NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I now have the same setup. If you let me know your settings I can try to reproduce that issue.

This settings working with the 240W ofcourse it draws more than 240w but the psu can handle it and if i plugin my 330W and run benchmark it shutdown and laptop run on battery it might be the 330W PSU not working properly cause i need to take the psu out of power source completely to work again.

1. 4x 40 multi ( 4GHZ ) and Cache x40 ( temps sometimes really high even with Liquid Ultra i get easy 85+ so i go lower on ( 4x39/38) on multi

2. voltage on static 1.140 ( i can go on 1.120v but once i run watchdogs for like 10 minutes screen stuck and laptop shutdown ) ( this happens even without GPU overclock only CPU so i believe its the low voltage on the CPU) ( i tried voltage on adaptive but while benchmark its doesnt go lower even with offsets - 50mv its jumping back to 1.2v

3. On XTU under " Other " disable the Processor integrated VR faults and efficiency mode

4. Turbo boost and short boost both 100W

5. 128 sec Turbo boost time window

6. 880M with svl7 vbios can go as high as +900mhz in memory on nvidia inspector and core i let it default 993mhz cause its getting really hot while gaming ( even with liquid ultra 85C while playing watchdogs 10min)

these settings work well with 240w PSU but i dont know why my 330W shutdown and laptop run on battery... :c bios can see it as 330w

Btw. Ive got the 3d display aswell but it doesnt run with ur vbios on battery alot of people got this problem. Once i take out the psu the display flicker and laptop stuck and shutdown. With stock vbios it works well.

Okay, I'll check it out when I get the chance. I have a 330W and the standard 240W PSU. I also have the 3d screen, so I'll try and investigate regarding the vbios issue. Does that only happen when the display is set to 120Hz or also at 60Hz?

Okay, I'll check it out when I get the chance. I have a 330W and the standard 240W PSU. I also have the 3d screen, so I'll try and investigate regarding the vbios issue. Does that only happen when the display is set to 120Hz or also at 60Hz?

it crashes on 60hz aswell on the new driver lol... and it says nvidia driver has stopped working ... i remember with a old driver i could use 60hz without crashing i just had to switch to 60 before i take out PSU but now it doesnt work lol.. i dont know whats going on all this work well with the stock.

Okay, not sure what I can do about that then, will see. Sounds like another driver mess up from Nvidia. Nothing new there... as expected tbh.

Changing to 60Hz on Battery is a good idea anyways... well on battery changing to the Intel HD will be the best idea, really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, not sure what I can do about that then, will see. Sounds like another driver mess up from Nvidia. Nothing new there... as expected tbh.

Changing to 60Hz on Battery is a good idea anyways... well on battery changing to the Intel HD will be the best idea, really.

the intel hd is disabled due to the 3D Display if im right

Hmm, interesting, I thought it should work fine. I mean 120Hz is not possible with the Intel HD, and Optimus isn't possible with 120Hz, but that doesn't mean the Intel HD doesn't work on 60Hz on eDP. I just tried it and about the time Windows should show the desktop I get a black screen. Another thing I'll have to investigate I guess. I was under the impression that it should work.

@J95 I tried my brother's Asus VG248QE today (another 144Hz monitor) and it worked like a charm with the newest nVidia drivers. I think it's confirmed now that the BenQ XL series just doesn't work well with mobile nVidia drivers. I posted on the GeForce forums, but not sure if anything will come of it.

@J95 I tried my brother's Asus VG248QE today (another 144Hz monitor) and it worked like a charm with the newest nVidia drivers. I think it's confirmed now that the BenQ XL series just doesn't work well with mobile nVidia drivers. I posted on the GeForce forums, but not sure if anything will come of it.

Keep posting, v340.52 +20 pages. Unified drivers working well.

driver not response soon i start to run 3dmarrk11. I oc click +50 and mem + 400 only with mod bios. Any idead why?

pebcak

(overclock unstable: more volts or lower core Mhz, or lower memory Mhz, voltage setting does not affect memory stability but just affects the core).

• Thumbs Up 1

pebcak

(overclock unstable: more volts or lower core Mhz, or lower memory Mhz, voltage setting does not affect memory stability but just affects the core).

I am using stock adapter 180W. Is it because power not enough? The error begun just 5-10 seconds after I run benchmark. I feel like my old 7970M can OC much better than 880M.

180W ac adapter is useless for overclocking. I have two 880s and I've popped my 330W adapter with overclocking. I imagine 180W is even closer to the limit than my machine is.

880M is 122-125W TDP.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

180W ac adapter is useless for overclocking. I have two 880s and I've popped my 330W adapter with overclocking. I imagine 180W is even closer to the limit than my machine is.

880M is 122-125W TDP.

Any place to buy 330W cheap one? I'm using Clevo chassis.

Any place to buy 330W cheap one? I'm using Clevo chassis.

Cheapest I've seen for one is 150 at laptop Parts Now but it doesn't specify if that's an oem power supply or not.

Does your machine have the standard 4 pin? Because you probably would be fine with the 220W power supply.

I would contact your reseller and see what they can do but generally you will get stuck paying 160-180 for the brick.

i know its wrong topic but, i bought the 330w to overclock and it shutdown while 3dmark the LED turn off on the PSU and laptop run on battery whats wrong? with 240w it works, the bios can see the psu as 330w so i think everything should work..

i know its wrong topic but, i bought the 330w to overclock and it shutdown while 3dmark the LED turn off on the PSU and laptop run on battery whats wrong? with 240w it works, the bios can see the psu as 330w so i think everything should work..

330W didn't work? This make me wonder whether worth to grab a new power supply or not. Which bios you are using? Mod bios or stock one? Did you OC vga? If yes, how much you OC it? Your vga temp?

SLI? Because 1.08v will overload my system with turbo boost turned off even when I run 3dmark 11 - 330W is not enough to run high voltage SLI overclocks. You definitely tripped the overload protection in that adapter so either it's faulty or you're over 330W

SLI? Because 1.08v will overload my system with turbo boost turned off even when I run 3dmark 11 - 330W is not enough to run high voltage SLI overclocks. You definitely tripped the overload protection in that adapter so either it's faulty or you're over 330W

no its a alienware 17 and i bought a new 330w for it cause it drains 280w+ if i overclock the 4910 + 880m but the 330w shutdown when i benchmark instantly like on the first 2 second when it starts and laptop running on battery

no its a alienware 17 and i bought a new 330w for it cause it drains 280w+ if i overclock the 4910 + 880m but the 330w shutdown when i benchmark instantly like on the first 2 second when it starts and laptop running on battery

Is it not a limitation of the motherboard, there might be a cap to the maximum current that can be drawn through the motherboard. If that's the case, then perhaps the 330W adapter allows extra overhead to allow a quick spike of current that overloads the motherboard and results in your immediate shutdown - which you might not see with the 240W adapter (as that might not provide high enough peak current spikes to trip the motherboard).

• Brian featured this topic