m14x R1 with SSD resuming from sleep causes reboot

no not really never noticed on my r1, what bios version are u running if I may ask? Because I believe people had problems like this with the a06 and a07. Or it might just be a program thats malfunctioning on ur system. whats hooked up to ur pc usb slots, since this may also cause problem when booting.

no not really never noticed on my r1, what bios version are u running if I may ask? Because I believe people had problems like this with the a06 and a07. Or it might just be a program thats malfunctioning on ur system. whats hooked up to ur pc usb slots, since this may also cause problem when booting.

I am running A08 .. Still looking for the right AHCI.. did a vanilla installation, problem still there :(

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, I forget to say, I use consair force GT 120GB, A08 on R1, secondary disc is the sansum 750GB 7200rpm (comes with alienware). I also find that when wakeup without plug in within 10 minutes of sleep, only use the battery, the problem is not seen.

This fixed sleep resume to black screen issue on a few windows 7 systems ive owned. It may or may not help but it an option to try. Go to power options > advanced options > sleep > set sleep mode to "hybrid" and see if you restart and start up that when you put system to sleep and resume if issue still occurs.

Oh well sorry it didn't help. If someone works with you from there you may get this resolved since atleast its resuming instead of shutdown. What if you turn off some hard drive power saving options in the bios? As well as hd power saving options in power options of windows?

as I understood: if you use the A08 official, this is ok to use latest official Intel driver for Sata Ahci but you're fixed to max at sata2, but if you use the A08 Sata mod for better speed, use the microsoft built-in driver because this doesn't limit to sata2 speed, this is sata3 workaround

• 2 weeks later...
Oh well sorry it didn't help. If someone works with you from there you may get this resolved since atleast its resuming instead of shutdown. What if you turn off some hard drive power saving options in the bios? As well as hd power saving options in power options of windows?

Great news! I re-installed windows 7 ultimate, and the problem is GONE!!!!, Thanks~~

If someone else has the same problem, try other version of windows!

• Thumbs Up 1