To install GTX 1070 on Alienware M17x R4

Mikogami

The other day I got an Alienware M17x R4 from a friend. The current state is

BIOS Ver: A15

CPU: 3940XM

RAM: 32GB

SSD: 2T + 2T

GPU: NVIDIA GT 675M

Also, because I got a new GTX 1070 with MXM specifications at the same time as the PC I would like to install it on Alienware M17x R4. However, this GPU is for HP EliteBook 8770w. I would like to ask someone who is familiar with this forum. To install this GPU on my Alienware M17x R4 What should i do? Update the main unit BIOS? , VBIOS update? , Upgrade the main unit display to 120MHz specification? I checked the thread in the past, but I can't find a lot of information and the same conditions as me, so I don't know what to start with. Dear experts, please give me some advice.

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Mikogami said:

The other day I got an Alienware M17x R4 from a friend. The current state is

BIOS Ver: A15

CPU: 3940XM

RAM: 32GB

SSD: 2T + 2T

GPU: NVIDIA GT 675M

Also, because I got a new GTX 1070 with MXM specifications at the same time as the PC I would like to install it on Alienware M17x R4. However, this GPU is for HP EliteBook 8770w. I would like to ask someone who is familiar with this forum. To install this GPU on my Alienware M17x R4 What should i do? Update the main unit BIOS? , VBIOS update? , Upgrade the main unit display to 120MHz specification? I checked the thread in the past, but I can't find a lot of information and the same conditions as me, so I don't know what to start with. Dear experts, please give me some advice.

Hi!

Try to read this threads:

• Thumbs Up 2

Hello Krem Thank you for your advice.

I will check the thread you taught me immediately.

Thank you very much!

If you have any questions, I would like to ask you a question. In that case, can I ask in this thread?