NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hello!, i flash the gtx780m without problem in my GT70 2OD (MSI) but it show me in GPU Z " basic display adapter from Microsoft" and nvidia drivers doesn't recongnize the vga, i have a backup of my original .rom,but I'm curious of what can be the problem,post-9287-14494995627337_thumb.png, sorry for my bad english, regards!, if anybody can help me i can put my default .rom!

post-9287-14494995626812_thumb.png

post-9287-14494995627032_thumb.png

Hello!, i flash the gtx780m without problem in my GT70 2OD (MSI) but it show me in GPU Z " basic display adapter from Microsoft" and nvidia drivers doesn't recongnize the vga, i have a backup of my original .rom,but I'm curious of what can be the problem,[ATTACH=CONFIG]8104[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8105[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8106[/ATTACH], sorry for my bad english, regards!, if anybody can help me i can put my default .rom!

You would now need to mod the correct inf file for the install to work.

Johnksss thanks perhaps for the repply, but, i have to mod the inf file that is inside the drivers or you say something after the flash?, sorry for my ignorance, if you can explain me how can i do that?, regards!

Johnksss thanks perhaps for the repply, but, i have to mod the inf file that is inside the drivers or you say something after the flash?, sorry for my ignorance, if you can explain me how can i do that?, regards!

Did the card show up fine and working before the flash?

yes, but my gt70 2OD uses the HD4600 Intel card for all, the 780m only runs in games, but, i flash correctly the mod.rom the only problem is that my card say's "Microsoft display adapter" with the moded.rom, now i return to default .rom and install without problems the drivers, thanks for the help!

yes, but my gt70 2OD uses the HD4600 Intel card for all, the 780m only runs in games, but, i flash correctly the mod.rom the only problem is that my card say's "Microsoft display adapter" with the moded.rom, now i return to default .rom and install without problems the drivers, thanks for the help!

Open device manager>Display adapters>Details>Hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_.119F. ? 1462

this would work with 780m in m18x R2 i assume? cause iirc Johnksss got R2, or maybe upgraded to the new AW 18?
Yes. John upgraded his M18x R2. He does not have a new 18.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8107[/ATTACH]it say: PCI/VEN_10DEV_119F?subsys_05AA1462?REV_A1, and the name of the display adapter right now says "Basic Microsoft display adapter", thanks!

Windows 8 disable driver signing.

1) Open command prompt (Admin).

2) Type "bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes" (without quotes) enter>reboot.

3) Install>reboot

4) Exit test mode "bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no" reboot.

Download/Install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL >Instalation failed>close dialog>Browse C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\320.49\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display.Driver folder>Copy/overwrite w/ nvcvn.inf>Run setup.exe \International\ folder.

Edit: @CACV @Killerinstinct Install v320.49 drivers. Don't install v326.01 it breaks NV Inspector.

nvcvn.inf_MSI_GT702OD_GTX780M_v320.49.zip

• Thumbs Up 4

Yep, upgraded my R2 as suggested.

Going to use Brother Fox's example for this

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0] %NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.048F.1028% = Section187, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_048F1028

%NVIDIA_DEV.119F.05AA.1462% = Section189, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_05AA1462

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.057B.1028% = Section191, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_057B1028

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0580.1028% = Section192, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05801028
[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.2] %NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.048F.1028% = Section187, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_048F1028

%NVIDIA_DEV.119F.05AA.1462% = Section189, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_05AA1462

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.057B.1028% = Section191, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_057B1028

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0580.1028% = Section192, PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05801028
[Strings] NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.048F.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M" NVIDIA_DEV.119F.05AA.1462 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M" NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.057B.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M " NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0580.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M "

See that your strings look like the highlighted ones in blue per the example.

