• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!Hi i have an alienware m17xr4...I'm new here and i'm waiting for download privilege...i'm now on BIOS a05 unlocked (using method 1) if i want to change to the a11 unlocked, can i install a11 stock and then the unlocked version or do i have to get back to the a05 stock and then a11 stock and after a11 unlocked version?

hi guys i'm new and i want to say thanks to all these guys that are doing this wonderfull job!

i have an alienware m17xr4, i succesfully flash a05 unlocked bios using method 1, if i want to put the unlocked bios a11 do i have to install a11 locked and then flash the a11 unlocked or do i have to re-flash a05 locked bios (using recovery method)and then the a11 locked bios and after the unlocked version?

p.s. sorry for my bad english!!

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys i'm new and i want to say thanks to all these guys that are doing this wonderfull job!

i have an alienware m17xr4, i succesfully flash a05 unlocked bios using method 1, if i want to put the unlocked bios a11 do i have to install a11 locked and then flash the a11 unlocked or do i have to re-flash a05 locked bios (using recovery method)and then the a11 locked bios and after the unlocked version?

p.s. sorry for my bad english!!

wat i Do.

Install the A10 original and after that

install the A11 v1 unlocked.

i use the usb DOSS method to install.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's a stupid question, but why is A13 better for win 8,1 then A11 or A12? I have M17xR4/ i7 3630QM/ GTX660M upgraded to GTX680M and if I forget on problem with dithering screen when using both graphics (HD4000 must be disabled and dithering is gone) then everything is ok. Or it seems to be.

So i looked through this entire form and the instructions don't really cover this part but when you boot from the USB (with the flash bios on it) what do you have to type when it says "C:/>" i type run prr.exe (so it looks like "C:/>run prr.exe" on the screen. All i get is "bad command line." The flash is on a USB called "E:" Its hard finding anything about what to type on google and everyother forum i look at seems to dance around the command lines. Can someone please help me?

@Nitish.s22 thanks, I was able to install the bios, although something horrible has happened.

After I installed the bios, my computer's boot time has gone up from 6 seconds to 30 seconds and my graphic card seems to be throttled down by more than 75% of that it use to be (using Warframe as a benchmark: use to average at 120fps now I average between 15-30fps). I also have nvInspector and was able to adjust the memory clock offset but after the unlocked bios I cannot change the offset, it just keeps reverting back to zero. I have reinstalled all the dell bios A08-A13 (A05 and A02 refuse to install) and I have reinstalled the A11 Unlocked bios multiple times but this problem is now in all of them. In the A11 unlocked version I have changed the display from SC to PEG and disabled the integrated graphic card but that caused my screen to go black and my computer started a 8 beep rhythm. I removed the CMOS battery and placed it back in and held the power button for a minute and the bios reset and was surprised to see I was able to edit the memory clock offset but my computer was idling at 68C instead of its normal 57C and after a restart I couldn't edit the offset and I'm back to square one again. Can anyone help?

edit: Fixed.

Hi,

I currently have the A13 bios and would also like to have an unlocked one (always need to boot into windows when I want to change discrete graphics card only to discrete + integrated and the other way round).

Can I flash the A11 unlocked v2 without bricking my machine?

Michael

sorry for the post, i managed to downgrade my mobo to a05 with blind flash method but then i did not find a way to flash a11 stock because in a05 there was not the uefi options. So i tried flashing your mod bios and i bricked my mobo. Now i've got another mobo with a12 (300€ from dell -.-) and i'm going to ask you first before proceed. Can i flash your a11 ublocked directly on my a12? without downgrading and so?

I have a question. So I have the A11 unlocked bios installed but my GPU skyrockets to almost flashpoint (93C) in a few seconds when I start a game. NvInspector has been a life savior at stopping my computer from catching on fire but every now and then I forget to activate the Nvinspector and the emergency turn off reminds me of it every now and then (also, windows refuses to auto start nvInspector.)

So what is happening and how can I fix it?

I have went into the bios for the fan setting but no matter what level I set the fans to the same exponential temperature grow occurs. I have installed non-flashed bios but it reactivates my crappy Intel Hd card, which defeats the purpose of why I'm installing the bios in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@svl7, could you please share the unlocked A13 BIOS for the Alienware M17x R4 if you have it or please otherwise unlock it and share it with us? I would be really grateful if you could do so as there are plenty of people like me with A13 who would love to have full compatibility with Windows 8.1 which A11 doesn't have.. it would also make it less risky for us to flash an unlocked BIOS as we wouldn't have to downgrade etc. I'm quite sure we'lll all be happy to donate a beer or 2...

@svl7, could you please share the unlocked A13 BIOS for the Alienware M17x R4 if you have it or please otherwise unlock it and share it with us? I would be really grateful if you could do so as there are plenty of people like me with A13 who would love to have full compatibility with Windows 8.1 which A11 doesn't have.. it would also make it less risky for us to flash an unlocked BIOS as we wouldn't have to downgrade etc. I'm quite sure we'lll all be happy to donate a beer or 2...

totally agree with this man, i already brick a mobo with downgrading procedure so please @svl7 help us stuck with a13!

• Brian pinned this topic