NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Is that the highest 1.05v one?
That's correct iaTa:

Saltius vbios is 1.037 then 1.012v.

SVL7 vbios is 1.05v then 1.037v.

I'm using Saltius vbios this one already generates a huge extra heat compared to the stock Clevo vbios (0.987 then 0.962v)

the v2 is svl his bios so I guesss it is, the vs1 is not as stable as v2, which is from svl, so it is 1.05 :D

I am just chasing some information that maybe was cleared up in previous pages, which bios could/should i use on my 4GB clevo 680m, im chasing really the highest volts and OC potential really!

Is that the highest 1.05v one?
the v2 is svl his bios so I guesss it is, the vs1 is not as stable as v2, which is from svl, so it is 1.05 :D

v1 is crap, I'll delete it, it was just an experiment to see whether an easier mod works as well or not :) I'll put up some more versions as soon as possible, the voltage isn't at the limit in any of these versions :P

If you want to go crazy, let me know.

OK I have had time to test both the MSI vbios' and they both seem fine stability wise, its just that with the V1 there were some clock speed fluctuations in games. With the V2 version however, the clock speed in games was locked to 929Mhz and stayed there for the hour that I tested it. Rock solid by the way....

Sooo I have decided to stay with the V2 but I was wondering if you could adjust the clocks a little for me that would be awesome.

I would like 900 on the core and 1100(2200) on the memory with no other changes. I thought the mem speed on these OV's was supposed to be at 2200, mine is at 1800, I still have to oc with inspector to get my 2200 mem.

Anyway if you could do that for me let me know and I will send you a donation for your efforts.

Cheers

Brett

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I wouldnt let my GPU run at 93 degrees for 2houres :P, only for short benchmarks :D, but thats up to you

Hi,

It wasn't on purpose.

I used those settings before but with a 23 C room temperature and the max GPU temp was 83 C (all without fn+1)

I guess just at a room temp of 28-30 C the GPU temp jumped up to 93 C

Also the card wasn't running at 93 C for two hours it was just the max temp recorded

@svl7

Can you create a vbios like your v2 but just with a lower voltage maybe the same voltage as saltius bios is using?

Want to try if it makes any difference in temps with the same overclock.

Thanks a lot

Hey svl7, thanks for the modded BIOS. One thing on the Clevo OC one, is it possible to get rid of the "GPU bouncing" ? It seems to be corrected with the MSI OV/OC ones but not in the Clevo one. I am fine with stock voltages, but really can't OC properly because the clocks can throttle with extreme conditions like this:

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9drvSbO31iY?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9drvSbO31iY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Hey svl7, thanks for the modded BIOS. One thing on the Clevo OC one, is it possible to get rid of the "GPU bouncing" ? It seems to be corrected with the MSI OV/OC ones but not in the Clevo one. I am fine with stock voltages, but really can't OC properly because the clocks can throttle with extreme conditions like this:

Current Nvidia cards always throttle with Kombustor / Furmark, and that's good, at least as long as you don't want to kill your card.

I'm not sure what's causing the bouncing, past experiments have shown that it also happens with increased voltage, I'll see that I can put up some more mods when I find time. At the moment the weather is just too nice to spend all the time in front of the PC :)

Hey svl7. The dell bios for the 18xr2 works perfect except for fan control. I'm using winfo 64 for that. Scored p11600 on 3dmark 11. Bios is stable in games also.

Good to hear, but I'm slightly confused, are you talking about the vbios or bios?

Current Nvidia cards always throttle with Kombustor / Furmark, and that's good, at least as long as you don't want to kill your card.

I'm not sure what's causing the bouncing, past experiments have shown that it also happens with increased voltage, I'll see that I can put up some more mods when I find time. At the moment the weather is just too nice to spend all the time in front of the PC :)

Good to hear, but I'm slightly confused, are you talking about the vbios or bios?

The v-bios. Just scored P12001 on 3d mark 11. Will post screen shot later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Svl7 - postal is using your 850mhz bios it seems, me and him have discussed a bit and his scores are awesome on old driver 302.72 he scored 44k gpu score and 13.3k gpu score on 3dm11. Postal if you could please post your graphs of gpu core clock during a 3dm11 run and 3dmvantage run so we can see how the clocks are behaving it would be great. (graphs from msi afterburner or nvinspector of gpu clock speed)

I am going to give the 850 version a spin as well this week. Just need a free afternoon to do that slowly without rushing. What is the expected difference 850+889 regular vs 850+889 OV? I'll start with the regular version.

I'm interested as well to know about that facts.

The vbios you're talking is located at first page right?

I'm happy with my laptop performance but if I can get better results with no risk why not?

PS: Can I flash through windows? like we did with 580M?

Hi there and thanks for a very informative forum.

I have this laptop Fujitsu nh532 with 640m LE, I tried overclocking with nvidia inspector but it is only giving me +135mhz, there is much more potential for this kepler card. Is this bios moddable? Here is the link.

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Showfiles.asp?OSOpenedTree=&IsOSSelected=YES&RHRead=&Windows%207-Childs=0&OSText=B3514DE7-EBF1-45C7-9D91-9C491FE892B7_Windows%207%20x64_True

hi guys,

i´m wondering, because my friend(who´s sitting next to) make some benchmark tests and so i decide to make the tests, too. the settings all are all the same but he has less frames than me and after looking in the values of gpu-z we found the difference between his m17x r4 and mine...

the bios version of the graphic card on my system: 80.04.33.00.32

the bios version of the graphic card on his system: 80.04.33.00.21

both cards are dell oem gtx 680 2gb ram

is it helpfully to dump my bios for somebody? (with a litte bit of help from you ;)

Hello SVL7

Could it be possible to make an OV version of the clevo bios? Now there are two owner of P150HM (killerinstinct and me) who can give you some feedback ...

so feedback will be more accurate ...

Thank you

• Brian featured this topic