GTX 6XX Series GPU's

Adam Howell

• 3 weeks later...
Me too! :D

Ah, btw... the 660m does definitely work fine. Some mods are necessary, but it works, see here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4830[/ATTACH]

I wish i could load this picture... says my account isn't capable though. I am very excited to see the 680 results! svl7's sig on notebook review shows the 680m was a success!!!! Please fill us in soon svl7!!!

I wish i could load this picture... says my account isn't capable though. I am very excited to see the 680 results! svl7's sig on notebook review shows the 680m was a success!!!! Please fill us in soon svl7!!!

I am also waiting to see the results of 680m in M15x. If you get just 3posts more totaling 5 you should be able to access the pic no prob. Just be sure they are helpful posts or questions to get there. :) welcome to Tech Inferno loafer987

• 2 weeks later...
Me too! :D

Ah, btw... the 660m does definitely work fine. Some mods are necessary, but it works, see here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4830[/ATTACH]

Just wondering what mods where needed? I was able to get the 660m installed on my m15x but displayport/internal monitor will not work currently. External monitor works awesome and I am very happy with the card, but I would kind of like to have my laptop monitor back lol.

Sorry to post again so soon, but I get kind of ADD about this stuff when it's not working....

would either of these links you have up Downloads or Downloads work on the

Eurocom 660m? NVIDIA GTX 660M (Kepler); 1.0GB DDR5; MXM 3.0b Module - Upgrade Kit | eBay

Actually looks like just created a new "item" for the m15x on their ebay store but the directions there say nothing about vbios update.

Thanks again

• Founder
Just wondering what mods where needed? I was able to get the 660m installed on my m15x but displayport/internal monitor will not work currently. External monitor works awesome and I am very happy with the card, but I would kind of like to have my laptop monitor back lol.

@svl7 is away till next week.. Just so you know why the delayed answer

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey svl7, can you please be more specific about the whole Flashing process for the VBIOS, since I'm new and under 5 posts I can't do much including looking at photo attachment. Thanks man! Stucked with a nerfed GTX 660M atm +.+ Can only see stuff from VGA, Eurocom card :(

You're an elite member, you shouldn't have problem attaching anything or viewing attachements. If you are using an M15x, then use the vbios which I posted inthe 660m & M15x upgrade thread. Flash with nvflash -6 vbiosname.rom and ignore the warnings.

Detailed flashing instructions can be found in the Nvidia VBIOS flashing thread.

• 2 months later...
You're an elite member, you shouldn't have problem attaching anything or viewing attachements. If you are using an M15x, then use the vbios which I posted inthe 660m & M15x upgrade thread. Flash with nvflash -6 vbiosname.rom and ignore the warnings.

Detailed flashing instructions can be found in the Nvidia VBIOS flashing thread.

svl7, did you ever get a chance to try a 680m?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum, so I'm still looking through to get some info...

I have also upgraded my card to a GTX660m from Eurocom. Getting the same problem as everyone else seems to get where the laptop screen is not working, only analogue VGA output seems to work.

I have contacted Eurocom about this, but I am still waiting for a reply.

Just wondering if there is an overclock-able version of the vbios?

I am yet to reach the 5 posts needed to download it, but if you can point me in the right direction that would be great!

• 2 months later...

I got the 670mx today and installed it. It won't take any drivers I throw at it. The install keeps failing or says there is no supported adapter in the system. I got the card from upgrademonkey. What do I need to do to it? GPUz is blank for some reason.