NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I have tried heaps of drivers including msi's own 680m driver. Nothing works, same error message.

I really think the machines bios is locking out cards that are not msi bios.

I will try flashing the modded vbios when possible and go from there.

I read somewhere that you need paramaters for vbios flash, does anyone know what they are?

Thanks for the help

its not reading it properly just go to device manager and go to the whatever is under your Display adapters and then go to properties and then go to Hardware_ids and paste what is there and then I can try to modify the driver so that the drivers install

I have a P150EM flashed with a P170EM BIOS and EC firmware to enable Intel XTU for my 3740QM :)

I will try the MSI VBIOS next. Were the idling issues with the MSI VBIOS only on the HM series then?

Yep only on the HM , also HTWingNut posted saltius vbios in his review thread , both are MSI so you should be fine but I'm not sure what voltage the one on this site are at.

• Thumbs Up 1

its not reading it properly just go to device manager and go to the whatever is under your Display adapters and then go to properties and then go to Hardware_ids and paste what is there and then I can try to modify the driver so that the drivers install

Thanks. I will do that asap. Do you need the inf or nvcv files as well?

svl7 would it be possible to have some clarification on the voltages for the MSI OV VBIOS files and also any other differences between the two?

I've read on NBR they are 1.05V for few seconds then settle at 1.037V - is that correct?

That's correct iaTa:

Saltius vbios is 1.037 then 1.012v.

SVL7 vbios is 1.05v then 1.037v.

I'm using Saltius vbios this one already generates a huge extra heat compared to the stock Clevo vbios (0.987 then 0.962v)

• Thumbs Up 3

Here are the device id's

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_09641462&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_09641462

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&CC_0300

Thank you for your help

Brett

here you go , sorry it took soo long, I was asleep :P

lol wait didn't realize the the last 4 digits changed :D brb

nvcv.zip

• Thumbs Up 4

here you go , sorry it took soo long, I was asleep :P

lol wait didn't realize the the last 4 digits changed :D brb

Thanks killer. It's working now. You're the best!! What a great card, now for some vbios mods heh heh

Just out of interest the asic quality on this particular 680m is 92%. Does anyone else with a 680m have such a high asic?

This card will do 900/2200 with no voltage mods, it will be interesting to see how far I can go with the MSI modded vbios'

By the way, what is the difference in the 2 OV versions. I need to know clock rates and voltages.

Thanks

ASIC quality is crazy I admit, I got 97.5% so not sure if that's really a good indication :P

Use the V2, I think this is the most stable - I'm using the Saltius vbios which has a slight lower voltage.

Where can one obtain the saltius unmodified version?

In fact is there anyone out there that could modify the 680m vbios for me?

I mean someone with access to all P- state clocks and voltages and hopefully memory voltages too...

If anyone is able to do this for me, I am willing to donate to them for their efforts.

Thanks

Hej, just a stupid question, whats the difference between the ov OC MSI bioses, it are 2 versions?

This:

Use the V2, I think this is the most stable

I will delete the first one, it was merely an experiment to see whether a less time-consuming mod works as well.

Where can one obtain the saltius unmodified version?

In fact is there anyone out there that could modify the 680m vbios for me?

I mean someone with access to all P- state clocks and voltages and hopefully memory voltages too...

If anyone is able to do this for me, I am willing to donate to them for their efforts.

Thanks

Let me know what you want, however the memory voltage is fix. Maybe a pencil mod could be possible for the mem.

Hey SVL7,

I have read this whole thread from page 1, its incredible, and i have learnt alot from everyone posting in here, thanks guys! I found my way over here from NBR and plan on hanging around!!

Anyway, I am just chasing some information that maybe was cleared up in previous pages, which bios could/should i use on my 4GB clevo 680m, im chasing really the highest volts and OC potential really!

-Grechie

• Thumbs Up 2

Only with software like furmark or if the heat rise the danger zone of 90 + °C ... (this is the behavior i see on mine ...)

Hmm that's weird,

I played Max Payne 3 1080p everything maxed and x4, x8.

After 2 hours gaming it showed a max temp of 93 C but didn't seem to throttle. (used svl7 vbios 1,037V 1035/2450)

But I think it got to the temperature because yesterday it was pretty hot. Around 30 degrees room temperature.

But nevertheless not throttling

• Brian featured this topic