That doesn't happen.... wonder what is wrong with my M17xr4?    It clearly recognizes the 970m in device manager.   And then i installed a 6 month old or so driver with the modded inf for the 970m.....   but I can't solely use discrete graphics, and as a result I'm forced to use cpu graphics possibly for everything.       

10 minutes ago, ServusFidelis said:

That doesn't happen.... wonder what is wrong with my M17xr4?    It clearly recognizes the 970m in device manager.   And then i installed a 6 month old or so driver with the modded inf for the 970m.....   but I can't solely use discrete graphics, and as a result I'm forced to use cpu graphics possibly for everything.       

I may have found the problem... you have to download Dell's   ON SCREEN DISPLAY driver.      I just restarted so we'll see if it works.    

give me a Minute to have a look

edit: i had the same, power on the next day and everything was fine without doing something

edit 2: so you can try to power off and power on , not restart, i have no idea what happened and why it works the the day

Edited by Zoldago

8 minutes ago, Zoldago said:

edit: i had the same, power on the next day and everything was fine without doing something

You have been a big help Zoldago.... thanks for that.

So maybe mine will do what yours did and fix itself when i turn it off and turn it on again. :)

36 minutes ago, Zoldago said:

edit 2: so you can try to power off and power on , not restart, i have no idea what happened and why it works the the day

Commander Zoldago!  Reporting in sir!   apparently your orders worked.   I shut it down, and turned it back on.   Now the sound works again and the games play very nicely!

Edited by ServusFidelis

4 hours ago, sebasdess said:

Will I be able to totally "turn off" my integrated videocard and only using 100% of the time my dedicated graphic card with this unlocked bios?

You can switch off your internal by hitting Fn+F7 (OSD has to be installed), reboot and install nvidia driver again.

• Founder
47 minutes ago, sebasdess said:

I get the following message:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

How do I download the bios firmware here?

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotions-please-read/

On 3/29/2016 at 6:23 PM, Jimma said:

Are there any plans to release a modded A12 or A13 BIOS? Does anyone know of a tutorial or some good information on how to create your own modded BIOS file from an existing locked BIOS file?

@Swick1981 did some crazy good BIOS mods for the M18xR2 and added Legacy BIOS support for Maxwell. He may want more help with testing with the M17xR4 mods. @J95 and @Solo wing are helping with the testing. Both of them have 120Hz screens, so a tester with 60Hz could be valuable. They are working on getting Legacy BIOS support for the M17xR4 so you don't have to worry about the 8-beep nonsense and can use Windows 7 if you want to. 

I asked him to reach out to @Brian about starting a new thread here @ T|I like this one:  Alienware M18xR2 New/Updated BIOS Mods - NOW WITH MAXWELL LEGACY SUPPORT - Testers Needed

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Folks, 

i've got the 8-beep-problem with my GTX 970M in a M17x R4. I think i tried all with uefi but no solution. Actually my BIOS Version is A13 and think about to install the unlocked A11. May could this be the solution for my problem?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pudge said:

I cant start my pc!!!!

who can help me !!:question:

why i cant download ???????????????

M17x_R4_BIOS_A10_-_[unlocked].zip

[FPT]-M17x_R4_BIOS_A11_-_[unlocked]V2.zip

[FPT] M17x R4 - BIOS A10 [unlocked].zip

Sorry to hear that. This kind of thing is always very stressful.

If you need help, please provide more detail about what "can't start my pc" actually means and what brought you to the point you are at now. Without more information, it is impossible to know what to suggest.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:49 PM, Chief1504Justice said:

Hey Folks, 

i've got the 8-beep-problem with my GTX 970M in a M17x R4. I think i tried all with uefi but no solution. Actually my BIOS Version is A13 and think about to install the unlocked A11. May could this be the solution for my problem?

What triggered it? Was it sudden and unexpected? Do you have 60Hz or 120Hz? If 60Hz does removing the GPU allow it to boot from IGFX?

Why i cant download???? I need it badly!!!

Why 

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

Can sm1 help me?