NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

• Founder
I thought you were going with Dell cards this time. I should have known you would not switch. :D

Haha nope, thought about it and wanted the extra vram. Never know when it might come in useful.

Kind of makes a difference which card you are using.

Ummmm, who told you you could run that on a dell card?:boxing::D j/k

Not enough voltage to do that my friend. And as of right now. No fix is in place for this. You can do 900 to about 950. Depending on room temp.

Let me know on what scene you are in in battlefield and i'll will run through the same exact part and check my fps against yours.

Depends on your room temp and what over clock you are trying to get away with.

Sigh.. I honestly should of just gotten an m17x R4 w/ 660m (Dell wanted $500 for the 680m). Then wait 2 months and buy a 4GB 680m for $600. Then I wouldn't have to deal with this. I don't have BF3 yet. I'll get it soon. I changed my vbios to the OC OV edition. So now I am using 889/1800 (default with the modded vbios). Funny thing is.. I got my best 3Dmark11 score with the stock bios with +42 increase. I throttle with the default settings for the OC OV edition.

• Founder
Sigh.. I honestly should of just gotten an m17x R4 w/ 660m (Dell wanted $500 for the 680m). Then wait 2 months and buy a 4GB 680m for $600. Then I wouldn't have to deal with this. I don't have BF3 yet. I'll get it soon. I changed my vbios to the OC OV edition. So now I am using 889/1800 (default with the modded vbios). Funny thing is.. I got my best 3Dmark11 score with the stock bios with +42 increase. I throttle with the default settings for the OC OV edition.

What you really need is an OC + UV vbios. I think @svl7 already made one for @johnksss so ask svl7 and he might upload it.

can somebody help me where to download the clevo 680m oc ov? because in the first thread theres only clevo oc and no download link for the ov vbios. because i try the msi ov yes its work but msi vbios does not support sli.

thanks

can somebody help me where to download the clevo 680m oc ov? because in the first thread theres only clevo oc and no download link for the ov vbios. because i try the msi ov yes its work but msi vbios does not support sli.

thanks

What do you mean (because i try the msi ov yes its work but msi vbios does not support sli) ?

Do you got SLi or not? Sli gpus will only support 1.012v vbios and down.

But if you only got singel 680m you can ov up to 1.1 v.

Hi, I'm new to the whole OC'ing side of laptop gaming and wanted to ask some pretty noob questions regarding vbios flashing.

I don't really know how the whole vbios works, but my gist so far is that it unlocks the core clocking and memory clocking past the initial factory programming. I was wondering is there would be an impact in flashing different vbios for the same GTX 680M if they're all based on the GTX 680M like for example me flashing a Clevo vbios on my MSI.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated since I don't want to brick my GPU.

What do you mean (because i try the msi ov yes its work but msi vbios does not support sli) ?

Do you got SLi or not? Sli gpus will only support 1.012v vbios and down.

But if you only got singel 680m you can ov up to 1.1 v.

yes i got sli system m18x r2 but with 4gb clevo card. i try clevo oc vbios everything works fine. i try the msi vbios and sli option in nvidia setting gone.

thanks for the information about sli system only support up to 1.012v. but where can i find clevo vbios with that voltage mod?

thanks

yes i got sli system m18x r2 but with 4gb clevo card. i try clevo oc vbios everything works fine. i try the msi vbios and sli option in nvidia setting gone.

thanks for the information about sli system only support up to 1.012v. but where can i find clevo vbios with that voltage mod?

thanks

Pm me your email and I send it to you.

The vbios will most likely cuse your gpus to throttle, but will not affect SLi.

Do you guys get any throttling in any thing else? I mean, out of all the games and benchmarks other than 3dmark11 test 1? Anyone?

For anybody interested in another stress test, Stanford recently updated their assignment servers with the Dell GTX680m device ID's.

post-6674-14494993842091_thumb.png

I've been getting a solid 22,000 PPD using both cards. 24/7 stable and running cool on 850 base ROM (no OV or OC).

post-6674-14494993841748_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I can get 900/2250 (+50, +450) with the 850 non-OV version. It does not throttle with the heaven demo. But I have not pushed it hard yet. That will happen this weekend.

Did not manage to do any specific benchmarking, but I managed to run at 950/2250 (+100, +450) for about 6-7 hours with various games and no throttling according to MSI afterburner. The GPU and memory speed graphs are just nice and flat and at the values I expect to see (~980 MhZ for GPU and 2250 for the memory). The GPU utilisation was about 97% and the temp never exceeded 80C.

next weekend, I'll try pushing it further. looks like the 850 non OV non OC version has lots of headroom.

I manage to get mine stable at 895/2480. I also tried higher clocks in heaven that seemed to be stable, but when I launch Trine 2 (very gpu intensive game) the gpus starts throttling within a minute.

Even with these low clocks the gpu may throttle after playing for 1-2 hours, but easy to solve by using fn1 a few minutes.

I also noticed that memmory clocks give pretty high fps increase with these cards.

New Clevo version added, 915MHz default clock, clocks adjustable, slightly undervolted. Let me know how it performs.

Seems to work pretty well on my system, but haven't tested it for a long time. Grab it in the second post.

• Thumbs Up 2

TEST Versions:

Here some test versions. They're safe to flash but since I don't have access a lot of cards I can't test them all myself.

If you decide to flash one of the test versions, please provide some feedback. This is crucial for me, I need to hear from you how well it works!

