NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Here are my overclock settings from my gtx770m. For everybody who is interested in overclocking his gtx770m. :)

PS: I'm not responsable for any damage on your vga-card!

for me this settings are stable ;)

my temperatures are never over 75 Celcius

post-20757-14494996826611_thumb.png

post-20757-14494996827266_thumb.png

post-20757-14494996827639_thumb.png

I have an exotic pc unbranded msi gt60 barebones laptop with a gtx 675mx card and I'm having a real difficult time finding any information on unlocking this card and flashing a new bios , it's the 2gb version and all the info I've found have been on the 4G version. When I run gpuz I can't save my bios , i get a message saying this device is not upported ,so I'm assuming it's a factory locked card . If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it, I just want to be able to tweak the card a little to get just a touch more out of it since mobile gpu cards are so damn expensive to replace.

Thanks in advance

I have an exotic pc unbranded msi gt60 barebones laptop with a gtx 675mx card and I'm having a real difficult time finding any information on unlocking this card and flashing a new bios , it's the 2gb version and all the info I've found have been on the 4G version. When I run gpuz I can't save my bios , i get a message saying this device is not upported ,so I'm assuming it's a factory locked card . If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it, I just want to be able to tweak the card a little to get just a touch more out of it since mobile gpu cards are so damn expensive to replace.

Thanks in advance

How about trying to flash the 675MX 2GB unlocked VBIOS on page 1 of this thread? This is the name of it: MSI 675mx (2GB) - 80.04.58.00.14_'OCedition'_rev00.zip

It is a bit concerning that you can't save your existing VBIOS from GPUz, and I hope that it's not indicative of you not being able to flash a modified VBIOS, but I don't know about that. I guess you can try to flash that VBIOS I mentioned above to see if it works. I don't think that one gives you overvolting support, but it will at least remove the +135Mhz overclocking limit.

What is the high value u can set for core clock without increase the voltage? (GTX 670mx)

Well, I can get 928Mhz long term gaming stable on the core at stock voltage of 0.925V. It will vary from individual card to card, just luck of the draw.

The attached pic are the long term gaming stable overvolts & overclocks that I can achieve - interesting that it's a linear relationship.

post-14345-14494996835901_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I can get 928Mhz long term gaming stable on the core at stock voltage of 0.925V. It will vary from individual card to card, just luck of the draw.

The attached pic are the long term gaming stable overvolts & overclocks that I can achieve - interesting that it's a linear relationship.

What happen if i increase core clock up to 928Mhz without increase the voltage? Crash?

What happen if i increase core clock up to 928Mhz without increase the voltage? Crash?

C'mon man, just do a google on how to overclock. All chips are different & stable at different voltages. If not stable, increase voltage, as long as temperatures & power consumption are ok.

C'mon man, just do a google on how to overclock. All chips are different & stable at different voltages. If not stable, increase voltage, as long as temperatures & power consumption are ok.

Ummm. my laptop has some temperature problems when play games, i am worried about increase the voltage.

Hi from Spain. Bought last year a clevo p170em with gtx 680m. It came with 1.00.07 bios and 1.00.04 ec/kbc. A month ago found this forum and yesterday downloaded vbios ov1.025v from svl7. Thanks mate!.

Now. Thought that the bios I had was compatible despite reading that was recomended the last one. The post were from july 2012 and did not realized that was updated so i flashed the vbios and then at restart there was a message like INTEL IVY BRIDGE SVGA BIOS DECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED and could not even enter the bios. Thought WOW just fucking broken the pc.

After calm down myself had an idea. It was to remove gpu and restart. It worked cause i was able to enter bios again but with an anoying beeps after few secons. Then shut off the pc and used another pc to download the latest ec/kbc 1.02.12 and latest bios 1.02.17 from april 2013. Made a booteable usb and used then in my clevo p170em to flash both. After that i plugged again the gpu and voila it worked again.

Today i was able to overclock 980/2300 my card and seems stable playing games like AC4.

Temp reaches almost 90 degrees with unigen 4.0 and wonder if u guys use something like notepal cooler master x3 to cool down the laptop. Already cleaned fans and repaste with artic silver 5.

See u around and hope this may help someone in the same scenario.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9205 mediante Tapatalk

Hi from Spain. Bought last year a clevo p170em with gtx 680m. It came with 1.00.07 bios and 1.00.04 ec/kbc. A month ago found this forum and yesterday downloaded vbios ov1.025v from svl7. Thanks mate!.

Now. Thought that the bios I had was compatible despite reading that was recomended the last one. The post were from july 2012 and did not realized that was updated so i flashed the vbios and then at restart there was a message like INTEL IVY BRIDGE SVGA BIOS DECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED and could not even enter the bios. Thought WOW just fucking broken the pc.

After calm down myself had an idea. It was to remove gpu and restart. It worked cause i was able to enter bios again but with an anoying beeps after few secons. Then shut off the pc and used another pc to download the latest ec/kbc 1.02.12 and latest bios 1.02.17 from april 2013. Made a booteable usb and used then in my clevo p170em to flash both. After that i plugged again the gpu and voila it worked again.

Today i was able to overclock 980/2300 my card and seems stable playing games like AC4.

Temp reaches almost 90 degrees with unigen 4.0 and wonder if u guys use something like notepal cooler master x3 to cool down the laptop. Already cleaned fans and repaste with artic silver 5.

See u around and hope this may help someone in the same scenario.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9205 mediante Tapatalk

i have a clevo 170em to.

svl7, this http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/general-notebook-discussions/8412d1374226559-clevo-670mx-3gb-80.04.58.00.03-oc-edition_rev02.zip have stock voltages?? thx.

• Bios Modder
That's very good! He beat me by 5%, I hadn't seen anyone post higher scores than mine - oh well! :-) Do you know what voltage he ran it at?

Yes, of course. :) This bios is my mod. :) Voltage for this result is 1,1V, and of course after 60C it dropped to 1,075V.

Yes, of course. :) This bios is my mod. :) Voltage for this result is 1,1V, and of course after 60C it dropped to 1,075V.

Ok, good job! Why did you design for it to drop 25mv above 60degC? To protect the GPU? How did you choose/arrive at 60 degC as the critical point?

• Brian featured this topic