NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

The text seems to be the POST message of the Intel GPU, as mentioned in my last post. What happens if you just wait? Nothing?

I'm not familiar with the bios of your system, but you might be able to get it boot if you remove your Nvidia GPU. Then you could set the system to boot from the iGPU and put the card back, just an idea... but I don't know whether there's such an option in your bios.

Your system is muxless as far as I know, so you might not be able to simply disable the Nvidia card... not sure.

I was able to get into Dos and have my 680m in, but cannot flash a new VBIOS. I get this message when I try to flash the original VBIOS onto the card. Is there any way to make it accessible while in Dos?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

post-6421-14494993882869_thumb.jpg

I guess you need to go to a friend/reseller with a SLI capable notebook. Then put your card in his secondary slot so he can still boot via his own card, and then flash yours in DOS. Then reinstall it in your own laptop again and it should be fine.

It could work and maybe you don't have to blind flash, this bios is also not P150HM friendly, but unlike P150EM where it seem to block the boot process, on hm after bios screen, you will see a screen with blinking underscore and the laptop will remain in this state during an average 3-5 minutes, then you will hear 3 beep and it will continue the boot process, and you can flash the card to your backup bios.

I recommand you to :

1) prepare an usb bootable key with an autoexec that will launch the command nvflash -A -j -4 -5 -6 nameofyourbios.rom (where A mean auto (no question), j will force the flash even if the bios installed on your vga is corrupted, 4 5 6 will force the flash even if the vbios mismatch with your card)

2) modify the boot priority in order to boot first on usb before opening the P150hm to place your GTX680M.

Here is a link for a tutorial about installation of the card:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/674335-clevo-p1x0hm-users-7970m-680m-ordered-installed-oced-lets-have-34.html

More detail about the dysfunction on P150HM here:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-62.html

Apu71,

Find a good computer service with EEPROM programmer. They should help you. :)

BTW,

I replaced the memory chips in the GTX680M for a faster, but unfortunately there is no differences in speed and just as before the artifacts begin to appear after crossing 2600MHz. What should I do? Replace the MOSFETs? :D

I replaced the memory chips in the GTX680M for a faster, but unfortunately there is no differences in speed and just as before the artifacts begin to appear after crossing 2600MHz. What should I do? Replace the MOSFETs? :D

Do the new vram modules have the same timings as the old ones? Or did you adjust the vbios for the new timings?

It's also likely that the memory voltage supply circuits can't keep up with your modules, is it the same voltage? You could increase the capacity of the voltage in- and output, but would only help in case you have slight voltage fluctuations, else it won't make a difference.

I just pulled out my 680m and his 6990m and then put my card in his laptop, and it booted into my dos usb. For some reason it didnt even boot without the screen showing. I then reflashed my card with the vbios I was using before tried the newer vbios and it worked beautifully, and here I am. Responding on my 9150!!! :D

svl7,

It was installed memory chips with 0.4 ns access time (K4G20325FD-FC04) and I used a 0.3 ns memory chips (K4G20325FD-FC03). I changed nothing in the vbios because I do not know how. I'm not sure if it is a problem?

Both memory chip works with 1.35V and 1.5V voltage.

I think it will not hurt to slightly lower memory access times and raise voltage if possible. Could you do it with Clevo and MSI OC/OV vbios?

If that does not help I exchange the MOSFETs.

• Brian featured this topic