NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

That's the right one 80.04.33.00.10

Why the Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01 is the right one? What's the difference between this and the 80.04.67.00.01?

And which one of the 33.00.10 are you referring to?

Hi,

Thanks for All,

I did My Alienware Main board BIOS recovery , I just Follow the this Link BIOS Recovery in case you brick your M17x R3

But I need to modified some STEP Like this:-

Download the BIOS you wish to restore to, in my case Support | Dell US file name is AW17A11.exe

Download the BIOS editor application Phoenixtool256.zip v2.56 from - https://www.sendspace.com/file/vebtct or Download Phoenixtool256.zip

Use double click the bios EXE file (ie AW17A11.exe) to extract the BIOS exe to get the *.fd file in C:\Users\yourUSERname\AppData\Local\Temp\xxxxx.tmp and load it into the previous application(Phoenixtool256). It will tell you what the recovery file name needs to be. (Don't use Winrar to extract this BIOS exe You will never get *.fd file)

Original Bios filename was VAS00A11.fd

In my case, the A11 recovery filename was VAS00X64.fd

Copy the file to a usb stick formatted FAT/FAT32 (I use 512 MB old USB STICK FAT32)

Unplug the battery from your Alienware

Plug USB stick into any USB port (because there is no eSATA port)

Hold the "END" key on the internal keyboard and while holding plug in the Power cable. The fans will kick up and it will start reading the file and initiate the reflash.

In My case There was NO beep But Alienware Main BIOS was flashing I have waited around 5 Minutes then Machine Automatically shut off and reboot about 1 time.

So Crisis recovery Process was Succesfully DONE for Main bios.

BUT STILL my GTX880m is DEAD with BAD flash ie NO BEEP NO POST NO Display.

I just Wonder During Crisis Recovery System is using ALL USB PORT ie ALL USB having POWER.

For That I try to use BLIND FLASH but Still NO LUCK (In Autoexec BAT file i have use nvflash -6 BIOS.ROM) where BIOS.rom is my STOCK vbios file name.

Now I am looking for Another option to recover my GTX880m VBIOS:culpability:.

Thanks

Even it did not helped, it was worth to try.

You could try a different approach, as (disconnect the internal 120hz panel, than hook it onto a vga monitor ) the bios should enable the intel IGP than.

Even it did not helped, it was worth to try.

You could try a different approach, as (disconnect the internal 120hz panel, than hook it onto a vga monitor ) the bios should enable the intel IGP than.

Hi,

My GTX880m Card got Replaced under Warranty Now Again My Alienware 17x is UP and Running.

Any way System BIOS recovery Was done successfully Because I have recover my SystemBIOS (Previouse Version A10) to A11 using Above Method.

Now I will Never Update the Custom VBIOS to this System Because there is NO IGP enabled for 120Hz Screen.

Thanks.:Banane03:

After I play like a hour of TF2 on Ultra, my notebook is shutting down, maybe is something related to the custom ROM? With the old normal ROM I didn't have this problem playing the same game for much more time.

Is it overheating? That would be the first thing I would check.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Is it overheating? That would be the first thing I would check.

Yes, a little, anyway, I changed to the default ROM again. The problem is that this last WHQL Driver from Nvidia doesn't work with any 80.04.33.00.10 BIOS, nor default, nor custom. So, I'm currently using 335.23.

337.88 doesn't work? I had issues with all of them except 337.88 so I just did fresh install of Windows yesterday and only put 337.88 and my freezing hasn't happened again (yet)

I am using the stock 880M vbios though. Temps are too high for me with the mod unfortunately.

337.88 doesn't work? I had issues with all of them except 337.88 so I just did fresh install of Windows yesterday and only put 337.88 and my freezing hasn't happened again (yet)

I am using the stock 880M vbios though. Temps are too high for me with the mod unfortunately.

Yeah, it seems to be a problem that occurs ONLY with the 680M in the Sager notebooks, I already talked to Clevo/Nvidia, but nothing resolved. -.-

Stock and custom Clevo GTX 680M (80.04.33.00.10) doesn't work with the 337.88, just 335.23 or anything below that...

Yeah, it seems to be a problem that occurs ONLY with the 680M in the Sager notebooks, I already talked to Clevo/Nvidia, but nothing resolved. -.-

Stock and custom Clevo GTX 680M (80.04.33.00.10) doesn't work with the 337.88, just 335.23 or anything below that...

Hopefully they fix it soon for you!

Hopefully they fix it soon for you!

I hope, but they talked that they don't have this model to test right away, so they are trying to contact Clevo and bla bla... -.-

Maybe in the next WHQL they (Clevo + nVidia) fix this thing.

I hope, but they talked that they don't have this model to test right away, so they are trying to contact Clevo and bla bla... -.-

Maybe in the next WHQL they (Clevo + nVidia) fix this thing.

I wouldn't count on it... NVidia doesn't even care to fix it's flagship 880M, they probably will not do anything about the 680M since it's end of life

I wouldn't count on it... NVidia doesn't even care to fix it's flagship 880M, they probably will not do anything about the 680M since it's end of life

The problem is that I can't even upgrade to 880M as the this model needs a update in BIOS to support it... Well, someone needs to fix this shit, I didn't pay high $$$ to get old drivers... My next GPU probably will be an AMD. The problem seems to be specifically in the Clevo model, so this is more a Clevo fault then Nvidia.

The problem is that I can't even upgrade to 880M as the this model needs a update in BIOS to support it... Well, someone needs to fix this shit, I didn't pay high $$$ to get old drivers... My next GPU probably will be an AMD. The problem seems to be specifically in the Clevo model, so this is more a Clevo fault then Nvidia.

AMD chips die far more frequently than nVidia chips. I understand your frustration but moving to AMD will frustrate you even more. I made the same choice when I went from an 8800GTS to a Radeon 5830... Yeah I went back to nVidia immediately. The 5830 was totally unstable.

I see failure reports for 7970/8970/290X around but it's rare to see a failed nVidia chip after Fermi.

AMD chips die far more frequently than nVidia chips. I understand your frustration but moving to AMD will frustrate you even more. I made the same choice when I went from an 8800GTS to a Radeon 5830... Yeah I went back to nVidia immediately. The 5830 was totally unstable.

I see failure reports for 7970/8970/290X around but it's rare to see a failed nVidia chip after Fermi.

OMFG, short answer: we are doomed, right?

:beated:

I am using driver version 327.23 with no issues. Of course, none of my games need the newer drivers to run really well.

337.88 is working fine on the clean install but they were a mess before. I have not had a freeze in any OS - Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Linux since I reset optimized defaults in the BIOS, trashed my SSD RAID, and did a fresh install.

hey guys I'm from bavaria and need help for my

gtx 680m to overclock unfortunately remains the core clock always the same no matter what I can set in the Inspector anyone tell me why?

My laptop is a Medion x6823 Erazer PCGH with a Gtx 680m 4gb

upgraded

I'm using stock 680M SLi ROM (80.04.33.00.10) in my NP9370 and the Voltage is 0.837 V, what would change if I use the custom Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1000v?

What this higher Voltage would help me in? Would Performance in-game be better? Any chance of it harm my notebook?

I'm using stock 680M SLi ROM (80.04.33.00.10) in my NP9370 and the Voltage is 0.837 V, what would change if I use the custom Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1000v?

What this higher Voltage would help me in? Would Performance in-game be better? Any chance of it harm my notebook?

Not sure why these questions keep popping up, it's just 'overvolting & overclocking' - look that up with Google to learn about it.

• Brian featured this topic