NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

my score with 880M and 4910mq NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i3/i5/i7 4xxx,Alienware 04WT2G

my 880m also...able to hit +1000 overclock on memory its pretty crazy and i dont think its normal but the core cant even do +50 xD

I actually do think its normal unfortunately... Core won't do +50 on mine either. As soon as I make a bump to the core, when I open something 3D, the screen freezes.

I probably could get faster overclock on the memory, I've just not been tweaking much with all the problems people have had with the drivers throttling. 450 is a decent boost and is stable so that's what I leave it at when OCing now.

ethrem u got really low physicscore its not ok for such a cpu.. i got more with a 4910mq...

i can help you with XTU settings ull probably reach 10k+

post ur xtu settings here or if u got skype we can do it over there cause its offtopic here i believe

• Thumbs Up 1

What Dell vbios should I download if I want to attain 915 core (958 boost)/ 1125 memory for my 680m SLI config? I want it to be stable under load while controlling temps. My current vbios is below:

post-10000-144949977845_thumb.png

Also I plan on flashing an unlocked A10 bios and doing the dual 330w psu mod this week. Any help would be appreciated, you guys are awesome!

What Dell vbios should I download if I want to attain 915 core (958 boost)/ 1125 memory for my 680m SLI config? I want it to be stable under load while controlling temps. My current vbios is below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11864[/ATTACH]

Also I plan on flashing an unlocked A10 bios and doing the dual 330w psu mod this week. Any help would be appreciated, you guys are awesome!

I think you might be able to attain those clocks at stock voltage, or the 1V version. Try them & see how high you can go with stability & good temperatures.

Hi guys,

I'm going to give the 780M vbios a shot. I'm currently getting reasonable results at 954MHz core, although pushing it any higher than that causes it to throttle, and trying to push any on the memory makes it throttle even harder. I'm a bit concerned about my temps though, currently it evens out at 85'c in Ungine Valley, and that's with I-C Diamond 7 paste (I'm running a Clevo P170SM chassis). I've read of people getting amazing results on the same chassis with even higher clocks. I never get any artifacting or other signs of the chip being defective. Anyone running a similar chassis getting better temps?

I wouldn't be restricted to this version: Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip based on my current vbios? the ID is what I'm looking at that's confusing me

Yeah, I'd stick with a vBIOS that has the same version number if you can help it, and plus I think you'll be able to get your desired overclock on stock voltage, so you may as well use that one and see how it goes as a first step.

EDIT: based on what Mr Fox has just posted, then looks like you'll be OK flashing the ones with increased voltage. But I'd still stick with my previous advice as a first step & flash the one you linked, as you'll probably not need increased voltage to get those clocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't need to stick to a specific vBIOS version. As long as you are using the Dell 680M vBIOS on a Dell GPU and Clevo 680M vBIOS on a Clevo GPU you should be able to use any of the version numbers. Just be sure both of your GPUs are using a matching vBIOS.

If you use a modded vBIOS there will be no more GPU Boost. That's one of the things that makes the svl7/johnksss vBIOS mods better than a stock vBIOS.

Thank you @Robbo and @Mr. Fox. I managed to successfully flash an unlocked A10 Bios and a new vbios for each of my 680m cards. I went without a hitch thanks to the tutorials provided by @svl7. I'll be honest I was sweating throughout the process but it was smooth sailing all the way through the end. I want to thank you guys for helping this noob haha. I will be trying out the clocks and seeing if everything is stable with controllable temps. I am currently running on 4.2 on all cores without a hitch. After I play around with some clocks I'll give you guys a heads up on my progress! :chuncky:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I have my Flex VID set to 0, a four core 4.2 overclock on the cpu, a 2133 RAM overclock, and 980/1150 graphics clocks on the 680m SLI config. Temps are rarely above, if ever above 85 degrees in 3d mark 11 benchmarking. Graphics card 0 max is 66 degrees, and card 1 max at 74. My score jumped from P11476 to P14217! Things are looking good and even more performance can be squeezed out with the dual psu mod once i put it together this week.

