NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

UUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \o/

It's fixed then? What was up with it?

Thanks for all the time and patience johnksss friend, to which he devoted most of his day trying to help me, but unfortunately we did everything possible and the sLI7 unlocked BIOS does not work properly on my M18XR1, still no solution for those fought in the games and physics 3Dmark tests unfortunately did not: (

fixed oc 4.7GHz stable: D, that works! Much better of my 4.5

Thanks for all the time and patience johnksss friend, to which he devoted most of his day trying to help me, but unfortunately we did everything possible and the sLI7 unlocked BIOS does not work properly on my M18XR1, still no solution for those fought in the games and physics 3Dmark tests unfortunately did not: (

Oh well, that's good that he put in that effort to help you, but a pity it's not fixed, are you gonna send back the 880M's and get some 780M's instead? Or are you concerned you'd have the same problems with 780M's? (Or just wait for high end Maxwell cards to come out - if they end up being compatible with the R1!).

m17x R4 880m unlocked vbios works great.

Like a few months ago, 780m that was used with my m17x R4 was moved to m17x R3.

And what I noticed was that it works good but not as good as when it was used with m17x R4, especially in terms of overclock.

For example, 150 core OC never had to be over-voltaged in m17x R4 or m18x R2 but in m17x R3 the same 780m needed some more voltage.

Try to give some more voltage and if that doesn't help, I have to say

it must be one of two

1) you have bad 880m (not a broken one but just bad to be OCed or over-TDPed)

2) 880m doens't work good with sandy (not ivy) system which has PCI-E 2.0 (not 3.0).

m17x R4 880m unlocked vbios works great.

Like a few months ago, 780m that was used with my m17x R4 was moved to m17x R3.

And what I noticed was that it works good but not as good as when it was used with m17x R4, especially in terms of overclock.

For example, 150 core OC never had to be over-voltaged in m17x R4 or m18x R2 but in m17x R3 the same 780m needed some more voltage.

Try to give some more voltage and if that doesn't help, I have to say

it must be one of two

1) you have bad 880m (not a broken one but just bad to be OCed or over-TDPed)

2) 880m doens't work good with sandy (not ivy) system which has PCI-E 2.0 (not 3.0).

the TDP what exactly is that doing if i let it 100% or 160%

it gives more power to the gpu? i mean is it worth playing around with that if i am not able to hit 1100 core with the 880m? my 880m needs +62mv to run +100 core lol... i really dont know if that is normal.. but once i go up to like +100mv my 3dmark flickers its like lagging for 1-2 seconds

my memory is able to hit +1000 stable... but i run +900 in watchdogs gives me 9 fps more and temps are not going above 85-86

the problem is the bios, because only the processor works perfect, only the video card works perfect, incluve overclocked 1100/2900 only test in 3Dmark without the physical test, but mixing gpu and cpu in test crashes, and games also crash, I said 3 million times that is the bios, that somehow has some setting that makes it incompatible with my R1.

the problem is the bios, because only the processor works perfect, only the video card works perfect, incluve overclocked 1100/2900 only test in 3Dmark without the physical test, but mixing gpu and cpu in test crashes, and games also crash, I said 3 million times that is the bios, that somehow has some setting that makes it incompatible with my R1.

That doenst mean that your problem is merely caused by bios.

When OCing both CPU and GPU, you gotta downclock both of them.

I can OC my 3940xm to 4.5 easily. I can OC my 880m 200/400 easily.

But I can't OC both of them at the same time. I also have the same problem as you. It crashes before physical or combined test.

This doesn't mean either GPU or CPU has a problem. This is just a board capability of power train.

I have to downclock my CPU to 4.1 or 4.2 to get the best result in 3dmark11.

After flashing unlocked vbios, you do have crash when you dont OC neither GPU and CPU?

Install new drive

Install windows 7

install drivers and dot net updates

Install nvidia drivers

Install 3dmark11 and run test. If it then crashes, it might be time to ditch the card and move on. :)

And then it all good?

Who did that to GTX880M 8GB unlocked bios?

Was you or was SLI7?

