• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey svl7! hows it going? Right now I'm on A13 BIOS and using Wins 8.1. Is it okay to revert back to A05 like you instructed then go up to A11 and proceed to unlocked A11?

Similar (M18xR2) @svl7

Hey guys, if I flashed the newest A12 bios onto my m18xr2, will it be possible to flash the unlocked A10 onto it again? Thanks in advance.
Yes, totally.

Secure Boot disabled -> From stock A13>Extract stock A11 BIOS w/ 7-Zip, run InsydeFlash.exe (as administrator) then follow the FPT method A11 unlocked.

hey svl7! hows it going? Right now I'm on A13 BIOS and using Wins 8.1. Is it okay to revert back to A05 like you instructed then go up to A11 and proceed to unlocked A11?

All you need to do is flash A11 stock and then use the fpt method to flash A11 unlocked. No need to go to A05.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to get the hidden bios settings that is on A11 I followed the your instructions of how to do it from the usb stick. The problem is it always sends me to windows 98 and nothing happens it just shows me a black screen with C:\\ on it.Is there something I am doing wrong?

I flashed my m17x r4 to the unlocked a10 bios. The reasoning is that I upgraded my screen from the 1200x900 to the 1080 120hrz 3d panel. I was told I needed to change advance video options to PEG. But they was already set to PEG and nvidia control panel is still not showing my screen as stereoscopic. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next? I am at a loss.

- - - Updated - - -

But how do I run the application? Should I just type run prr.exe while on the black screen?

the actuall application is prr2.exe

run that it will tell u ready to flash then run ...flash

hello i am in the dark TT.

i want to fully oc my 3820qm.

i have done everything to unlock my m17x r4 tdp.

i've changed bios from a05 stock and unlocked to a11 unlocked and a13 stock.

installed every version of xtu and TS.

The problem is it looks like tdp is changed in bios, xtu and TS. However cpu never uses more than 55w and then after like 56sec it throttles down to 45w(that is 3.7ghz)

i have disabled msr lock, changed short/long limit to 65(and even higher) and changed timewindow to 56sec(and higher too). But nothing seems to help me.

People say they can run r4 at turbo clock all day and i also have seen one of those screenshot.

For me, it works as if msr lock isn't unlocked.

Please help me.

hello i am in the dark TT.

i want to fully oc my 3820qm.

i have done everything to unlock my m17x r4 tdp.

i've changed bios from a05 stock and unlocked to a11 unlocked and a13 stock.

installed every version of xtu and TS.

The problem is it looks like tdp is changed in bios, xtu and TS. However cpu never uses more than 55w and then after like 56sec it throttles down to 45w(that is 3.7ghz)

i have disabled msr lock, changed short/long limit to 65(and even higher) and changed timewindow to 56sec(and higher too). But nothing seems to help me.

People say they can run r4 at turbo clock all day and i also have seen one of those screenshot.

For me, it works as if msr lock isn't unlocked.

Please help me.

A 3820qm is not an unlocked chip, it will still abide by hardware limits in the CPU as defined by intel. A 3920xm/3940xm or ES chips do not follow the limits

A 3820qm is not an unlocked chip, it will still abide by hardware limits in the CPU as defined by intel. A 3920xm/3940xm or ES chips do not follow the limits

Thanks for your reply.

I thought the clock multiplier lock was the only different thing between QM and XM. I guess i was wrong.

I need to get an XM or ES CPU. Thank. I really appreciate for your answer. (or otherwise I would have wasted my time even more)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Need urgent help here. I am using m17xr4 just bought a gtx780m and replaced. After that I unlock.the bios

I disabled igt. Primary set to peg. And pci set to always enable peg. But when I exit

It restarts and from.there on I can.here entering windows sound but screen is always black. Only way is to reset cmos. But I wanted the gpu to.work. In windows despite nvidia driver installed with molded inf. When.running games it's very very very lag. Any experience user here can shed some.light? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Brian pinned this topic