Lets enable overclocking on all 6 and 7 series laptops

@donovan6000

try replacing this file at the fptw /fptw64 executable folder and try again, make a backup of your previous file anyway.

this may let you detect your device and flash/read it :)

you will need an unlocked or bypassed descriptor anyway if you want to be able to flash anything at the ME section ^^

btw, did you tested those versions?

CPT_1.5M_7.1.20.1119.rar

ME(1.5M_8.1.10.1286).rar

fparts.txt

Any chance of getting this to work on a series 5 HP laptop with an i7 740qm?

The ME tools linked in the first post don't work on 5 series, but I managed to find an older version of them (6.0.0.1184) that work for this series. However when trying to use fptw I get an error about not having any supported SPI flash devices. I assume that the tools I found aren't up to date enough to recognize the type of ROM that my laptop utilizes.

It'd be cool if someone could post a newer version of the ME firmware tools that supports series 5.

The file fparts.txt has documentation on how fpt is supposed to handle different flash chips. You may be able to look up your device and add it to the fparts file.

Also the 5 series chipset does not have the clock generator integrated with the chipset like 6 and 7 series, so you will not be able to overclock with this method. You might get other useful options though. To overclock you will need to look up the clock generator on your motherboard and hope it is overclockable.

Could you please upload the ME 6 tools that you found and the corresponding documentation if you have it?

@kasar Thanks. Turns out my computer uses W25X32BV ROM and the fparts you provided has support that chip. Starting up my computer with windows+left_key+right_key allowed me to bypass the descriptor. Managed to dump my entire bios :)

The other ME tool versions both gave errors similar to: Intel chipset 5 series detected. Unsupported platform.

@Khenglish I rely on my computer too much for school to be messing around with the motherboard. Can't afford to break it right now.

Lol the tools I found were leaked my Acer. Here they are (I replaced fparts.txt in both windows and dos fptw with kasar's. The original didn't have anything new compared to his)

ME 6.0.0.1184.rar

Could one of you take a look at my ME region and see if there's anything worth changing? It doesn't even resemble the ones linked on the first post.

ME Region.zip

• Thumbs Up 2

@kasar Thanks. Turns out my computer uses W25X32BV ROM and the fparts you provided has support that chip. Starting up my computer with windows+left_key+right_key allowed me to bypass the descriptor. Managed to dump my entire bios :)

The other ME tool versions both gave errors similar to: Intel chipset 5 series detected. Unsupported platform.

@Khenglish I rely on my computer too much for school to be messing around with the motherboard. Can't afford to break it right now.

Lol the tools I found were leaked my Acer. Here they are (I replaced fparts.txt in both windows and dos fptw with kasar's. The original didn't have anything new compared to his)

ME 6.0.0.1184.rar

Could one of you take a look at my ME region and see if there's anything worth changing? It doesn't even resemble the ones linked on the first post.

The only thing I am aware of is very minor power saving settings, and if you use an eGPU on x2 or x4 you can use FITC to permanently set x2 or x4.

It's been a long time I checked this but didn't write. I dumped my ME and found that according to this guide (TNX khenglish) my ME lets me to change FSB. BUT I still can't.

If you want I can upload my dump.

Also, If anyone knows why would we need drivers for ME Interface? What doest it give?

Here is pure driver for manual update through Device manager. It was in that archive in the first post but I decided to tell if someone don't know.

Intel ME 8.1.10.1275 July 2012.zip

It's been a long time I checked this but didn't write. I dumped my ME and found that according to this guide (TNX khenglish) my ME lets me to change FSB. BUT I still can't.

If you want I can upload my dump.

Also, If anyone knows why would we need drivers for ME Interface? What doest it give?

Here is pure driver for manual update through Device manager. It was in that archive in the first post but I decided to tell if someone don't know.

[ATTACH]7292[/ATTACH]

Installing XTU should also install the necessary drivers for changing BCLK. Upload your ME FW dump for me to take a look.

@Khenglish in your ME file under ICC Registers -> PI12BiasParms yours shows 0x00000888, whereas mine shows 0x08880888 - I understand the rest of the changes you made in your .bin file but I'm not sure what this is about. I have a P170EM myself.

