"I think I already said in another forum, more okay! "

----

"I think I already said in another forum, more okay! "

----

Very good! excellent!

I have a doubt, the race was in games with GPU 1200MHz?

good, with a comparison I did here in the same games. with the same configurations of graph, I get about 20% less compared Overclock GTX660m.

has more or less a difference of 6 -7 FPS.

From my point of view, then, still not worth the investment to get the GTX660m.

More'm very happy because one of the best laptops from ASUS supports an Upgrade.

Long life to the G73!

I hope from now Get the GTX670m few months, this case will offset the investment.

Here in Brazil it will be very expensive! more worth it

Hi there, im new here and im looking to see if i can upgrade my G73SW VGA card too, is it possible? i only see people talking about jh jw but i never bumped in a thread talking about upgrading SW vga!!

If there`s is any way please can you guys help me because, i lovev my SW im with this baby for almost 2 years and its getting outdatted!!

Thanks guys.

That's the one with the 460m and Sandy Bridge, right? GPU not soldered on?

660m might work, but I can't guarantee it.

yeah thats the one... the problem is i really dont want to mes up my system... and waste money to test it and in the end this dont work....

but i dont know anyone in the web (at the moment) that made this change.

Hi again guys,

There's no one in the forum that tested the g73sw GPU swap??? if i got other gpu`s to test or even another notebook i could do it too.... i looked a lot and found some evidences in chinese forums, but no videos or complete how tutorials, only some pictures so i really don't know if it's possible or not :/

what im thinking if is it possible to change it, and what should i do to work??? bios mod? find an Asus Gtx660m or can be any mxm 3b??

I can go for it and buy it can be ati or nvidia, i just want to upgrade it :/ and give my notebook 1 or 2 more years of good use :P.

And i was thinking into taking out the wireless and put a msata is it possible??? (i just use some usb wifi, cause i just use it for internet)

Well, looking at the track record of Asus your own only chance is a 660m, combined with the vbios which I posted in the JW upgrading thread, but as already mentioned several times, I can't guarantee anything.

What I can guarantee is that the msata upgrade won't work, the connector is the same, but the wiring is different.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Well, looking at the track record of Asus your own only chance is a 660m, combined with the vbios which I posted in the JW upgrading thread, but as already mentioned several times, I can't guarantee anything.

What I can guarantee is that the msata upgrade won't work, the connector is the same, but the wiring is different.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

True, but do you think that the vbios will work for the SW as well?? and its hard to find one gtx660m easy to find the JH heatsink but the 660m >/ even more hard because im from Brazil, and im willing to give it a try... i could do it for the 7970m too but no one ever tried it... no one even thinks about mios mod the SW its sad :/

It's easy to find a 660m, either contact mxm-upgrade (though I don't know whether they ship to Brazil) or check ebay. And again, I don't know whether it works, but I can pretty much guarantee you that a 7970m won't work, and there are reasons for me to believe this. The only thing MXM-conform in the G7x series was / is the connector. The rest it proprietary. The bios misses the required mxm-callbacks and functions and it won't work with any card. The 470m didn't work in the JW for this reason, neither did the 6970m, and the 660m only works with the vbios mentioned above.

Yeah i was thinking that the problem is the SB, cause jh has old I's cpu, also i was thinking about the chipset and so on, about going on tinkering the bios of the g73sw, if i had the tools and skills to save/edit the bios and even if the note doesnt boot, do like we do in PC that is using a piece of hardware that rewrites the bios... sad... can't believe that i will have to sell my notebook :/

I would love to do this. i currently have the g53jw. but only with the 740qm. both cpu and gpu are starting to show its age. would love to be able to oc the cpu as opposed to turbo boost and my 460m doesnt like to clock higher than 750 core without crashing.

would love to do this 660m upgrade but unfortunately i live on the road for work and just dont have the tools to make this happen

its looking like my only option is to upgrade around February when the new processors come out.

I'm glad that I found this forum... I think that my GPU in my G73 JW is about to go out. Just yesterday anytime I play a game and the game play starts the screen starts to flash different colors, and for the past few months I've been getting "driver has stopped working" errors. Actually I don't know if its the drivers or the card. Either way I'm think that I might just go ahead and upgrade to the 660. The only problem I have is that I cant find it. I dont see it on MXM's website and a search on Ebay doesn't pull up anyting either.

BTW I'm currently using the 306.97 drivers off of NVidia.com.. Does anybody think that my problems might lie there.