• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
12 hours ago, maneirin said:

i need help to download the file

Hi!

If your laptop it is Alienware M17x R4, then you can find and download unlocked bios from the first post of this thread.

If you for some reason can't download, then read the "User Account Promotion Rules": https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-post

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, but I try to download it and it doesn't give me permissions ..
 I don't know what I should do .. I'm new to this ..
what would be the best bios for my alienware? i am using a11 unlock
 thanks for your quick reply
Edited by maneirin

On 5/13/2020 at 1:29 AM, ma®ximum said:

What  bizzare thing.... Doesn't for me, all other files I get to download no problem but not this one...

8 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

If your laptop it is Alienware M17x R4, then you can find and download unlocked bios from the first post of this thread.

If you for some reason can't download, then read the "User Account Promotion Rules": https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-post

I was able to download the modified alienware bios but not this one..
 one yes and the other no ... thanks

Hey all,

I've been trying to flash a custom bios for a while as my 7970M is dead and windows keeps trying to update it causing PC to crash. I would need to disable the GPU from the bios so the PC only uses the iGPU which works just fine.

However the link for the tools on the first page  are dead.

"Grab the DOS version of fpt for flashing, and my 'prr tool' to circumvent write protection.

Many thanks for the help

Al.

• Bios Modder
53 minutes ago, yaboul said:

Hi!

Try to search tools on page 30:  

Thanks Klem !!!

Managed to flash a modded BIOS which was working fine as it would let me chose to force the IGPU !!!

But then i messed a bit with the settings and was dumb enough to exit while saving... Having both GPU and iGPU disabled...

So now i'm getting a black screen + 8 beeps (LCD failures).

Is it possible to revert to default BIOS settings without actually accessing the BIOS ???

THanks !

• Bios Modder
12 minutes ago, yaboul said:

Thanks Klem !!!

Managed to flash a modded BIOS which was working fine as it would let me chose to force the IGPU !!!

But then i messed a bit with the settings and was dumb enough to exit while saving... Having both GPU and iGPU disabled...

So now i'm getting a black screen + 8 beeps (LCD failures).

Is it possible to revert to default BIOS settings without actually accessing the BIOS ???

THanks !

Yes, sometimes if you set some settings to wrong value, then laptop may be can't start.

In first post of related thread svl7 wrote: 

"... Dell has hidden a lot of options in the BIOS of the Alienware M17x R4, the modified BIOS versions here will show you all the hidden menus and allow you to further tweak your system and optimize its performance.

Don't change anything you're not familiar with. There might be functions available which don't work on your system, so use this BIOS with care. It should only be used by advanced users.

In case you mess up and your system refuses to boot after applying the changes you make, remove the AC adapter, battery and coin cell battery in order to clear the non-volatile ram of the BIOS. This should fix most issues..."

Also, if you will set some settings to wrong value and after this laptop can't start, you can read info from this link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/m17x-r4-bricked-bios-recovery-not-vbios.683080/

hello there so i have a quadro m4000m . its a dell version in my aw 17 r1 ranger ; i know different machine but im merely looking for an unlocked bios for the quadro :) its tdp starved also if this is the wrong place to ask could someone link the forum url :) thank you 

On 8/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, yaboul said:

Hey all,

I've been trying to flash a custom bios for a while as my 7970M is dead and windows keeps trying to update it causing PC to crash. I would need to disable the GPU from the bios so the PC only uses the iGPU which works just fine.

"Grab the DOS version of fpt for flashing, and my 'prr tool' to circumvent write protection."

Many thanks for the help

Al.

Just physically pull the bad card from the laptop and it will automatically run on the iGFX

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/14/2021 at 6:16 PM, theoldbuggar said:

Hey Klem.

Can you please  fully unlock this Alienware M17XR4 A15 BIOS with particular attention to any overclocking options as well as TPM settings if available??

Thanks mate.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qach9j

Any chance you can do this one for me please?

Thanks.

• Bios Modder
On 7/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, theoldbuggar said:

BIOS with particular attention to any overclocking options as well as TPM settings if available??

Hi!

In hidden advanced menu of this bios, I did not find such settings like TPM or Intel PTT.

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Guardian241 said:

@Klem Hi, mate.

Could you unlock my bios for me? I used the tool you wrote about in other posts and here's the link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pccdc3

Many thanks.

- M

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 5:26 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hi Klem, I want to disable the integrated graphics card Intel HD Graphics from the A12 BIOS of my Alienware M17x R4 allowing only the Nvidia one for my Hackintosh, can you please unlock all the BIOS features? the links to the needed tools for reflashing the modded BIOS are missing so I will really appreciate your help, I also have a CH341A device for flashing the file directly to the chip in case you want to provide the full 16MB BIOS file or an updated version file such as the A15, I recovered the chip with this method in the past but a USB option will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzfr4oa27ydev4p/results.rar/file

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Osuka said:

Hi Klem, I want to disable the integrated graphics card Intel HD Graphics from the A12 BIOS of my Alienware M17x R4 allowing only the Nvidia one for my Hackintosh, can you please unlock all the BIOS features? the links to the needed tools for reflashing the modded BIOS are missing so I will really appreciate your help, I also have a CH341A device for flashing the file directly to the chip in case you want to provide the full 16MB BIOS file or an updated version file such as the A15, I recovered the chip with this method in the past but a USB option will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzfr4oa27ydev4p/results.rar/file

Hi!

On 10/21/2021 at 7:54 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Hi Klem. I'm pretty noob at this, so I'll need some advises to make it right, it would be very nice of you if you can help me :)
I have an M17X R4 with A12 BIOS, i7 3940XM and a GTX 980M, all works fine. I recently got a Zotac GTX 1070 mobile card, so I changed it, but the laptop's display doesn't work, only external monitors. 
I read in some forum that I need an unlocked BIOS to force it to use the integrated display, is that correct?

How can I do the backup of my BIOS to send it to you and unlock it? And how can I install it? I use Manjaro as unique OS. 

Thank you very much for the help. 

Edited by Mismo_YT

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Mismo_YT said:

Hi Klem. I'm pretty noob at this, so I'll need some advises to make it right, it would be very nice of you if you can help me :)
I have an M17X R4 with A12 BIOS, i7 3940XM and a GTX 980M, all works fine. I recently got a Zotac GTX 1070 mobile card, so I changed it, but the laptop's display doesn't work, only external monitors. 
I read in some forum that I need an unlocked BIOS to force it to use the integrated display, is that correct?

How can I do the backup of my BIOS to send it to you and unlock it? And how can I install it? I use Manjaro as unique OS. 

Thank you very much for the help. 

Hi!

I think in your case, to use GTX 1070 mobile card, you need 17.3" 1080p 120hz 3D display installed in your laptop. Read this thread:  http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-m17x-r4-gtx1070-mxm-successful-upgrade.825475/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Klem said:

Hi!

I think in your case, to use GTX 1070 mobile card, you need 17.3" 1080p 120hz 3D display installed in your laptop. Read this thread:  http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-m17x-r4-gtx1070-mxm-successful-upgrade.825475/

I have the 120hz 3D display installed and working

• Bios Modder

How can I do the backup of my BIOS to send it to you and unlock it?

For creating backup of bios you can use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the backup tool as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator").  Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder

I use Manjaro as unique OS. 

In this case, you can create bootable USB flash drive with Windows 8.1PE, then boot in Windows 8.1PE from created bootable USB flash drive, then run backup tool and create your bios backup (results.rar).

• Thumbs Up 1