Hello !

I recently changed my video card GTX 675 to GTX 880 and my problem is the bios don't detected the new card and windows neither. But when i analyse my computer by ma-config.com, i found my card >>post-28269-14494997978399_thumb.png

All old driver nvidia was deleted with windows and DriverCleaner Pro. Nothing was installed... And my GTX 880 always doesn't detected... The Fan of GPU/CPU running... And i running actualy with Graphique Card VGA standard.

My Question is : Do you think if i install a BIOS A11 unlock and choose PCI/AGP chipset, i detected it ? Or any other solution with my problem ?

Please, help! Thank you very much!

P.S. I am French, sorry for my poor english...

• 2 weeks later...

@Suntor

This has requested many times, but the consensus seems to be that, on account of no new features of note having apparently been introduced in A12 or A13, the answer is no.

@svl7

Sorry to ask twice, but I didn't find an answer in any of the pages of this thread before or after last September (when I last mentioned it): is there a way to expose and control the AC adapter’s authentication handshake? Would this be possible using either the current A11 modified BIOS, or maybe with some (guided) modifications to it? I would do this myself if I knew what to look for, and would of course be able to test the changes to whatever BIOS was necessary.

I'm on my second 240W AC adapter from Dell, and it recently quit working just like the last one did. I'm a few months out of warranty at this point though, which means having to pay about $65 USD to buy a third 240W, which is just as liable stop functioning properly in the same manner.

I’ve used both Flextronics and Delta adapters, with two different motherboards, but still inevitably have the same issue. The BIOS no longer recognize it as a 240W adapter, and as such refuses to either charge the battery or run the CPU and GPU at full clocks.

The problem seems to lie in a failure of a parasitically powered ID chip in the adapter itself (which is delivered by the middle pin visible when looking down the plug).

I don’t know if the authentication is too much of a hardware-level thing unfortunately, but there is some information about how Dell’s ID chip works with these adapters here:

330 Watt power supply for Alienware M17x » imsolidstate

330W power supply for M17x update » imsolidstate

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/1948-240w-psu-id-chip-330w-psu-2.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20130102101025/http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk/blog/dell-ac-power-adapter-type-cannot-be-determined-solution/

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure, but...

This unlocked BIOS version only for M17x-R4 (2012 Revision of the M17x, Discontinued). Or it also compatible with Alienware 17 (2013 refresh of the M17x, aka M17XR5 Ranger)?

I tried to search thread for "Alienware 17 Unlocked BIOS", but found nothing... only M17x-R4, but nothing for M17x-R5 or "Alienware 17"... (((

I'm not sure, but...

This unlocked BIOS version only for M17x-R4 (2012 Revision of the M17x, Discontinued). Or it also compatible with Alienware 17 (2013 refresh of the M17x, aka M17XR5 Ranger)?

I tried to search thread for "Alienware 17 Unlocked BIOS", but found nothing... only M17x-R4, but nothing for M17x-R5 or "Alienware 17"... (((

There is no unlocked bios for the 17x R5 or the AW 17 as it is called.

(((

Can anybody create one? Alienware 17 R1 (2013 Model, aka M17x-R5) has the same InsydeH20 BIOS. Why not?

It's because of Dell's Secure Boot or something which prevents this.. You need to physically replace the BIOS chip to have an unlocked BIOS.

Hi people, and thanks to svl7 for work. I've just flash my R4 with the A11 V2 and I don't see any change. I don't have all the option as the A5 screenshot. Is it normal?

Did you flash matching stock version first? A11 then A11 unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently at a loss. I was on A12 stock bios, then flashed to A05 using method 1, then flashed to stock A11 and then flashed to unlocked A11 using method 2. I got the Mike@TII bios but I don't have the advanced options and the overclocking is still disabled. Any thoughts guys?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Brian pinned this topic