Side note: For windows 8 you can just boot into driver signing off mode.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well i installed the vbios which installed perfectly fine and then tried to do @J95 suggested however it it wouldnt boot windows so i uninstalled and then installed the laptopvideo2go inf for the 320.20 drivers for the 320.49 drivers and that worked out, also when i set it to +25 mV it wouldn't increase the voltage to that amount

Well i installed the vbios which installed perfectly fine and then tried to do @J95 suggested however it it wouldnt boot windows so i uninstalled and then installed the laptopvideo2go inf for the 320.20 drivers for the 320.49 drivers and that worked out, also when i set it to +25 mV it wouldn't increase the voltage to that amount
With dynamic action going on, you might not see a change if the GPU is not under load. Did you load the card to see if it made a change, or are you relying on what you see when idle? If I understand how it works (which I may not, LOL) you are using an offset that raises a peak limit (ceiling) and not directly adjusting the static amount. Your Haswell CPU should also have power offsets that work in a similar manner if you have an unlocked sBIOS or if your system is XTU 4.1 compatible. Those are design to allow a higher maximum only when demand exhausts the normal amount of power available.

With dynamic action going on, you might not see a change if the GPU is not under load. Did you load the card to see if it made a change, or are you relying on what you see when idle? If I understand how it works (which I may not, LOL) you are using an offset that raises a peak limit (ceiling) and not directly adjusting the static amount. Your Haswell CPU should also have power offsets that work in a similar manner if you have an unlocked sBIOS or if your system is XTU 4.1 compatible. Those are design to allow a higher maximum only when demand exhausts the normal amount of power available.

yea i was running 3dmark 11 but it would just lock it to 1.012 V which is the default max voltage so when i was trying to push the 1ghz core it would simply cause the 3dmark to error saying the DX11_Removed or something similar, im starting to think its either that im using NOS+180W to its limit but wouldn't the laptop shutdown if i was pushing it further than that or MSI has voltage lock on the EC or somewhere where it shuts down the device... i have attached the MSI vbios just incase svl7 would like to look at it but im thinking there might be a limit on to voltage somewhere else but i most likely am wrong

OGTX780M.zip

IDs PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_05AA1462 ?

326.01 Windows 8.1 preview WDDM 1.3, it breaks Nividia Inspector. 320.49 introduces many fixes so it's better to use the right one (updated .inf post #2287); disable driver signing>reboot>then installed ?

yep i did disable driver signing however using a different method since the smart boot doesn't allow the cmd prompt method for some reason , i did windows_key+I>change settings> general> scroll down to bottom and click on restart now under advanced startup> then select advanced options> advance startup then f7 for disable driver signing , i wish i could use the cmd prompt method , this one such a hassle, however there is one bug , when the screen turns off or something like that it freezes but aslong as the computer is being used it perfectly fine, also this bug is related to the driver not the vbios

NVMIn.inf = 1462 MSI NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Disable driver signing, run both commands(admin) then reboot.

bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Exit test mode.

bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

NVMIn.inf_MSI_GT702OD_GTX780M_v320.49.zip

NVMIn.inf_MSI_GT702OD_GTX780M_v320.49.zip

• Thumbs Up 2

J95, i will try your post when i back home, maybe Killer is right cause i have the same problem but without the moded.rom, i post here the results,hope we can make this work!

Hi, Guys, please tell me. I asked the question in the next branch, but I think hardly wait for an answer there, because it's old. The problem is this. I have MSI GT70 0NE (i7-3630QM, GTX680M, 2xSSD SuperRaid). When I turn on the "turbo" button, GPU starts throttling, and when I trying to overclock the gpu with msi afterburner it starts throttling still more. The temperature was normal, no overheating. Version of vBios is 80.04.33.00.24. Will firmware vBios from this thread to solve this problem? And which version of the vBios you recommend for me (1000v, 1025v or 1050v)?

P. S. Sorry for my english)

thanks for help , but it seems that any drivers that don't support the msi version cause a driver_power_state_failure BSOD :( ... so i went back to 311.70 from msi

I'm using an MSI card and 320.49 is doing well. Might be your system.

When I turn on the "turbo" button, GPU starts throttling, and when I trying to overclock the gpu with msi afterburner it starts throttling still more. The temperature was normal, no overheating. Version of vBios is 80.04.33.00.24. Will firmware vBios from this thread to solve this problem? And which version of the vBios you recommend for me (1000v, 1025v or 1050v)?

Yes, the throttling will be gone, unless your temperatures are way too high. Just use the modified version of your bios, whether you want more voltage or not is up to you to decided. The turbo button will loose it's functionality with the modified vbios, I removed that since it's pointless with the mod vbios.

• Brian featured this topic