If it was you, you can unlock my BIOS that came with my GPU, Unlocking the limits of core memories, and voltage already glad, because I believe that would be stable, my GTX880M has a different serial number because I think she accused as a generic video card in the 3dmark site after I contacted them, I added them to their records and now accuses of gtx880m, ie bios my board is probably different from bios gtx880m that you guys used to make this bios unlocked.

Its unlock my bios?

link below my original bios.

GK104.rom (166,50 KB) - uploaded.net

Your private messages are full johnksss , can`t send private menssages anymore :x

And then it all good?

Was you or was SLI7?

If it was you, you can unlock my BIOS that came with my GPU, Unlocking the limits of core memories, and voltage already glad, because I believe that would be stable, my GTX880M has a different serial number because I think she accused as a generic video card in the 3dmark site after I contacted them, I added them to their records and now accuses of gtx880m, ie bios my board is probably different from bios gtx880m that you guys used to make this bios unlocked.

Its unlock my bios?

Your private messages are full johnksss , can`t send private menssages anymore :x

your score is good nothing wrong with that. Did tried what i said?

make a new windows user account and install 3dmark 11 try there.

what exactly is your problem because ur score is ok.

u wont get anything by spamming this forum everyone is trying to help you here already so just do what i said because this doesnt seem to be windows or driver related issues more likely ur GPU is bad you understand? some GPU's are bad..

what are ur temps while 3dmark11 or firestrike? u can find out with hwinfo let it run while u bench

useless to make 30,000 in scoring and can not play, so important is stability, if you had read my previous posts, I would have noticed that the problem is not heating, not enough 80C º in the 3dmark tests, and the maximum was in the game Trine 2 it was 85 º C, and it is not the GPU because if the GPU would not work with the original bios, and would not work with overclock (107/460/1050v 81C º) with the modified bios, I ask that from now on, everyone who make suggestions have a minimum of respect, for there were few who had suggestions humble and not arrogant, treating me like a retarded example of a guy who was 100% for me was Johnksss (I'm still grateful for the help) =]

PS: I'll try the suggestion of the new account in windows, but do not believe this will show any difference in the tests, but thanks for the tip.

useless to make 30,000 in scoring and can not play, so important is stability, if you had read my previous posts, I would have noticed that the problem is not heating, not enough 80C º in the 3dmark tests, and the maximum was in the game Trine 2 it was 85 º C, and it is not the GPU because if the GPU would not work with the original bios, and would not work with overclock (107/460/1050v 81C º) with the modified bios, I ask that from now on, everyone who make suggestions have a minimum of respect, for there were few who had suggestions humble and not arrogant, treating me like a retarded example of a guy who was 100% for me was Johnksss (I'm still grateful for the help) =]

PS: I'll try the suggestion of the new account in windows, but do not believe this will show any difference in the tests, but thanks for the tip.

Is there really that much more to try after everyone's suggestions on here already, and the detailed help you got from Johnksss when he accessed your laptop remotely - my guess is there's not much more for you to try if you've tried all the suggestions so far. My guess is that your 880M is bad, or your individual system just has some kind of incompatibility with an 880M card. If I was you I think I'd return the card saying you have experienced it as being faulty, they then send you another one & you can try it. If that one doesn't work, say your system is incompatible, get a refund & buy a 780M (flash svl7's vBIOS & overclock it to the same performance level you'd get with an 880M).

hi Robbo okay? , I accept that version of bios to be incompatible, since the time of the'' flash'' she complains that the firmware is different / incompatible (so I asked what they deem a look at my original BIOS, but so far have not heard back / response). Continuing ... and some more data, and asks if I want to continue anyway, answer yes to'' Y'', I believe there are 2 version of GTX880M 8GB (1 and 1 Clevo Dell) and I believe they used the bios to make an unlocked version, and I have a Dell and / or vice versa, version does not believe the problem is the card and yes, some incompatibility with this bios desbloquiada my GTX880M, as they have not given me feedback about my bios, and can unlock my bios, all I have to do is wait for the return SVI7 or Johnksss =]

