NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

i think the gpu is throttling when i run furmark it says " throttling -300 mhz " wtf

Lots of NVidia GPUs throttle when running Furmark. NVidia have done this so that the cards don't get damaged, they automatically throttle the cards when they realise it's Furmark running. I wouldn't use Furmark for testing - it places excessive unrealistic loads on the GPU. Use something like Unigine Heaven Benchmark for extended temperature & stability testing.

I'm inclined to think that your lower 3DMark scores that you were complaining about is due to only have one memory stick - as pointed out by Klem. You've also received suggestions from everyone else on this thread about things you can check, I'm not sure anyone else has any more input for you apart from what's already been mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 2

my 675mx starts @ 1.037volts .. after a while it throttles down to 1.012 ... that kinda bad for my overclock ... how can i fix that ? vbios flashed from here

That's due to the VBIOS, you would have to flash a different one, but I don't think an updated one for that GPU exists in this thread at the moment.

is a vbios voltage of 1.075 very risky ?

Hard to say. I certainly think it would be if it's not cooled properly & you end up with temperatures over 90 degC. The higher the temperatures, then the greater the rate of silicon degradation that can occur, which is exacerbated by higher voltage at the same time. So, if you're using a lot of volts, then you want to keep the core cool. That's how NVidia GPU Boost 2.0 works, if temperatures allow then it increases the voltage & clocks. The 750M operates up to 1.118V from what I've seen in some laptops, and that particular GPU was at 67degC (Notebookcheck.net GPUz sensor graph). So, I don't think high voltage is dangerous with low temperatures, but talking from my own experience the amount of current draw increases rapidly with increased voltage (supposedly at a rate of voltage increase squared). Increased current consumption means more heat if your cooling system is already running at its maximum capacity, so you'll hit a temperature limit soon enough. I guess in theory up to 1.1V could be safe if temperatures & power consumption are OK. I don't think you want your MXM board consuming that much more than 100W (less than 120W I would venture) even if temperatures are good - it could place too much stress on the board components of the GPU or possibly on some other part of the laptop that supplies the power to the MXM slot. (Not sure if all of this is correct - just my theorising based on a little knowledge & experience). Most laptops will likely run into thermal boundaries before power & voltage limitations though.

Thank you very much for your detailed text. The card is running currently on 1,087V. and it seemes to be fine but i think i set the voltage back to 1,075 V. My temperatures are quite well! the gpu is never over 80 degC!!!! i think thats quite fine and my fan only blows at 60 percent!!! :) because i control the fan with pherein fan tool. this tool is highly recommendable!!!

That's due to the VBIOS, you would have to flash a different one, but I don't think an updated one for that GPU exists in this thread at the moment.

got that sorted out .. another problem is that the GPU suddenly downclocks to 324 core and 800 mem, and stays there till i restart ... im running oc @1066core and 2500mem ... its stable ... volts start @1.050 then dropping to 1.025 ...

anyone got the same problem ????

got that sorted out .. another problem is that the GPU suddenly downclocks to 324 core and 800 mem, and stays there till i restart ... im running oc @1066core and 2500mem ... its stable ... volts start @1.050 then dropping to 1.025 ...

anyone got the same problem ????

What VBIOS are you using? svl7 hasn't done a voltage adjustable 675MX VBIOS. As far as I know it's his latest voltage adjustable VBIOS's that don't have the 25mv voltage drop. If you're using someone else's VBIOS & posting in this thread, then what's the point of that, this thread is for his VBIOS's, not for any other random VBIOS found elsewhere - it's counter-productive to have postings related to other peoples VBIOS in this thread. That's just my opinion though, I'm not a moderator.

Just wanted to know, If you happen to have a bad flash, can you reboot and reflash the origanl vbios? (provided you backed it up).. Im just trying to make sure i got all my ducks in line for when I flash my card...

i aready flashed it back once when i used a Vbios that only the voltage was increased

but that gave me a lower score so i flashed back to the original Vbios

with the bad flash my screen got totaly dark and mouse and keyboard weren't working

so followed the instructions svI7 gave me to make a uefi bios on a hard drive, change some settings in the uefi bios

and than put the brickcard back in

now i see, in my case the HP logo;) , but very small

cant start the system from usb to go into dos or to do a blind flash

so i am waiting for further instructions:encouragement:

greetz

Hi svl7 ive been thinking of flashing my vbios since with stock bios and msi afterburner @ +135(max) im still below 60 (often lower) degrees celsious so i want to OC core clock more till its around 70-75'C to se how high it can go with okay temps

without modding the cooling of my laptop (msi GT70 2OC, gtx770m with win8.1 64bit)

its my first time flashing vbios ever so i wanna make sure i do everything right. and i dont mind beeing lexured in the procces ;-)

the msi gtx770m vbios you have put up has the same bios version as mine (80.06.54.00.11) but mine says also says "(P2303-1e00)" after bios version in GPU-Z. (subvendor MSI 1462)

and im wondering if your modded bios is compatoble with my card?

also im wondering what has been changed in the modded bios if anything except ofc the removal of the limitations lite max 135 core clock etc?

just making sure so it isnt allready OC settings in the bios that my origional cooling system might not hande..

if you want a donation in exchange for the help(use of you vbios just let me know!!

• Brian featured this topic