M18x r2 updating graphics card to Nvidia 1060

i have a m18x r2 and im updating my graphics card from a AMD 7090 to a Nvidia Geforce gtx 1060 6gb mxm 

I have flashed bios with swicks and installed to graphics card that as far as i can get

I cannot find the graphics card in device manager on one there is the intel 4000 

I cannot download the drivers from the website because i get the error that says not compatible with this version on windows (tried both 64 bit and 32 bit), I also get the error (nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware)

if anybody can lead me in the right direction it would be helpful.

thanks

if you need any additional details let me know.

You need to switch the Video mode to SG in the Unlocked BIOS to see the 1060. It's found in the second Advanced tab

You need to run a modified Nvidia driver to run any Nvidia card that wasn't released with the laptop.

https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/post.php

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 2:24 PM, MattyB said:

You need to switch the Video mode to SG in the Unlocked BIOS to see the 1060. It's found in the second Advanced tab

You need to run a modified Nvidia driver to run any Nvidia card that wasn't released with the laptop.

https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/post.php

I'll try it too, thanks!!!