Another laptop replacement for M11x(R1)

unreal25

Hey,

So, I believe my M11x (which my friend sent me back from Europe) finally died. Or I think. :D It's been self-destructing itself for the last 6-7 months or so. Since this will be a fourth repair I believe I am entitled for a new laptop and I'd like to stay away from M11x. (even R2) I paid $990 for the M11x (SU4100, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD) and extended the warranty at some point for another year (it was about $200).

I'd like to call in, and ask for another new laptop as a replacement - the question is which one could I realistically haggle for?

I'd like anything I can sell for most - I don't need another laptop. I am thinking along the lines of XPS 15 base spec + B+RG LED screen. I know it's shit to game on it on 1080p res as the base graphics (GT 525M) will be, at most, as capable at that res as was my M11x on native. But it's good for watching movies stuff and playing WoW at least. :P Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hah yeah I'll give it a shot but... you think that's possible after a full year? :) Any chance of putting that money as some kind of a "Dell credit" that I could use later? (lol....)

Or maybe I could just delay calling (I can honestly tell you I wouldn't touch XPS with a 10-foot pole) until m14x gets out. I mean I do have this warranty for another full year. :P

• Founder
Hah yeah I'll give it a shot but... you think that's possible after a full year? :) Any chance of putting that money as some kind of a "Dell credit" that I could use later? (lol....)

Or maybe I could just delay calling (I can honestly tell you I wouldn't touch XPS with a 10-foot pole) until m14x gets out. I mean I do have this warranty for another full year. :P

M14x launch seems immanent, I'd wait for it to come out if you can. But in the end it really depends on the rep youll get when asking for a replacement. He might agree for a money back, but i think it'll be easier to convince him to give you a m14x + you add money than to convince him to give you your money back.

Good luck anyway, and keep us informed ;)

BTW, did u see the Chinese review of the m14x ? It's on the front page of techinferno.com..

Thanks Michael. I'll def wait then. The main thing, as Joker/Brian suggested in the other thread is the portability of m14x. M17x is amazing but its hard for me to lug it around. Apart from that (and the touchpad), I absolutely love every other single bit of it - so I don't want to sell it.

• 6 years later...