On 10/27/2021 at 1:27 PM, Klem said:

In this case, you can create bootable USB flash drive with Windows 8.1PE, then boot in Windows 8.1PE from created bootable USB flash drive, then run backup tool and create your bios backup (results.rar).

Hi! I couldn't make the 1070 work with integrated display even with the settings in the unlocked BIOS, so unlucky me hahahaha

But the unlocked BIOS worked perfectly fine for me, so really thank you for all your help Klem, you are amazing! <3

• Bios Modder
1 minute ago, Mismo_YT said:

But the unlocked BIOS worked perfectly fine for me, so really thank you for all your help Klem, you are amazing! <3

Hi!

Ok. Thanks for your feedback.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Happy New Year!!

I know this is an old laptop but I cannot afford a new one.

Do you by any chance have an Alienware M17x R4 unlocked A15 BIOS please?

If not then which toolss/apps would I need to do it myself?

Thanks a lot,

• Bios Modder
13 hours ago, theoldbuggar said:

Hi there. Happy New Year!!

I know this is an old laptop but I cannot afford a new one.

Do you by any chance have an Alienware M17x R4 unlocked A15 BIOS please?

If not then which toolss/apps would I need to do it myself?

Thanks a lot,

Hi! Happy New Year!

You can post here your file backup of bios, or upload it into any fileserver and post the link.

For creating backup of bios use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run utility as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator"). Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Post here this archive "results", or upload it into any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

• 1 month later...

I noticed in some of the screenshots of the unlocked BIOS that there is a menu for peripheral devices. I am currently dealing with an issue where my keyboard does not work in the BIOS, which detailed here:

https://www.alienowners.com/threads/m17x-r4-keyboard-not-working-in-bios.8589/

On 1/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, Klem said:

You can post here your file backup of bios, or upload it into any fileserver and post the link.

For creating backup of bios use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run utility as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator"). Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Post here this archive "results", or upload it into any fileserver and send me the link.

If it isn't too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate having an unlocked A15 BIOS to flash to try to solve my keyboard problem. I downloaded and ran the tool. The results.rar file is available here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tibo7irbasdykgu/results.rar/file

18 hours ago, Allison cunha said:

Hey guys, any chance we have a bios with TPM 2.0 support for M17x R4?

While this is unrelated to the main purpose of my post, I do have to ask, why? Ivy Bridge CPUs are far too old for Windows 11, which is what I am assuming has prompted this question. If so, just get a more recent device or go with Linux.

• Bios Modder
15 minutes ago, Octeract said:

If it isn't too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate having an unlocked A15 BIOS to flash to try to solve my keyboard problem. I downloaded and ran the tool. The results.rar file is available here

Hi! Check your PM.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:39 AM, Octeract said:

While this is unrelated to the main purpose of my post, I do have to ask, why? Ivy Bridge CPUs are far too old for Windows 11, which is what I am assuming has prompted this question. If so, just get a more recent device or go with Linux.

I have a excellent m17x R4 running windows 11 perfectly and i know it runs valorant formidably well. But now it asks for TPM 2.0 to run.
"Just get a more recent device or go with Linux" seems like you're not aware of any money or unix restriction i may face.

Hey @Klem can you tell if unlocked bios has some TPM related functionalities?

• Bios Modder
13 minutes ago, Allison cunha said:

Hey @Klem can you tell if unlocked bios has some TPM related functionalities?

Hi!

I have not m17x R4, therefore I can't tell you about your question.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Klem!

I was wondering if you could unlock my A12 bios for my Alienware m17x R4? I have linked the results.rar file down below.

Also, should I upgrade to a newer bios version and unlock it? is there any difference?

I only ask because Ive managed to put an MSI GTX 1070 inside my rig and it works fine with a locked bios, however i need to disable and enable Adapter Warnings in the bios everytime i boot up the pc, so I think i need to fiddle around with some unlocked settings to make it work properly. I really need an unlocked bios too so I can put my custom fan tables in, hwinfo is a piece of crap and always freezes!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4tfo9w

Thank you!

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, JumboJam3000 said:

Hi @Klem!

I was wondering if you could unlock my A12 bios for my Alienware m17x R4? I have linked the results.rar file down below.

Also, should I upgrade to a newer bios version and unlock it? is there any difference?

I only ask because Ive managed to put an MSI GTX 1070 inside my rig and it works fine with a locked bios, however i need to disable and enable Adapter Warnings in the bios everytime i boot up the pc, so I think i need to fiddle around with some unlocked settings to make it work properly. I really need an unlocked bios too so I can put my custom fan tables in, hwinfo is a piece of crap and always freezes!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4tfo9w

Thank you!

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
27 minutes ago, Cheesekake said:

Hello,

recently I own an M17X R4 with the Bios A15 on it. Only I don't know which bios version was on it before, but is there the possibility to unlock the A15?

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 1 month later...

Hello Klem!

My name is Mikogami and I consulted about the upgrade of Alienware M17x R4. After checking the past logs that you told me, I found that the Alienware M17x R4's BIOS needs to be unlocked first.

Currently my Alienware M17x R4 BIOS Ver is A15. Also, I still don't have permission to download files from this site, so some of the files used in the past are not available.

Klem seems to have provided unlocked BIOS to various people in the past, but if you send the file created using the tool on page 30, you can also provide us with unlocked BIOS. Is it?

I don't understand English, so I use automatic translation to create sentences. Please forgive me that English is not good.

• Bios Modder
On 5/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, Mikogami said:

Hello Klem!

My name is Mikogami and I consulted about the upgrade of Alienware M17x R4. After checking the past logs that you told me, I found that the Alienware M17x R4's BIOS needs to be unlocked first.

Currently my Alienware M17x R4 BIOS Ver is A15. Also, I still don't have permission to download files from this site, so some of the files used in the past are not available.

Klem seems to have provided unlocked BIOS to various people in the past, but if you send the file created using the tool on page 30, you can also provide us with unlocked BIOS. Is it?

I don't understand English, so I use automatic translation to create sentences. Please forgive me that English is not good.

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Xav197 said:

Hello

I don't have permission to download files from techinferno and I didn't find the bios A15 unlocked and the tools in other sites

Please @Klem can you unlock the A15 bios for Alienware m17x r4 ?

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 5:31 AM, Klem said:

Hi! Happy New Year!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

Thanks Klem.

Here's that file you requested. I did notice a number of errors flashing up while that program ran so I don't know if that impeded the results for you.

Please let me know if it did & I'll flash the unmodded bios and try again. Thanks.

Regards.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/12q52g

• Bios Modder
56 minutes ago, theoldbuggar said:

Thanks Klem.

Here's that file you requested. I did notice a number of errors flashing up while that program ran so I don't know if that impeded the results for you.

Please let me know if it did & I'll flash the unmodded bios and try again. Thanks.

Regards.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/12q52g

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.