NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hi there, I'm new to this forum but not new to overclocking and bios's all be it I haven't done it since 2007 so guessing a little has changed. I've just brought myself a clevo P570WM with the 3820, gtx680m sli, 32gb vengeance 1600, crucial m4 etc etc. After seeing everybodies results with these cards i'm interested in what oc vbios people think I should be using. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi everyone, my problem is that when i use nvidia inspector or gpuz my 680M clocks are allways at 719mz for core and 1800mhz for memory all the time, even when i am not doing something. so is this normal? shouldn't the clocks clock down to idle? I have tried almost every driver even the last one(314.22) still the same problem. If someone could help or give a hint i would apreciate. Thx in advance

Would like to open with a huge thanks to svl7 for everything he's done. I found this site through being referred to the Y500 unlocking guide and have been browsing around it ever since. Ended up landing on this thread, and was just wondering...is there any modded vBIOS's for the 650m's in my Y500? I followed the Y500 guide to unlocking it and have my 650m SLI running at 1120mhz/4800mhz, but temps actually stay relatively low and I was wondering if there's any modded BIOSs out there other than the one I flashed to using that guide.

Thanks again for everything.

hehehehe.. i had the same problem first

1. step... get the right modified vbios.. (at the first post on the first page)

2. step... use inspector and start stress test.. you will see.. it should go up to your modified mhz

some games doesnt work with 680m at full speed.. thats why your gpu load is quite low even if the game is at max vcard performance

like starcraft 2 .... i get my 1000mhz rarely.

if you want to stress your video card.. just play crysis 3. let me know if you need SLI settings.

@svl7 is it dangerous for my video card if i get 93°C at playing crysis?

680m sli

I can tell you one thing...it's definitely not helping. But that's actually within spec. I believe mobile 600-series GPUs have a max operating temp of around 100C before they shut down? So I mean...it may not last 10 years, but it also won't die tomorrow.

Have you tried a cooling pad, or is it just really warm in your house?

@svl7 is it dangerous for my video card if i get 93°C at playing crysis?

680m sli

Surprising. My card will downclock once it hits 90C even with svl7's BIOS so I think your cards are throttled at all times. Is this a P370EM GPU1? Those things run stupidly hot without a lot of work.

Big repetitive temperature fluctuations can warp the card and break solder joints, killing the card. 93C is borderline of causing that, especially considering the 90C throttle point, Your card might be OK with it in the long term, or it might not.

If you get tempetures that high, don't give the card frequent breaks. It's the fluxuations in heat that do more damage rather than sustained heat.

That being said, you probably shouldn't let it get that high in the first place if you want it to last for ten years.

i have the clevo p570wm model. i dont know... its just crysis 3 which makes my video card boiling hot.. other games like starcraft just 54-56 °C

i dont know if my card is throttling or not because the game runs fluently. no lag at all.

what is the highest recommended temperature for the 680m?

I run my P570WM SLi 680m with 1.025vbios (Gpu 1015MHz - VRAM 2200MHz), When playing Crysis 3 (Fully Max'd out) 1 680 reaches 65-72c and the other 71-78c I have removed the original thermal paste which I must say was some really nasty cheap glup, and replaced it with Arctic Silver 5. I done this twice because of the difference in temperatures making sure that the heatsinks where seated properly. Don't know if your experiencing temperatures like this, but hope it helps?

Hi can you help me with mod bios for gt630m.Problem is that the laptop Acer v571g ,give the video too high voltage 0,94v for 670 frequency and trothling is set to 76 degree .Is it possible to mod video bios with lower voltage and high throttling degree.Thank you.

S4ndler: Specification by nVidia says 100C is the absolute limit, so I'd place the limit at 85C if you're not actively watching it (Well, actively watch it first, but then you can leave it without supervision afterwords if all goes well) and 90C during supervision.

today i bought GC-EXTREME

some tests showed me that gc-extreme is more efficient than arctic silver 5.

90°C seems to be the maximum temperature i could have achieve with kombustor (13 mins).

the efficient of the gc-extreme will increase within 2 day.. I'm waiting for that and then i'll report the results.

You should try to do something about your temps besides replacing the paste... E.g. increasing the pressure on the die and making sure all the air is blown through the cooling fins.

thats what i did today.. when i renewed the paste, it was still liquid. i replace it every month. i cleaned everything which is attached to the fans.

the difference is.. at my first test the temperatures goes up to 93°C within minutes.

now i get 90°C when i run the hardcore stressthest of kombuster for 13 minutes.

i have to wait 48 hours to see the best results of the new paste

Your GPU(s) are at 85°C after 13 minutes? Why so warm? Are they heavily overclocked, or are you in a hot climate? What system are you running?

I got overclocking to work at my Fujitsu nh532 by forcing p-state but as someone said, optimus does not work after that. I would really like to try modded bios with this one, 640m le seemed stable at core 950mhz. Latest bios is 1.12a and can be downloader here Download Fujitsu LIFEBOOK NH532 BIOS v.1.12a or straight from Fujitsu here Technical Support pages from Fujitsu Pdf had this info about vbios - Update Nvidia N13P-LP VBIOS to 80.07.27.00.06.

Can you svl7 please take a look at this? This kepler is a great chip crippled by bios.

Can you get the GPU overclock to work pass the 135MHz?

Mr. Fox: Yes, of course they're overclocked, that's what this topic is about. 85 C after 13 minutes is fairly good compared to what a lot of other people get, especially if you're running OCCT.

I have a M6700 with a K5000M. i would really like to overclock the gpu as it has great cooling - runs cool under load. I have tried in the past but it seems that i am unable to really change anything using msi afterburner etc. I'm not convinced that anything is actually changing.. Installing your VBIOS file will make this possible?

Chris.

i am having a slight problem

i flashed this vbios

Downloads

after that, i am not able to update my nvidia drivers

only stable version i found was 314.14( 314.22 also works but 'breaks' 3D)

I have a M17XR4 with a dell 680M

whenever i install the drivers (clean/overwrite), it always goes blank screen, even on restarting it goes blank just after the login screen(windows 7 Ultimate)

i have to boot into safe mode and then remove the drivers, restart into safe mode again and install 314.14

it is really irritating because i can't play newer games smoothly(tomb raider, bioshock infinite, etc) with these old drivers

Can anyone help me? Any help would be appreciated!

• Brian featured this topic