NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

It's wierd i have some problems with the "Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip".

Gpu-z and nVidia Inspector can't launch at all... I reinstall drivers but nothing change.

Clevo P150EM - GTX 680m 4gb

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, GPU-Z and Nvidia Inspector both crash immediately upon opening with that vbios, also with the unmodified version.

I kinda start to believe that the problem doesn't lie in those two tools since they're developed by different people, but that it's an error in the nvapi which I assume both tools use in order to access the driver and card.

Just use MSI afterburner, it works.

Yeah well, don't use furmark. It's only good for one thing... killing GPUs. And it usually throttles, safety measur by Nvidia. Use 3dMark11 or a game to test your clocks.

@svl7: I'll have time to test the latest two Clevo vBIOS when I get back from work. Just wanted to know if there's any big changes to values from the one I last tested in my sig. Since I currently don't have MSI Afterburner, I wouldn't know the difference anyway. (on a work laptop)

• Founder
@svl7: I'll have time to test the latest two Clevo vBIOS when I get back from work. Just wanted to know if there's any big changes to values from the one I last tested in my sig. Since I currently don't have MSI Afterburner, I wouldn't know the difference anyway. (on a work laptop)

For SLI I haven't seen much of a difference but try it out on yours and see if you get better scores.

I prefer Nvidia Inspector over MSI AB anytime... :)

There are tons of changes in the vbios, whether you will notice a lot of difference when it comes to the performance... don't know. The modifications I've done are pretty much the same as in the previous version. Still stock clocks, but unlocked limits and performance tweaking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are the results using the system in my specs.

I have listed the names according to the vBIOS number (one being called 29, other being called 67).

I have to say, the 67 has won against all others at stock voltage and is very stable (even if NVI and GPUZ doesnt work on it).

Here's the images and results. Do take note that the 29 vBIOS was not stable at 980/2300. Decreasing the clock to 960 worked, but it maxed out at 954mhz. It still ran well.

post-7519-14494994019253_thumb.png

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel® Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz,CLEVO P15xEMx score: P7731 3DMarks - the 29's results.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel® Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz,CLEVO P15xEMx score: P7877 3DMarks - the 67's results.

EDIT: I'll keep the 67 vBIOS as my new main until the next big one comes out. Good work svl7. Donations to you and get yourself a nice big drink. (Or just go happy hour)

EDIT2: For anyone confused at what I mean by unstable: the programs would crash to desktop due to the card's drivers not working properly.

post-7519-14494994018413_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Here are the results using the system in my specs.

I have listed the names according to the vBIOS number (one being called 29, other being called 67).

I have to say, the 67 has won against all others at stock voltage and is very stable (even if NVI and GPUZ doesnt work on it).

Here's the images and results. Do take note that the 29 vBIOS was not stable at 980/2300. Decreasing the clock to 960 worked, but it maxed out at 954mhz. It still ran well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5532[/ATTACH]

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel® Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz,CLEVO P15xEMx score: P7731 3DMarks - the 29's results.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel® Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz,CLEVO P15xEMx score: P7877 3DMarks - the 67's results.

EDIT: I'll keep the 67 vBIOS as my new main until the next big one comes out. Good work svl7. Donations to you and get yourself a nice big drink. (Or just go happy hour)

EDIT2: For anyone confused at what I mean by unstable: the programs would crash to desktop due to the card's drivers not working properly.

Nice runs there! So which bios you find best so far for single GPU.. .67 ?

;)

Yep. I have previously tested an MSI FD mod that worked on the Clevo (from the safe unlock thread by another member in this section) with stock settings at 915/2100. When set to 980/2300, the voltage would go a slight bit higher than stock and achieve the same performance as the .67.

I have just tried HAWKEN with the new vBIOS and am getting 48-55 FPS on ultra with physx particles enabled.

• Founder

Latest Clevo vbios is also more stable for me in games. This one can do 980 core w/out locking up in Hitman Absolution. Tested fps in 3dmark 11 and Hitman and its the same as the last vbios I had but more stable. GJ @svl7.

@lonesyndal: Great information, thank you for sharing! That's generally also what I noticed. The .29 vbios drops the voltage on load to about 0.962, the 0.67 stays at 0.987, that certainly helps with stability. Wasn't able to properly fix that weird behavior with that vbios, seems like a little bug or weird implementation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi - I've read through much of this thread, but I'm having trouble determining which vBIOS bobby7 flashed to his G75VW. I have the same laptop (G75VW-bbk5), and I'd like to flash the modified BIOS. When I look in the second post, though, I'm not seeing a BIOS with a version of 80.07.2c.00.15, which is what's displaying in bobby7's screenshots. Can you point me in the right direction?

(I did pay for a temporary membership for access, so I hope that I'll be able to download the files).

Thanks to svl7 for his efforts. This is great stuff!

• Brian featured this topic