• 1 month later...

@svl7

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to expose the AC adapter authentication handshake? The ID chip in the 240W adapters doesn't always work perfectly, and so it would be a lot more reliable to just be able to force the motherboard to accept the brick as a Dell 240W explicitly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a silly question that has been addressed, but if I have already flashed to the Dell A12 Bios, can I reflash to the Unlocked A11 bios. I am a little new to the laptop world, but I have been building custom (Water Cooled) desktops for years. Thanks in advance.

I've made it back to the stock A5, now i want to get the unlocked A11 on it but I don't have sufficient rights on the forum to download the files, what do I do?

UPDATE:

It totally worked and saved the day with my new audio-interface that was 'impossible' to work with Dell computers with ivy bridge and usb 3.0 :) Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I'm currently on the official A12 Dell Bios and want to use the A11 unlocked version to disable my Intel graphic card and only use my gtx680m. Now my question is, can I use Method 2 and directly flash the unlocked A11 bios?

Is there something to attend If i disable my Intel Graphic card?

hi,

I'm currently on the official A12 Dell Bios and want to use the A11 unlocked version to disable my Intel graphic card and only use my gtx680m. Now my question is, can I use Method 2 and directly flash the unlocked A11 bios?

Is there something to attend If i disable my Intel Graphic card?

This is something I also wonder, as far as I know, boards with BIOS A10 or newer won't downgrade to an older BIOS, not 100% sure though.

There is nothing more you need to do after disabling the Intel Graphics, your system will automatically choose the GTX680M so no driver worries or anything like that.

Now I've done a huge mistake, i forgot to change Display mode from SG to PEG, instead of I changed it to PCI and now my computer deosen't start and 8 anoying beeps appear. The Trick with the remove of the AC, hold 30secs the powerbutton and then put ac back in and start with FN+Power wont work. Would be nice if someone can help me

-problem solved-

Next problem: windows tells me i got no nvidia graphic card, what can I do to get back my nvidia only without the intel?

This is something I also wonder, as far as I know, boards with BIOS A10 or newer won't downgrade to an older BIOS, not 100% sure though.

There is nothing more you need to do after disabling the Intel Graphics, your system will automatically choose the GTX680M so no driver worries or anything like that.

I downgraded my A12 to A11 and flashed the unlocked A11 with Method 2, I disabled my Intel graphics but it also disabled my gtx680m, my pc start with an other vga adapter. My system tell me I got no nvidia graphic card, there are also no graphic cards in the Device Manager.

I downgraded my A12 to A11 and flashed the unlocked A11 with Method 2, I disabled my Intel graphics but it also disabled my gtx680m, my pc start with an other vga adapter. My system tell me I got no nvidia graphic card, there are also no graphic cards in the Device Manager.

It's not possible that you disabled the IGP and the PEG, else you would have no picture on the screen at all.

You need to set the primary display to PEG (in the video configuration of the advanced menu) and set internal graphic device to disabled (in the internal graphic device menu, which is in the video config menu as well).

If I remember correctly there's an option that says "always enable PEG", enable that one as well.

It's not possible that you disabled the IGP and the PEG, else you would have no picture on the screen at all.

You need to set the primary display to PEG (in the video configuration of the advanced menu) and set internal graphic device to disabled (in the internal graphic device menu, which is in the video config menu as well).

If I remember correctly there's an option that says "always enable PEG", enable that one as well.

Thank your for your answer but it dont work, these are my bios settings:

post-8619-14494996280699_thumb.jpg

My Computer starts and there are in the device manager no nvidia graphic and no intel graphic card, if I rightclick on desktop there is no nvida control panel and the computer tells me there is no nvidia graphic card in my system. Something went wrong, there must be another option that I need to enable to only use my nvidia. Pls help me :grumpy:

post-8619-14494996279531_thumb.jpg

post-8619-14494996280142_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem, all you should need to do is go to Device manager -> Display adapters.

In the drop down menu it should show a generic display adapter, right click on it and select Update Driver Software...

It will look for the drivers on the computer and install them, after that the computer will detect the card.

Post a screenshot of your device manager.

here are the screenshots:

before bios setting change:

post-8619-1449499628207_thumb.png

after change:

post-8619-1449499628136_thumb.png

there are no nvidia or intel gpu, at least an standard vga adapter. there must be an option that I need to enable I think or something else :D

EDIT:

If I rightclick on the Videocontroller(VGA kompatibel) and update driver software, it wont work, no driver software found.

Uninstall your Nvidia drivers (and if you want the Intel HD as well), reboot, change your bios settings and install the Nvidia driver.

it worked, Now I only got the nvidia graphic card in my device manager and I can start programs :D

thank you very much svl7!!! :)

i,m not sure understand you zyron ...you was in a12 original ....downgrade to a11 original and them flash a11 unlocked? right? not necesary first downgrade to a05?

---

ok is true ... no problem to change a12 original to a11 original... no problem flash ok...ufffff. I need flash now a11 original to a11 unlock if i want change my old gtx 675m for gtx 780m. or not really necesary?

• Brian pinned this topic