Asus GL702ZC update to new Ryzen CPU possible?

Roland83

Hi
I have a few questions and would be happy if someone could answer them for me. 
I own an Asus GL702ZC laptop. This is a desktop replacement laptop with an AMD B350 motherboard and an AMD Ryzen processor sitting on an AM4 socket. 
The CPU can be exchanged. Asus uses Agesa 1.0.0.7 on this laptop, which unfortunately only allows first generation Ryzen cpu's to be used in it. 
I would like to know if it would be possible to replace the Agesa version and all other required modules with newer ones in order to also use processors of newer generations in it, e.g. a Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 5 5600.
Does anyone have any information and can help me or is this impossible?
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...
On 12/27/2022 at 6:26 PM, Kumar said:

The ROG Strix lineup, along with many other ROG laptops, is user-upgradeable, meaning you can add in more RAM or storage with nothing more than a screwdriver. Here's how.

You didn't actually reply to the question. It was specifically about the CPU. NOT the RAM or the STORAGE. The model in question is one of the few with a Desktop CPU in a desktop Socket and thusly can be removed and upgraded. I own this model and have been unable to find any info on whether it will support a newer 2000 or 3000 CPU.