi I am having some issue with a new 660m install, the Display port is not working on my system. The install went fine and it started up fine. I downloaded and installed the drivers from the eurocom site and that went fine as well. My system is now detecting that it is a Nvidia 660m but the DP is not working... Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS, I am new to this site and I am unable to download the files yet

• 4 years later...

hi, i´ve fixed an gt 660m 2gb version ,it was taken from an Dell Alienware M17x R3 ,and it only beeps 2 times ,acording too google is "no gpu" error , this bios file ,will helpç, my p170sm ,using the card normally ? 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

A 2-beep code is No RAM Detected.

A 6-beep code is a faulty GPU and and 8-beep code can also relate to a GPU fault in machines fitted with the 120Hz 3D display (M17x R3, R4 and 17 R1)

On 1/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, MattyB said:

A 2-beep code is No RAM Detected.

A 6-beep code is a faulty GPU and and 8-beep code can also relate to a GPU fault in machines fitted with the 120Hz 3D display (M17x R3, R4 and 17 R1)

So my ram have problem ?

thanks 

Edited by lima-PT

• 2 months later...