Hi there, I'm still with stock A11. I guess that I just have to flash the unlocked version and everything will be fine, right?

Besides, if in the future I want to upgrade to a stock version, let's say A14 (if it will exist) i have to follow normal procedures like I did from A10 to 11?

Thanks a lot!

you need it to disable the optimus feature. if not gpu won't start

It does not have Intel graphics listed in BIOS, just the nVidia GTX. Have tried at least 10 different drivers and ones with modded INF with no luck.

It does not have Intel graphics listed in BIOS, just the nVidia GTX. Have tried at least 10 different drivers and ones with modded INF with no luck.

as far as i know if u don't disable nvidia optimus there is no chance! That was what i studied when we changed the GPU on a friend's ali!

From what I've read, you need to downgrade to A05 bios before trying to upgrade with an unlocked bios. So downgrade to A05 and then install the unlocked bios. Otherwise, you risk bricking your laptop

Is it possible to upload a full size A11 unlocked bios please ? It's for unbrick my M17X R4 who hab been flashed with fpt.

It seem that to be recognise by blind flash method, the M17R4.hdr must be identical in size than the original one ( 9675kb in case of A11)

Thanks in advance.

French Fred

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to upload a full size A11 unlocked bios please ? It's for unbrick my M17X R4 who hab been flashed with fpt.

It seem that to be recognise by blind flash method, the M17R4.hdr must be identical in size than the original one ( 9675kb in case of A11)

Thanks in advance.

French Fred

try to remove cmos battery!

- - - Updated - - -

i've found out that u can just flash a11 stock from a13 and it will make u downgrade without any problem, i will flash the modded bios asap

try to remove cmos battery!

- - - Updated - - -

i've found out that u can just flash a11 stock from a13 and it will make u downgrade without any problem, i will flash the modded bios asap

You might want to be careful... This might cause a brick.. It's risky.. I would be prepared to do a blind flash if necessary.. Let us know how it goes though.. I need to try something like this too..

You might want to be careful... This might cause a brick.. It's risky.. I would be prepared to do a blind flash if necessary.. Let us know how it goes though.. I need to try something like this too..

My downgrade was just successful...it was with stock bios and it was just like an upgrade! So I'm with a11 now and everything is okay! I will try to install the modded one when I have time. I've already broke another mobo doing the blind flash thing so I will not risk this other doing blind flash

• Thumbs Up 1

My downgrade was just successful...it was with stock bios and it was just like an upgrade! So I'm with a11 now and everything is okay! I will try to install the modded one when I have time. I've already broke another mobo doing the blind flash thing so I will not risk this other doing blind flash

I meant that if the downgrade had failed you would need to blind flash. So no problems with downgrade at all? I have a A13 BIOS Motherboard myself and want to flash unlocked BIOS so need to downgrade. Let us know how it goes..

I meant that if the downgrade had failed you would need to blind flash. So no problems with downgrade at all? I have a A13 BIOS Motherboard myself and want to flash unlocked BIOS so need to downgrade. Let us know how it goes..

Absolutely no problem! Just use the file from dell. It will downgrade to a11 (I think is beacayse a13 is almost the same) and you can flash with prr in the main post. It's easy and safe as far as I know! If I had tried this before I would have save my other mobo without downgrading to a5. 300€ gone!:/

I had an unlocked bios for a long time, I can't think of much if anything it did for me to even have it/use it. Most the menu's were redundant versions of the menu's and then some stuff you'd never change anyways.

Changing gpu would worth it!

• Brian pinned this topic