NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I don't think so, I guess it's hardwired, but a simple pencil mod should be possible. Just take a look at the vr module on the back of the card, there might even be two for the memory, can't remember exactly.

Have you got a scheme?

Revised OC edition vbios added to the second post, Dell and Clevo.

I tweaked the vbios a bit more, should give you the best performance so far. Overclocking per software enabled, higher limits.

Voltage is untouched, the Clevo card will run at 0.987V at 3d.

The Dell card has adaptive voltage and clocks, at least that's what I heard from @littleone, thank you for the feedback, and thank you as well [MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION] - for testing and for the beers! :Banane35:

Please let me know how it performs for you, voltage, clocks etc. The latest Nvidia beta drivers will result in a clock which is 13MHz lower than what is set in the vbios. Overclocking steps are 13MHz.

@Clevo P1xxHM / P1xxEM users: Don't flash this vbios. Apparently it doesn't work on your machines. I can tweak the older vbios to perform similarly if people want this. Though I'd prefer to use the newer vbios, I think I can make it work on your systems. It does perform better. If anyone would like to test it, let me know. I don't see a reason why it should work when I adjust it a bit, but then again, the recent Clevo systems are weird when it comes to vbios and compatibility.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yay - will test and provide feedback, thanks a lot :D

*Edit:

Seems great so far.

Check out my attached screenshot.

I did a run with +200 Core +400 Memory which resulted in 954/2198 and FN+1 (full fan), max temp only 69°C :D

I know the score seems kinda low though, at that OC you would expect more than the good 7k I got. Yet it is the highest score I ever got!

43654923.png

• Founder
Yay - will test and provide feedback, thanks a lot :D

*Edit:

Seems great so far.

Check out my attached screenshot.

I did a run with +200 Core +400 Memory which resulted in 954/2198 and FN+1 (full fan), max temp only 69°C :D

I know the score seems kinda low though, at that OC you would expect more than the good 7k I got. Yet it is the highest score I ever got!

43654923.png

I agree the score should be higher than that. I'll test a single gpu at those clocks and see what I get as a comparison.

Edit: here's a run on my system using the same vbios and clocks: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P7481 3DMarks

And this is 993/1160: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5039675

Make sure that in the nvidia control panel you set the 3d profile for 3dmark11's texture filtering quality to "high performance" to match everyone else's results.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Looks pretty good to me, really, I got 7.7k GPU when I benched at 1GHz with the MSI vbios, and 6.8k GPU with the same at 900MHz... so looks all fine to me.

Also when I check the detailed scores nothing seems really off. Your GT1 is way better than what I get with this vbios on my system... then again my system seems to be bit special anyway. I'm really glad to see this vbios working that well. It works very fine for me, but for you guys it seems to work even better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree the score should be higher than that. I'll test a single gpu at those clocks and see what I get as a comparison.

Edit: here's a run on my system using the same vbios and clocks: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P7481 3DMarks

Nice! So my 680M should perform properly, your GPU score is 7491 vs mine 7296, so barely 200 difference. Could be because of my CPU is stock at 3599Mhz vs your's at 3987.

Btw, did you check your temps?

Looks pretty good to me, really, I got 7.7k GPU when I benched at 1GHz with the MSI vbios, and 6.8k GPU with the same at 900MHz... so looks all fine to me.

Also when I check the detailed scores nothing seems really off. Your GT1 is way better than what I get with this vbios on my system... then again my system seems to be bit special anyway. I'm really glad to see this vbios working that well. It works very fine for me, but for you guys it seems to work even better.

Yeah it's awesome, you pretty much eliminated all throttling that has been before :D Also if left at stock clocks, your implemented (or fixed) "GPU Boost" now performs properly and jumps to 758Mhz which is great for games like Bad Company 2 that doesn't really require a heavy OC.

• Founder

@sirana what system do you have and the specs? And yes the CPU can make a difference in the overall score + physx but has negligible impact in the graphics score. Try the texture filtering change I suggested and re-run the benchmark to see if you match my score. I'm running Windows 8 atm so my overall would be even higher in windows 7.

