Adding Trim to SSD Raid 0

TBoneSan

Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone could take a little time to help me out.

I recently set up 2 x 256 SSD's in a RAID 0 configuration.

I'm keen on keeping them as healthy as possible and understand trimming is the best thing for this.

From what I've gathered on some of the forums, svl7's bios flash is the bomb (kudos).

So the part where I need help is:

I am frightened of bricking my warez and I am a hardcore flashing noob.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of a kind of flashing for dumbies guide for the m18x r2 ?

or perhaps detail some of the finer points in going about this so I can start seeing some trimming action without turning my beast into a oversized paperweight?

That is correct. It flashes on the R1 without a problem and has the correct OROM showing. You can create a RAID membership and everything seems fine util you get past the POST. For some reasons the drives cannot be written to with the new OROM. John and I both tried and encountered the same problem.