NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hi Klem,

Thank you for the detailed instructions. Could you please check my previous post one more time, I've edited it with another screenshot. Not sure if I'm right or not, but it seems that voltage setting is not saving. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, pawkaster said:

Hi Klem,

Thank you for the detailed instructions. Could you please check my previous post one more time, I've edited it with another screenshot. Not sure if I'm right or not, but it seems that voltage setting is not saving. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

For all mobile NVIDIA cards you can only increase voltage, and you can't any undervolts. Voltage adjustment works only for increase side. It's rule for all mobile NVIDIA cards. But if you want, i can set a bit low voltage in vbios. But why?

7 minutes ago, Klem said:

For all mobile NVIDIA cards you can only increase voltage, and you can't any undervolts. Voltage adjustment works only for increase side. It's rule for all mobile NVIDIA cards. But if you want, i can set a bit low voltage in vbios. But why?

I do not want to decrease or increase it for now. I just tested if all settings are working properly. I tried to increase voltage after that, however voltage remained 1012 V at peak power. I increased by 12.5, shouldn't it show 1025 mV in Nvidia inspector?

• Bios Modder

After any flashing procedure, i recomend to do next things:

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Download and install the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller). Run it and completely uninstall all NVIDIA drivers. Reboot laptop.

3. Download and install NVIDIA drivers 359.06 version. Install it with option "Clean Install". Reboot laptop.

Then you can start any tests. For overclock use NVIDIA Inspector.

3 minutes ago, Klem said:

2. Download and install the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller). Run it and completely uninstall all NVIDIA drivers. Reboot laptop.

3. Download and install NVIDIA drivers 359.06 version. Install it with option "Clean Install". Reboot laptop.

Ok, thanks! I will try this after work.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Just searched a little bit about voltage stuff. Does the higher voltage means higher temperatures? Mine was around 84-86 C while stress testing. Which seems quite high. I believe it would be worth trying lower voltage (as I remember it was lower in stock BIOS) to control overheat. Could you probably lower voltage a bit (i.e. -25 mV offset). Taking into account that voltage adjustment is unlocked, I will be able to increase voltage anyway if I need. Thanks and sorry for bothering!

P.S. Moded BIOS is attached.

GTX880ORIG.zip

Edited by pawkaster

• Bios Modder
20 minutes ago, pawkaster said:

Just searched a little bit about voltage stuff. Does the higher voltage means higher temperatures? Mine was around 84-86 C while stress testing. Which seems quite high. I believe it would be worth trying lower voltage (as I remember it was lower in stock BIOS) to control overheat. Could you probably lower voltage a bit (i.e. -25 mV offset). Taking into account that voltage adjustment is unlocked, I will be able to increase voltage anyway if I need. Thanks and sorry for bothering!

P.S. Moded BIOS is attached.

GTX880ORIG.zip

Temperature 84-86 C under stress test it's a very nice for GTX 880M.

Ok. In attachment your mod vbios with stock voltage.

GTX880ORIG.zip

Edited by Klem

Hi Klem, I tried to follow your steps. Removed afterburner, clean installed drivers, however voltage still remains stock even if I increase it. Should that offset actually be displayed in gpu info? Please check screenshot.

scrnsht.jpg

• Bios Modder
52 minutes ago, pawkaster said:

Hi Klem, I tried to follow your steps. Removed afterburner, clean installed drivers, however voltage still remains stock even if I increase it. Should that offset actually be displayed in gpu info? Please check screenshot.

scrnsht.jpg

I don't know. But you can try move slider more and check. For example +25mV or 50mV.

Also don't forget click to "Apply Clocks & Voltage"  button.

16 hours ago, Klem said:

I don't know. But you can try move slider more and check. For example +25mV or 50mV.

Maybe someone else can comment on this? As it seems that voltage is not unlocked, despite of that you can move slider voltage itself doesn't change.

I change offset by + 12.5 mV (tried +25 mV as well), press "Apply clocks and voltage" and then run "Heaven benchmark". Voltage remains unchanged at peak clocks. What else did I miss?

I could try vBIOS from this forum, but I don't have permissions yet to download the file.

Hi Klem,

isn't it possible that BIOS has some sort of voltage limit set? I.e. 0.993 V is maximum and I can't override it with software? Is it possible to change this limit?

I'm wondering if someone could post vBIOS which is attached to the head of this theme.

Thanks

On 18.10.2016 at 11:36 PM, Klem said:

This is for you.

If you want the same clocks as GTX 750M, then flash this mod vbios and try overclock (with NVIDIA Inspector) your card (core and memory). Also increase voltage if it needs. When you find stable clock and voltage, then we can flash it in vbios.

GK104-80.06.7D.00.06.zip

Hello fagain [;

... modded bios works perfectly ... i found my clocks and kindly asking for implement them info my cards bios.

I attached bios and nv insp screen with clocks.

Thank you very much in advance.

clocks.jpg

GK104-80.06.7D.00.06.zip

1 hour ago, pawkaster said:

wonz64, I see that you managed to set voltage offset. Would you be able to confirm, that when setting voltage offset your voltage actually changed in Nvidia inspector?

This screen is the prove ... my card orginaly have ~0.837V

cvb.jpg

Edited by wonz64

3 minutes ago, pawkaster said:

Then I don't understand anything.. Why mine is stuck on stock value..

just calm down ... read preverious instructions, do everything like its writen and you will be fine [;

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, pawkaster said:

Well.. I don't really see any instructions:) I flashed vBios successfully as I can see changed clocks. What else should I do to change voltage?

You are a very strange man.

15 minutes ago, Klem said:

You are a very strange man.

Why? I followed all instructions on how to properly flash vBIOS, I also followed all your instructions how to properly start OC (remove all drivers, clean install recommended). However I still can't raise voltage of my gpu. I'm just asking for a help, maybe I'm missing something. Would you be able to help and probably point me towards solution? I would really appreciate this.

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, pawkaster said:

Well.. I don't really see any instructions

Really don't see? Just look at this.

The first  instruction:

All settings unlocked. :) MSI Afterburner can't change voltage for all NVIDIA mobile cards. Just use NVIDIA Inspector.

But if you need (for some reason) use MSI Afterburner, then you can try this trick:

Step 1: Go to your MSI Afterburner Profiles folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles)
Step 2: Right-click the file named "VEN_10DE&DEV..." and go > Properties > Security
Step 3: Select "Edit" and then click on "Users (username\Users)" and with the permission boxes below, check "Allow" for the first box - Full control. Click OK and OK again (this allows the file to be saved after editing it).
Step 4: Now you can open the file named "VEN_10DE&DEV..." in WordPad and replace everything you see with this:

[Startup]
Format=2
CoreVoltageBoost=
PowerLimit=
ThermalLimit=
ThermalPrioritize=
CoreClkBoost=
MemClkBoost=
[Settings]
VDDC_Generic_Detection=1

Step 5: Save the file and restart MSI Afterburner
Step 6: Go into MSI Afterburner settings and check the boxes under General > "Unlock voltage control" and "Unlock voltage monitoring" then click OK and restart Afterburner.
Final: GPU voltage control is unlocked and can be used now up to +100mV as well as monitoring GPU voltage in the OSD."

The second instructions:

The third instructions:

Temperature 84-86 C under stress test it's a very nice for GTX 880M.

Ok. In attachment your mod vbios with stock voltage.

GTX880ORIG.zip

The fourth instructions:

But you can try move slider more and check. For example +25mV or 50mV.

The fifth instructions:

You can check voltage with program GPU-Z, on monitoring page. Just increase voltage step by step and chek with GPU-Z.

Again, you  are a very strange man.