NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

That's a good question, because your vBIOS file version doesn't match any of the 770M files on page 1 of this thread. I don't know which one is going to be compatible, either someone else can speak up if they know the answer, or I would google to see what other p150sm users have done re unlocked vBIOS flashing.

Thanks!

Is there any risk flashing the modified VBIOS with the 0F?

Can I recover it?

As seen in: Change Erazer X7813 Graphics Card - Page 2 - Medion - 4 Gamers Notebooks

The OP flashed from .30 to .11 MSI VBIOS...

I will try soon after the admin unlocks my user permissions...

Thanks again!

EDIT: haha, just got unlocked after posting this... Hopefully flashing it isn't risky... One more question, does the MSI/ASUS version works with CLEVO?

As seen in: Change Erazer X7813 Graphics Card - Page 2 - Medion - 4 Gamers Notebooks

The OP flashed from .30 to .11 MSI VBIOS...

I will try soon after the admin unlocks my user permissions...

Thanks again!

EDIT: haha, just got unlocked after posting this... Hopefully flashing it isn't risky... One more question, does the MSI/ASUS version works with CLEVO?

I tried the clevo 675mx vbios with my MSI once. It didn't brick completely but I couldn't use the card until I flashed the msi vbios again. So most likely flashing an asus or msi vbios on a clevo would do the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried the clevo 675mx vbios with my MSI once. It didn't brick completely but I couldn't use the card until I flashed the msi vbios again. So most likely flashing an asus or msi vbios on a clevo would do the same thing.

Thanks!

Hmm, there are 3 770m files, is the first one generic? no subvendor?

Thank you all!!

Worked perfectly!

Special thanks for svl7 for making this possible...

Just for future attempts:

Specs:

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M

- Device ID: 10DE - 11E0

- Original subvendor and modded by Nvidia 770m - 80.06.51.00.0F 'OC edition' : CLEVO/KAPOK (1558)

-Before and after driver: nvlddmkm 9.18.13.3489 (ForceWare 334.89) / Win8.1 64

-REV: A1

-Stock VBIOS: 80.06.51.00.30 (P2303-1e00)

Now I got to fix the crashing problem when passing +130Mhz, cant raise the voltage in Afterburner...

EDIT: Fixed with the newer Nvidia Inspector and raised voltage by + 75mv and +200mhz core and memory

Thank you all!!

Worked perfectly!

Special thanks for svl7 for making this possible...

Just for future attempts:

Specs:

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M

- Device ID: 10DE - 11E0

- Original subvendor and modded by Nvidia 770m - 80.06.51.00.0F 'OC edition' : CLEVO/KAPOK (1558)

-Before and after driver: nvlddmkm 9.18.13.3489 (ForceWare 334.89) / Win8.1 64

-REV: A1

-Stock VBIOS: 80.06.51.00.30 (P2303-1e00)

Nice, now go post some benchmarks while on stock and OCed.

I am planning on getting the 780m on the alienware 17 and I noticed that the clocks for it are quite low at 771/797Mhz. So would the unlocked BIOS increase the clocks by default? I ask because I have seen screenshots of 780Ms with default clocks of 850MHz.

I have a cyberpower pc fangboox x7-100 with the 675mx 4gb, its basically the same exact as the msi notebook, would the msi 675mx 4gb bios work with mine? i am trying to oc my card and i can oc the mem speed but not the core clock, it lets me +135 but it doesnt actually do it. so im guessing its locked in bios?

i have the cyberpower pc fangbook x7-100 with 675mx 4gb and im pretty sure its the same thing as the msi notebook version and i cant get my core clock to oc even though in msi or precision x i set core clock to +135, i have read that it is locked to not let me oc the core, would the msi 675mx 4gb bios you have up here work with my fangbook?

I am planning on getting the 780m on the alienware 17 and I noticed that the clocks for it are quite low at 771/797Mhz. So would the unlocked BIOS increase the clocks by default? I ask because I have seen screenshots of 780Ms with default clocks of 850MHz.

The 780m vbios posted here has a stock core clock of 850Mhz. So yes, it would increase clocks by default.

I noticed that after updating my 780m vbios I get screen crash when OC GPU's +100 clock/300 memory. Screen driver get banana, I checked tray and its not a problem with throtling, temps ~65 C.

Any idea what is the reason? Laptop m18 - 780m SLI.

Thanks

• Bios Modder
so the G750 JH is already out and i am wondering if anyone is going to attempt at an unlocked bios for it (780m).

http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/4638-overclocking-asus-g750jh-gtx780m.html

- - - Updated - - -

help anyone? i am really interested in unlocking my bios, ive always ocd my vid cards before but never had to do any of this as they were always desktop versions and not locked down m versions

Put here your dump vbios.

I noticed that after updating my 780m vbios I get screen crash when OC GPU's +100 clock/300 memory. Screen driver get banana, I checked tray and its not a problem with throtling, temps ~65 C.

Any idea what is the reason? Laptop m18 - 780m SLI.

Thanks

Might just be an unstable overclock, maybe try increasing the voltage a little, experiment to see what works & is stable.

So I saw lots of useful info here, and decided it would be a good thing to further the cause. :Banane36:

I am looking for the mods to make the GTX 780m work in my Clevo P170EM.

There is info all over the place, rather than reading through 300 or so posts, was wondering if it is possible to achieve this insertion. if so can someone point me to where the BIOS and vBios mods are.

I like reading about what some of you dudes here do with lappies, I love cranking things up also and getting the max out of a system where ever possible.

Pity Clevo is too mean to open these Bios and allow us to really crank these machines to the highest level.

Yeah sure they have to look out for "warranties" and so on, but they can do what other vendors do, just send it back as OC'd so no warranty.

OC at your own risk and so on should be the order of the day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:Banane04:

• Bios Modder
Thanks so i just flash this to my vbios and my card will be unlocked

Yes! Your just flash this mod to your card and it will be unlocked.

Beer? Like it. Just send me PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

I realize I'm slightly late to this party, but I have an MSI gt60 with the 680m, and i've been reading through this thread getting tips on the best way to flash the vbios. Can anyone who has done this before with my card tell me whats best to start off with voltage wise?

• Brian featured this topic