NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

That could very well be true, since we did not have a system with 3d display. And I never thought to test it with my 3d enabled tv either.

any way to fix this ? can i give you my original 880 bios so u can mod it for a donation ofc.

I do not own a 3d display or 880m setup so no way to guarantee that would even work in the end. That would become a trial and error sort of thing. I have an idea or two, but would need to talk with svl7 on it.

I do not own a 3d display or 880m setup so no way to guarantee that would even work in the end. That would become a trial and error sort of thing. I have an idea or two, but would need to talk with svl7 on it.

with my 880 stock bios it should work or not? i mean its the stock original one..

They all started from a stock original vbios my friend. :)

yea but the problem should be within the vbios so if i post it will it help you guys?

i mean if i flash the stock vbios and it works...it must be something within the vbios right?

no way to find the difference?

Sure, it's in the vbios because we did not test for 3d. We did not have a 3d setup for testing nor an sli setup for testing.

And using your vbios is still going to bring the same exact changes as the modded one will. And 3d will not work again.

Like i mentioned earlier. I think I may know why, but will need to talk it over with him and see what we will do about it.

Sure, it's in the vbios because we did not test for 3d. We did not have a 3d setup for testing nor an sli setup for testing.

And using your vbios is still going to bring the same exact changes as the modded one will. And 3d will not work again.

Like i mentioned earlier. I think I may know why, but will need to talk it over with him and see what we will do about it.

Well i never said 3D doesnt work...3D works without problems, its just once u take out PSU its freezing but after some testing...

Running Display on 60Hz does not freeze anymore on battery.

Once Turning up the HZ on 100 - 110 - 120 its frozen.

i hope this can help us. this proves its 100% the refresh rate. That might change to the iGPU and its not able to handle 120HZ even though its disabled... so it just freeze...while the stock bios can handle this situation.

That means the vbios mod been made on a system which had iGPU enabled to switch on incase bad bios flash i believe its how u guys testing the vbios.

So the answer should be within the original vbios. If svl7 need it ill post it. Else i am stuck with the stock vbios ;(

Well i never said 3D doesnt work...3D works without problems, its just once u take out PSU its freezing but after some testing...

i hope this can help us. this proves its 100% the refresh rate. That might change to the iGPU and its not able to handle 120HZ even though its disabled... so it just freeze...while the stock bios can handle this situation.

That means the vbios mod been made on a system which had iGPU enabled to switch on incase bad bios flash i believe its how u guys testing the vbios.

So the answer should be within the original vbios. If svl7 need it ill post it. Else i am stuck with the stock vbios ;(

There is no iGPU enabled on 3D configurations afaik because the screen always starts at 120hz and the Intel HD cannot "boot" at that refresh rate.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have no problems with 120hz on my Sager NP9377... I don't think there is anything wrong with the vbios unless there is something specific I should be looking for...

Off battery

1zm2x36.png

On battery

wirqlu.png

Just wondering if it's anything to do with the modified inf file that people are sometimes using with their 120Hz screens. Different laptops & different GPUs have different 'Section Numbers' that are referred to in the inf file for NVidia driver install. I'm thinking it would be best to overwrite lines in the modded inf file that were previously used for 120Hz versions of the laptop that you use - overwritten with just the correct Device ID for the 880M so that it will install - this way I'm thinking the right 'Section Numbers' will be referenced during driver install. This is just a long shot, something I thought of and thought it better to write here, rather than just keep to myself. (Those that know how to mod their own inf files might know what I'm referring to).

I have no problems with 120hz on my Sager NP9377... I don't think there is anything wrong with the vbios unless there is something specific I should be looking for...

Off battery

1zm2x36.png

On battery

wirqlu.png

we got different mobos clevo/alienware... u also got sli and probably u could disable the igpu on bios while the alienware 17 new model has no such bios function and i believe its already disabled i really have no idea now...all i can say is it doesnt happen with the stock vbios...while it happens with the vbios mod. If i turn 60HZ it works lol...i am confused...there is no intel hd drivers and if i try to instal they cant find it so its disabled.

its something within the vbios if this doesnt happen with the stock...

is ur display 3D ? or just 120Hz

Well my iGPU is disabled as well due to the 120hz screen. The dGPU has to be hooked up directly in order for 120hz to function so iGPU is disabled regardless. This is a tech limitation on nVidia's side so you shouldn't have an iGPU either. I was just saying that it didn't happen on my machine so its a factor other than just a simple 120hz issue, that's all. Hope it gets sorted for you.

Well my iGPU is disabled as well due to the 120hz screen. The dGPU has to be hooked up directly in order for 120hz to function so iGPU is disabled regardless. This is a tech limitation on nVidia's side so you shouldn't have an iGPU either. I was just saying that it didn't happen on my machine so its a factor other than just a simple 120hz issue, that's all. Hope it gets sorted for you.

ya right now i am back on stock because once we lose power in the city my alienware freeze and i lose all my work lol...so i prefer stock right now

ya right now i am back on stock because once we lose power in the city my alienware freeze and i lose all my work lol...so i prefer stock right now

I don't blame you, I would prefer stock too if that was my situation!

I reverted back to the stock VBIOS for now for 3 reasons:

1. To play it safe, I don't want my GPU to crash and be stuck in NVIDIA's new cripple mode again.

2. The GPUs just get too hot, up to 85°C each on FireMark 1.1, looks like I need to repaste if I want to enjoy the GPUs always running at 993Mhz (since the laptop is brand new, I'd say DELL's paste is below average).

3. While this looks neat in benchmarks, the ingame performance gains do not seem to be worth the trouble of experiencing unexpected issues, games just don't perform that much better on the modded VBIOS than they do on the stock one (you'd gain 3-6fps on average I'd say and the SLI setup can just run pretty much anything out of the box anyway).

The modded VBIOS seems a great way to increase the laptop's lifespan however, as in repaste with liquid ultra, flash the modded VBIOS and OC once your setup can't run all games at ultra anymore (if you don't want to invest in a new laptop too soon) so I guess I'll wait for a while before I reflash it (or a newer version) again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I reverted back to the stock VBIOS for now for 3 reasons:

1. To play it safe, I don't want my GPU to crash and be stuck in NVIDIA's new cripple mode again.

2. The GPUs just get too hot, up to 85°C each on FireMark 1.1, looks like I need to repaste if I want to enjoy the GPUs always running at 993Mhz (since the laptop is brand new, I'd say DELL's paste is below average).

3. While this looks neat in benchmarks, the ingame performance gains do not seem to be worth the trouble of experiencing unexpected issues, games just don't perform that much better on the modded VBIOS than they do on the stock one (you'd gain 3-6fps on average I'd say and the SLI setup can just run pretty much anything out of the box anyway).

The modded VBIOS seems a great way to increase the laptop's lifespan however, as in repaste with liquid ultra, flash the modded VBIOS and OC once your setup can't run all games at ultra anymore (if you don't want to invest in a new laptop too soon) so I guess I'll wait for a while before I reflash it (or a newer version) again.

something wrong, i repaste with liquid ultra and i got like -9 but now after days... it isnt that much better....

i mean the first day i had -9 on test but now...did i repaste wrong? i did really thin is it wrong?

• Brian featured this topic