• Thumbs Up 2

ethrem u got really low physicscore its not ok for such a cpu.. i got more with a 4910mq...

i can help you with XTU settings ull probably reach 10k+

post ur xtu settings here or if u got skype we can do it over there cause its offtopic here i believe

You've got PM. I have been figuring that this chip just sucks compared to the 4910mq that everyone has and gave up on it.

Hi everyone,

I have been looking forward to overclock my GTX 675MX and install a modded VBIOS. But the thing is, I was sure that I bought a GTX 675MX with 2Go of memory for my XMG P502, this was stated on the receipt too.

If I check with GPU-Z it says that the card has 4096MB available, and I only see a modded VBIOS for the CLEVO GTX 765MX here, so is this the file I am looking for?

Has someone an idea?

Thanks

• Bios Modder
Hi everyone,

I have been looking forward to overclock my GTX 675MX and install a modded VBIOS. But the thing is, I was sure that I bought a GTX 675MX with 2Go of memory for my XMG P502, this was stated on the receipt too.

If I check with GPU-Z it says that the card has 4096MB available, and I only see a modded VBIOS for the CLEVO GTX 765MX here, so is this the file I am looking for?

Has someone an idea?

Thanks

XMG and Clevo is the same barebone. You can use vbios from Clevo.

XMG and Clevo is the same barebone. You can use vbios from Clevo.

Yes I know that, my question whas about the memory of the card, and the availability of a compatible modified vbios.

Is it safe to trust the memory reading of gpu-z? To be sure that I have 4Go and not 2Go of memory.

Thanks

I'd actually really love to see some pics of your mod.

It's a work in process. Right now I don't have pics and the foam is gone because it was just held in place temporarily by tape. After taking the bottom cover off a few times it was loose and getting into the GPU fan. Currently I have a rather large open hole where the "grill" once was. I have some black wire mesh I want put over the hole to keep stuff out of it. Right now I am working out of town so it will be a while before I get to it. When I do I will make a separate thread. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a work in process. Right now I don't have pics and the foam is gone because it was just held in place temporarily by tape. After taking the bottom cover off a few times it was loose and getting into the GPU fan. Currently I have a rather large open hole where the "grill" once was. I have some black wire mesh I want put over the hole to keep stuff out of it. Right now I am working out of town so it will be a while before I get to it. When I do I will make a separate thread. ;)

Yeah man that'd be awesome to see. Custom cooling mods (that look good) are a step forward in overclocking/managing temps, so I'm always interested to see custom solutions that don't look like garbage.

Yeah man that'd be awesome to see. Custom cooling mods (that look good) are a step forward in overclocking/managing temps, so I'm always interested to see custom solutions that don't look like garbage.

Eh... the dremel got away from me a couple of times. It doesn't look fantastic, but it is functional.

Sent with love from my Galaxy S4

Eh... the dremel got away from me a couple of times. It doesn't look fantastic, but it is functional.

It's one thing to have the underside have some over-dremel, it's a whole other thing to cut a 3" hole in the bottom and superglue a 5V fan to the underside.

It's one thing to have the underside have some over-dremel, it's a whole other thing to cut a 3" hole in the bottom and superglue a 5V fan to the underside.

hahahaha! Right you are sir! [emoji12]

• Bios Modder
Yes I know that, my question whas about the memory of the card, and the availability of a compatible modified vbios.

Is it safe to trust the memory reading of gpu-z? To be sure that I have 4Go and not 2Go of memory.

Thanks

Yes, in your case you can trust the memory reading of gpu-z.

Hi guys, quick question,

I have a Clevo P170EM with a 680M, it plays games just fine, but in some situations it could use the extra kick in performance to improve fps from the 40-50 range to 60+. I usually overclock it the maximum it allows in the core (stock bios) and be done with it. It runs flawlessly with some games pushing it to over 85º (currently with hot weather with AC trying to refrigerate the room) while other it hovers in 82º. I don´t know if the fan is already at max speed and can't seem to find that out, any software that can read this information accurately?

Having this temperatures in mind, is it safe to update the bios to Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip? From what I've read, this will only unlock the core frequency, the same overclock should be safe and I can slowly try to push it forward?

Thank's for the support guys!

• Brian featured this topic