hi Robbo okay? , I accept that version of bios to be incompatible, since the time of the'' flash'' she complains that the firmware is different / incompatible (so I asked what they deem a look at my original BIOS, but so far have not heard back / response). Continuing ... and some more data, and asks if I want to continue anyway, answer yes to'' Y'', I believe there are 2 version of GTX880M 8GB (1 and 1 Clevo Dell) and I believe they used the bios to make an unlocked version, and I have a Dell and / or vice versa, version does not believe the problem is the card and yes, some incompatibility with this bios desbloquiada my GTX880M, as they have not given me feedback about my bios, and can unlock my bios, all I have to do is wait for the return SLI7 or Johnksss =]

Hi, yes, I'm OK thanks. Well, if you don't want to hang around, you could just use the stock vBIOS then, or if you're not happy with that, then buy an 880M from a different vendor which you think will be compatible with the unlocked vBIOS. However, in my experience on these forums, different vBIOS from different manufacturers are compatible with cards from other manufacturers, as long as it's the same spec of card with the same amount of VRAM (although think I read that for 800 series cards VRAM quantity is no longer important for vBIOS flashing - could be wrong about that!).

Hey guys, I am enjoying the new vbios on my cards but had a question. On some games now my cards reach as high as 80c and then the fan goes into high gear and it drops a few degrees. Is the 880m safe running at that temp while gaming or should I think about re pasting?

Thanks

Hey guys, I am enjoying the new vbios on my cards but had a question. On some games now my cards reach as high as 80c and then the fan goes into high gear and it drops a few degrees. Is the 880m safe running at that temp while gaming or should I think about re pasting?

Thanks

This is the way I see it with GPU temps: under 90 degC ok'ish, under 80 degC good, under 70 degC excellent. It's possible that a card that operates below 70 degC will last longer than one operating under 90 degC, but it's hard to prove. GPU longevity is the main concern. Also, if you're over volting, then temperatures are more critical because higher temperatures especially when combined with overvolting will accelerate silicon degradation - this is why for instance the desktop GTX 680 reduces it's boost voltage when over 70 degC (down from 1.175V). Those are the guidelines I use, others may have different ideas of what's acceptable.

And then it all good?

Was you or was SLI7?

Its unlock my bios?

We still have a few ideas, but will need you to do that last post I posted.

Also load one game that crashes as well.

You crash on anything trying to run physics. Anything not using physics you seem to alright, but to rule this out, you need to start fresh and without all them other programs installed. That's why the instructions for a different hard drive if you have one. This way you can go right back to the original one if that does not work.

john or svl7 i tested something.

On every Alienware with 120HZ display 3D:

With vbios mod on battery = crash and freeze within 5 seconds display turn off and on and 3 second later it shutdown.

With stock vbios on battery = everything ok

tested with same driver.

Hi johnksss , i wont have another HD , and mine are on RAID 0,what`s the ideia?

- - - Updated - - -

The folks at Eurocom, is telling me that with the GTX880M Panter 5 do not work in 3D mode on the laptop, but if you plug in a tv works, ever heard of that?

Are advising me to take two 780m to play in 3D

john or svl7 i tested something.

On every Alienware with 120HZ display 3D:

With vbios mod on battery = crash and freeze within 5 seconds display turn off and on and 3 second later it shutdown.

With stock vbios on battery = everything ok

tested with same driver.

That could very well be true, since we did not have a system with 3d display. And I never thought to test it with my 3d enabled tv either.

Hi johnksss , i wont have another HD , and mine are on RAID 0,what`s the ideia?

- - - Updated - - -

The folks at Eurocom, is telling me that with the GTX880M Panter 5 do not work in 3D mode on the laptop, but if you plug in a tv works, ever heard of that?

Are advising me to take two 780m to play in 3D

No, but that does not mean it's not true. Have you tried this yet? If you don't have a 3d enabled tv then you may need to go visit a friend or computer store that will allow you to connect your laptop.

edit:

Depending on where you live, you can go to the store and buy an external esata drive. This type of drive is bootable as a hard drive.

• Brian featured this topic