ThinkPad T550 Baterry whitelist...?

Artur

I had to replace battery in my laptop.
I bought: http://www.baterielaptopow.pl/bateria-do-lenovo-baterie-ceny-45N1741-179161.html

Problem:
When laptop starts:
The battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge...

I have T550 laptop, what i should do?

Edited by Artur

Try to update your laptop drivers. In windows search menu write device manager then in device manager chose battery section and press right mouse button to open menu where you can chose update drivers and restart  or uninstall drivers and restart. Then Windows if computer connected to internet reinstall battery drivers automatically. Check if it helps. If it not help check your charger if its cable not damaged and providing correct voltage. 

Edited by Just_a_man

I did it,
And asked on lenovo forum, where there is problem...

I receive that answer:

OEM battery do have whitelist credentialing in the firmware designed to protect the machine from non certified parts.

It would be best to get the original battery using the Lenovo FRU numbers from parts lookup.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup

How to Look Up and Purchase Accessories, Upgrades, and FRU/CRU Replacement Parts

Regards,

• 2 months later...