@sirana what system do you have and the specs? And yes the CPU can make a difference in the overall score + physx but has negligible impact in the graphics score. Try the texture filtering change I suggested and re-run the benchmark to see if you match my score. I'm running Windows 8 atm so my overall would be even higher in windows 7.

Ah I see, yeah I didn't change anything in the NVCP yet apart of setting it to "prefer performance". I will re-run it with the profile tweak in a few hours when I'm at home again!

My system is a Clevo x7200

GPU: Clevo 4GB GTX 680M

CPU: i7 980, stock 6x3,33Ghz

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, actually 1600Mhz but due to processor limitations only at 1066Mhz it seems :/

SSD: 128GB Crucial M4

HDD: 750GB Momentus XT, Hybrid 7200RPM

HDD2: 750GB random brand, only 5400RPM (for storage)

Again a big thank you to svl7 for creating and to you guys for testing these vbios's :)

*Edit: What was your max temp at the second run?

i got 7.7k with 950MHz GPU / 2200MHz Vram

(the new clevo bios)post-7246-14494993919243_thumb.jpg

Allright, I did the texture filtering tweak to high performance + disabled Windows Aero and now I got this result (still +200/+400):

73k.png

Note the max temp was 59. This is because I went home and it's quite cold outside (~0°C) and I did the 3dmark run immediatly after booting it up as well as FN+1 (full fan).

Then I felt lucky and did a "Ghz-Edition" run (1006/2250, +250/+450 in AB):

ghzedition.png

Note that also for this test I had FN+1 enabled. Max temp at over 1Ghz Core: 67°C :D

And to directly compare it to @svl7 's last clevo vbios (the UV one), a run at 915/2250 (which is +160/+250 in AB):

gamingoc.png

Note that I had automatic fan control enabled for this run, as I am going to use this as my 24/07 gaming oc and I just don't want my fans to spin at 100% all the time.

Max temp here is 78°C, easily explained as the last fan level (100%) kicks in at 77°C for me. By forcing the fans to run at 100% (FN+1) I got the amazing temps in the previous 2 screenshots.

Compared to the UV clevo vbios, this one resulted in ~250 3dmark points more at the same clocks! GPU points changed +500, but this is also related to my new texture filtering tweak :)

I love this new vbios, it prooved to me that my 680M is not underperforming (what I have been afraid of). Also I'm glad my X7200 can cool the 680M properly as it's not officially supported and I have to use a 580M heatsink.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow. This is amazing. I am so happy that I can almost break the 8k barrier with the Dell 680m. I couldn't even come close to break the 7k barrier before. Thank you so much slv7!!! I will buy you a beer when I get back from the gym :D

EDIT: Your link to donate does not work.

Revised OC edition vbios added to the second post, Dell and Clevo.

I tweaked the vbios a bit more, should give you the best performance so far. Overclocking per software enabled, higher limits.

Voltage is untouched, the Clevo card will run at 0.987V at 3d.

The Dell card has adaptive voltage and clocks, at least that's what I heard from @littleone, thank you for the feedback, and thank you as well @Mr. Fox - for testing and for the beers! :Banane35:

Please let me know how it performs for you, voltage, clocks etc. The latest Nvidia beta drivers will result in a clock which is 13MHz lower than what is set in the vbios. Overclocking steps are 13MHz.

@Clevo P1xxHM / P1xxEM users: Don't flash this vbios. Apparently it doesn't work on your machines. I can tweak the older vbios to perform similarly if people want this. Though I'd prefer to use the newer vbios, I think I can make it work on your systems. It does perform better. If anyone would like to test it, let me know. I don't see a reason why it should work when I adjust it a bit, but then again, the recent Clevo systems are weird when it comes to vbios and compatibility.

I would like to test a modified version of the new vbios for the P1XXHM series , but i most likely wont get to it till mid December since most of my Engineering Senior Projects is on this comp :D ..

• Brian featured this topic