Bluray drive (9.5mm) for M14x R1?

Rootdog

I would recommend this as an alternative, All you have to do is remove the front plastic piece due to it being unexposed in the chasis and it works perfectly, its also less expensive and an all around phenomenal drive.

Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 6X BD-R 2X BD-RE 8X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 6X BD-ROM 5.8MB Cache SATA 12.7mm Slot Blu-ray Writer BD-5850H-01

In High Regard,

Kaldon

The R2 (and the R1) use the 9.5mm drive. I have seen a couple on ebay for around 210-220. UJ167. Alternatively, you can call dell and ask to order the part itself. The 12mm drives are a bit too large and the cover may not close properly (it will depend on drive). My advice, try dell first and see what the cost is... If its not comparable then try ebay.

Good luck, StevenX

(remember you will also need blu-ray software. I have 2 different pieces of software and each were almost $100).

Please disregard my post, I was under the impression that drive would work based on some other information i'd seen i'm so glad i was proven wrong when I was, as I was planning on ordering the 5850 tomorrow, turns out there is a Panasonic UJ267 that is a burner like the UJ167 is a reader, but the UJ267 is 400 bucks... Either way thanks for pointing out my error.

• 1 month later...
I got browsing around, and spotted this thread.... Would anyone know of a slot loading bluray burner that would fit the M14xR1?

would like to know about this too, if i cant find one i might as well install my second hard disk in the optical drive's space