So let me know how it performs and if possible add some GPU-Z log files so that I can see how it behaves.

The following three vbios are based on the MSI GTX680m (4GB version):

• 'OC edition' comes with unlocked software overclocking limits so you can get past the +135MHz core limit.
  • +200MHz version adds 200MHz on the base 3d core, there are two versions. Would like to know how well they work. Both have slightly higher 3d voltages values since it won't be stable else.

These three vbios are based on the latest Dell GTX 680m vbios:

• 850 base - 889 boost -> pretty self-explanatory, no additional changes
  • 'OV' -> slightly increased 3d voltage
  • 'OV - OC' -> slightly increased 3d voltage and increased software overclocking limits

Based on the Clevo 680m vbios:

• 'OCedition' -> higher limits for software overclocking
  • '915 MHz default' - self explanatory ;)

ASUS G55VW BIOS:

- 660m unlocked software OC limits

OMFGGGGGGGGGG.........!!!!!!!!!! Trying the NEW CLEVO SOON!!! U THE MAN!!! :D:D I'll post back anything I find man!!!! PROPS! :D

- - - Updated - - -

New Clevo version added, 915MHz default clock, clocks adjustable, slightly undervolted. Let me know how it performs.

Seems to work pretty well on my system, but haven't tested it for a long time. Grab it in the second post.

About this version, have you encountered any throttling? (I'm interested in your experience, I'll share mine later on tonight.) I understood from some of your posts a while ago that you were trying to disable throttling completely; how'd that go!?

Also, whats the memory clock at with this VBIOS? (I can't test it right away and I'm curious!)

Well it looks like P150hm doesn't boot anymore , the screen and shows the BIOS symbol but doesn't start The start up process and it bleeps 3 times and then goes to a screen with a blinking underscore on the top right ,will a autobat file fix this by flashing the original vbios on it

No, if you overclock it too high or your card gets too warm it will still throttle, but I didn't experience any throttling with this at 915MHz. Memory is stock, but overclockable.

@Killerinstinct: if you wait i think you can boot, same thing happen to me (on my HM) with original version of this vbios 80.04.33.00.10, but after a long time (average 4mn) the laptop continue his boot process.

Then with a usb key you can flash your backup vbios. This newer vbios version of clevo card is not compatible with The P1XXHM series, i think that this vbios must have new features (maybe UEFI support). Beware P1XXHM owner Don't Flash with vbioses based on 80.04.33.00.10.

The only version compatible with clevo GTX680m in P150HM are the one based on MSI_FD vbios and the 80.04.29.00.01 (original and modded vbios).

• Thumbs Up 1

Well it looks like P150hm doesn't boot anymore , the screen and shows the BIOS symbol but doesn't start The start up process and it bleeps 3 times and then goes to a screen with a blinking underscore on the top right ,will a autobat file fix this by flashing the original vbios on it
It doesn't post , it shows the BIOS screen then beeps 3 times then goes to a blank screen with a blinking underscore so it doesn't look like I can boot the USB but I will see if I can

Well, this vbios does have uefi support, but it shouldn't matter for you, unless the Clevo system comes with a really crappy bios and can't properly handle the image. It works flawlessly in my 'ancient' M15x with old school non-EFI bios.

Can you boot from the iGPU? I guess not, right?

It must be either a weird bios issue (blame Clevo) or a bad flash (unlikely since you wouldn't get any picture at all in this case... unless it uses an integrated gpu, I'm not really familiar with the Clevo systems).

I have already post a warning at page 45

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-45.html

@killer: just wait , it could be in the "blinking underscore" state during minutes(i know it could be long ...) then the laptop will continue the boot process, and you can flash your card back on windows.

@SLV7 The P150HM don't have iGPU support.

I think it's probably a bios issue, cause the laptop boot and display the bios information, but after that, there is a problem during the power on self test, then three beep and blinking underscore, but by chance (or because i was a little desperate, after waiting 5 or 10 minutes, then the laptop continue the boot process).

I think/hope that it will do the same with Killer. I think it will be a good idea to warn PXXXHM owners that this vbios is not compatible with their laptop, on the first page of the thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol its all good , anyway sv7 it is not ur fault it is mine since I jump the gun and didn't check tonrac previous post about the new BIOS not working , also tonrac I love u I realized that I didn't change my boot priority listing to USB first so I had to remove my hdd first to get it to boot on usb

Well, this vbios does have uefi support, but it shouldn't matter for you, unless the Clevo system comes with a really crappy bios and can't properly handle the image. It works flawlessly in my 'ancient' M15x with old school non-EFI bios.

Can you boot from the iGPU? I guess not, right?

It must be either a weird bios issue (blame Clevo) or a bad flash (unlikely since you wouldn't get any picture at all in this case... unless it uses an integrated gpu, I'm not really familiar with the Clevo systems).

Here I was thinking I had somehow corrupted the image before flashing... this happened to me too but I did change my boot order before hand... although it looked like a semi-bad flash (lol, but as you stated, it wouldn't show sh*t), because as stated before by other users, I also got my boot up screen, several beeps and an underscore on top left corner... It eventually booted into my USB and flashed back to my previous (915MHz core/2250 Mem. @ 1025 mV, settling at 1000mV).

All is good as of now, but I'd like to try that BIOS! :D

btw, thanks for your answers about the throttling and the mem clocks.

• Brian featured this topic