My ME build version is 1248.

edit: I'm also using the latest Prema BIOS, if that's any help. I noticed in the regular Clevo BIOS versions that they show 0x08880888 for the same section.

@Khenglish in your ME file under ICC Registers -> PI12BiasParms yours shows 0x00000888, whereas mine shows 0x08880888 - I understand the rest of the changes you made in your .bin file but I'm not sure what this is about. I have a P170EM myself.

My ME build version is 1248.

edit: I'm also using the latest Prema BIOS, if that's any help. I noticed in the regular Clevo BIOS versions that they show 0x08880888 for the same section.

The intel doc I got doesn't say why to change it, but it does recommend setting it to 0x00000888 from default, so I did. I wish I knew why. It would be great if intel explained their changes better so that maybe we could try some settings that intel hasn't already suggested. Ex. SATA is not overclocked, and even sata 3.0 holds back many SSDs. I see how to overclock the SATA, but Intel doesn't say why they don't overclock it, so I am afraid of trying it.

• Thumbs Up 2

butt.bin

Attached is my ME bin file - I think everything checks out. I don't see any BCLK options in XTU - I uninstalled the version I had already (4.0) and reinstalled but nothing. I tried the older version (3.something) but that didn't show anything either. I have a i7-3820QM but don't think this matters, as it was successful on a non-XM before in this thread.

the BCLK should appear as reference clock in XTU

when my laptop was locked, the slider were already unlocked, however the values were locked, I was just able to move from 98 to 100, nothing over 100, but after unlocking the ME firmware, it worked fine ^^

ocerclock.jpg

I think everything checks out. I don't see any BCLK options in XTU - I uninstalled the version I had already (4.0) and reinstalled but nothing.

That's not surprising, XTU needs bios support, it's not just ME settings. XTU requires the bios to provide a very strictly specified interface in order to work properly.

EDIT: I see you have a P170EM, so forget what I said, it should work.

the BCLK should appear as reference clock in XTU

when my laptop was locked, the slider were already unlocked, however the values were locked, I was just able to move from 98 to 100, nothing over 100, but after unlocking the ME firmware, it worked fine ^^

ocerclock.jpg

Interesting that you could already move the slider. Before the mod my BCLK slider was greyed out.

@cr0bar

I just checked your dump and you forgot to edit the clock range definition section. The clocks have the wrong flags so that XTU cannot see them.

Asus g75vx, I am unable to dump ME... Error 26.

Asus should not require unlock?

What is error 26? The ASUS dumps I have seen have unrestricted flash image access. A common error besides lack of privileges is that FTC does not have data on your flash ROM.

@cr0bar

I just checked your dump and you forgot to edit the clock range definition section. The clocks have the wrong flags so that XTU cannot see them.

I changed those values as well and flashed it but still no success in XTU after uninstalling and reinstalling which is a bit strange. Tried the older version of it too. Which BIOS are you using - the regular Clevo one?

Here's my modified file again just to be sure: outimage.bin

I changed those values as well and flashed it but still no success in XTU after uninstalling and reinstalling which is a bit strange. Tried the older version of it too. Which BIOS are you using - the regular Clevo one?

Here's my modified file again just to be sure: outimage.bin

The BCLK mod worked with both stock BIOS and prema's BIOS. Is the slider visible? Sometimes XTU decides not t show it at all for me. Have you tried the reset to defaults option in the BIOS? I know for some things I needed to do that. Not sure about ME FW though since I haven't flashed it much.

I tried uninstalling XTU and resetting BIOS defaults, and on reinstalling XTU it's still the same as before. Not sure what else to try, besides trying a different revision of the ME.

Screenshot of XTU:

http://i.imgur.com/BjFOYT4.png

Weird. Sometimes after playing around with my ME FW the BCLK slider goes away like it did for you. XTU reinstalls usually fix it though. On a non-modded ME FW it will show the BCLK slider, but it will be greyed out.

Maybe try installing the ME driver from intel's site? I thought an XTU install would handle that though.

Nope. It is greyed out. I tried couple different versions of XTU (3 latest).
That's not surprising, XTU needs bios support, it's not just ME settings. XTU requires the bios to provide a very strictly specified interface in order to work properly...

I checked and your BIOS has no XTU support James...:62: