Darksiders 2 / Darksiders Gamepad Fix

Conker

Darksiders 2 / Darksiders Gamepad Fix

Darksiders and its successor Darksiders 2 are both programmed to use the Xbox360 Gamepad, other gamepads aren't recognized or aren't fully functional.:dejection:

But there's a way to get them working :D (I think this would also work with other games that are affected by this issue. I only own Darksiders/Darksiders2, where this occurs, so I can't confirm it.)

Step1:

Download gamepad.zip

gamepad.zip

Unpack the content to your gameinstall directory, e.g. D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders 2

Step2:

Now make sure your gamepad is connected. Open Device Manager and open Human Interface Devices subdirectory.

Rightclick on your gamepad that is listed there and choose properties.

Under Details, click the bar and choose Hardware Ids, now you see VID and PID of your device.

post-1291-14494993517597_thumb.jpg

Step3:

Open x360ce.ini in your gameinstall directory using Notepad++ or any other programm that works.

A few lines down you find VID and PID numbers, correct them if needed with the numbers from step2 and save changes.

post-1291-14494993517801_thumb.jpg

Now you're ready to play, have fun:Banane01:

Here's the procedure, if you want to go with the newest version of Xbox360 Controller Emulator:

Step1:

Download x360ce.exe at the official site and put it into your gameinstall directory, e.g. D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders 2

post-1291-14494993673177_thumb.jpg

Step2:

Run x360ce.exe and let it create all necessary files

post-1291-14494993673689_thumb.jpg

Step3:

Configure your controller with your own specific configuration. Close the configuration application after you're done.

post-1291-14494993673447_thumb.jpg

Now you're ready to play, have fun:Banane01:

Developer site: Xbox360 Controller Emulator

post-1291-14494993517197_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14494993517361_thumb.jpg

post-1291-1449499351771_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 21

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Why when i clik on "gamepad.zip" i only have:

Shaggy_87, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I confirmed my registration in meil.

Sorry for my english.

Hi,

Why when i clik on "gamepad.zip" i only have:

I confirmed my registration in meil.

Sorry for my english.

read the rules, mate. You have to wait till you got five -->qualified<-- posts. Then you get access to the files.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I have the same problem and try to solve it. My controller is ACME GA-03 (cheap model, but after all it schould be working). Is there any other way of solving this issue with DS2? Thank You!

Look up joy2key its what i use on my legacy type controller. Look it up on a search on internet. It was freeware small app to set any mouse keyboard combo to any function on a controller even all the joysticks on it not just the directionals. Set control in game to mouse keyboard and map out all the buttons in the app and have it started before opening game. Use windows hardware section in control panel to select you controller and check what buttons in its properties correspond with which buttons on the controller. If you get to properties you can hit a button on controller and it highlights what button number it corresponds to then adjust that one in Joy2key to what you want in game. Hope that helps if you cant find it let me know ill upload it.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
im unable to download it...huhuhu any other alternative way?

everything seems to work nicely please click the link to download [Logitech Gaming Software then click the bookmark Downloading the left select the version of the operating system and below to choose whether it is 32 or 64 bit then click Download and save the file .. whether it is now simple and easy to understand? [[ [

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hummmm .... not working.

I tired both methods and nothing is working.

I got a thrustmaster dual trigger 3 in 1 (no rumble Force). Even after using the 2 methods and using my gamepad profil from x360ce.exe (the latest version) it's not working. I'm also trying with differents gamepad profils ... still nothing ...

I got nothing else connected to my pc (a.k.a avoiding the famous USB conflict with another gamepad) ... nada ...

There is no drivers for my dual trigger (no cd in the original box and none at Thrustmaster | Gaming Headset Steering Wheel PS3 PS4 Xbox One Xbox 360 PC & Controllers) BUT I installed the drivers originaly for the rumble force version, the thrustmaster control panel dectects perfectly my gamepad ... nada (still using x360ce).

Any ideas ?

EDIT : on my computer the combo [x360ce + my gamepad] is perfectly working on recent games like "Castlevania: lords of shadow 1/mirror of fate/2" ... just saying ...

EDIT 2 : when I say NOTHING I don't mean the gamepad is not working at all, the button are all mesed up, can't look up/down etc ...

• 1 month later...
Hi, I have the same problem and try to solve it. My controller is ACME GA-03 (cheap model, but after all it schould be working). Is there any other way of solving this issue with DS2? Thank You!

just trina get 5 posts

• 3 weeks later...
  • Brian unpinned this topic