NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I was reading about an undervolted BIOS used on some Sager machines over at NBR. I don't see this at the front page though, so I'm wondering where I find the 680M 4GB undervolted BIOS?

Sorry if I missed an answer to my question here but under-volting the card is good for overclocking?? I really don't know that much about all of this but it seems slightly odd??

It appearantly is. I'm having a really good time with my 915/1800 vbios that is slightly UV.

Which drivers are you using because I got 30k with physx in Vantage when I usually get 39k with physx enabled and +500mhz on VRAM?? I'm downgraded to the 36.97whql, I had the 310.33 betas before.

Both the 310.33 and 310.54 were extremely unstable in BF3, causing "BF3.exe stopped responding" every 10-15 minutes. That's why I reverted to the 306.97 WHQL, it is not as good but stable! Probably you got a worse score due to throttling. Not every driver behaves the same way at overclocking.

Both the 310.33 and 310.54 were extremely unstable in BF3, causing "BF3.exe stopped responding" every 10-15 minutes. That's why I reverted to the 306.97 WHQL, it is not as good but stable! Probably you got a worse score due to throttling. Not every driver behaves the same way at overclocking.

Actually you know what it was??? I forgot because I re-installed drivers I need to re-enable SLI.. LOL?

Soooooo..... After that was fixed...... I got 41k in vantage with physx (uncheck disable PPU)!!! My absolute highest score so far.

I guess we will see how gaming goes and exactly how stable my computer really is. I never seen any artifacts in the vantage benchmarking.

Well, I don't know... Asus is a bit weird when it comes to mobile GPUs... for whatever reason they don't adhere to the MXM standard, probably because they want that the users have to buy new machines instead of being able to upgrade them.

I agree with you. No wonder in SG prices of asus have the best deals to offer. BTW i'm not a fan of asus anymore cos my asus g74sx together with my eepad transformer rested in peace after the one warranty..

Anybody know where to find undervolted DELL 680m bios with unlocked oc?

It seems that with 850 bios, at 850mhz the voltage is 0.962. if you can have boost speed at 889 you will get 0.987.

It should work properly already.

If Svl7 can provide 915 bios with default voltage. I will happy to test

Is it possible to increase (in the vbios) the voltage for the memory controller only?

I don't think so, I guess it's hardwired, but a simple pencil mod should be possible. Just take a look at the vr module on the back of the card, there might even be two for the memory, can't remember exactly.

@svl7, do you have a modified bios for a GE60 with a gt 650m?..

Oh yeah, right... completely forgot about them, should finally upload them.

Hi, my laptop is HP dv6 7014nr with GT650M 2GB GDDR5. I attach the InsydeH2O BIOS file (newest F.13 version)here, would you please make a mod to unlock the overclocking limit of the GPU? Thanks.[ATTACH]5416[/ATTACH]

This stuff is digitally signed. You might end up with a (semi-) brick. If you don't mind taking the risk and guarantee me that you'll flash it anyways I can take a look at it, but else I won't bother since it would be a waste of time.

New clevo 680M vbios on the way from @svl7 soon I think (he'll have to give you the details). But here's a preview (check the graphics score):

Wow looks awesome :D

I see it is based off the 80.04.29 vbios again. Looking forward to this!

• Brian featured this topic